Hot Toys Superman Returns and Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanHelscwing

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Previews in April.
At least we know that this version of Supes will be beefier but not as articulated. Love to see if HT goes all out on Bats' utility belt.

VanHelscwing said:
Previews in April.
At least we know that this version of Supes will be beefier but not as articulated. Love to see if HT goes all out on Bats' utility belt.

Now this might be fun to see, I regard Hot Toys as a far better company than Medicom who add a lot of detail and accessories in most of their lines and if SS distributes this, it might be worth it at a better price!

Holy moly! Do we know these are the 1/6th scale line? They do various Aliens and Predator items in 1/12th scale as well as the 1/6th. If these are 12" figures they probably will be the best in class, based on my experience at least. Very cool news. Can't wait to see them.
And I was just getting excited about the Medicom.

LOL. Everybody but Sideshow is making Batman Begins Figures. I hope they're next to make an announcement.
I'm committed to buy Takara's Batman Begins figure but If Hot Toys does a good job on a 1/6 version, I might have to pick theirs up too. I wish someone would do a Reeve Superman, the only way I'd pick up a Routh Superman is if the movie knocks my socks off. I believe Hot Toys will do a good job but they're known not to make movie figures with accurate likenesses since they don't bother seeking out the rights. Although Routh's likeness rights may be included in the license so who knows if it'll look like him.
I'll wait and see how these turn out.
These are listed under Movie Masterpieces like Rambo and the Aliens 12" figures so I think these will be in 1/6 scale. Are the small Aliens figures listed as Movie Masterpieces?

I just thought, how cool would it be if Hot Toys is making more then just Batman in the suit. I'd love to have 1/6 scale Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson) and Bruce Wayne in their Ninja gear.

These are likely to be even better than Takara's. Hot Toys and likenesses worry me, but Rambo was fantastic, so there may be hope. And I can't believe how all these companies are making Batman - it boggles the mind. I do wish they'd go back and do Reeve and Keaton versions too though.

FINALLY! Ive been hoping for something like this! Medicoms was just to short, plus HT will have WAY more stuff. This is one figure that is a definate must.

FINALLY A BATMAN!

Whoa, all these Batmans and Supermans! When is the Asian market going to be saturated?

I think I'll go with Takara for now, this gives me more hope for a Takara 12" Superman in addition to the Batman and Catwoman.

I wish these companies would do comic versions though. Catwoman is the comic version so it does sound doable.

Darklord Dave said:
These are likely to be even better than Takara's. Hot Toys and likenesses worry me, but Rambo was fantastic, so there may be hope. And I can't believe how all these companies are making Batman - it boggles the mind. I do wish they'd go back and do Reeve and Keaton versions too though.

HT just started doing likenesses for their Movieline (see new Rambo) although it is true many of their "Famous Type" line was not great, except for a few, like George Lucas. They also did a good Colin Farrell LAPD SWAT and Keanu Reeves Speed and Clooney Halo Night Ops Jumper.

But again, this a new line and they are an extraordinary Company when it comes to detail, especially in their outfits and gear. To know they are doing these Superhero figs is very exciting indeed!

Let's hope SS distributes them in the US, like they did with Rambo and Aliens, and I, for one, will be stoked!

Last edited:
Well,

I think I will hold out on getting the Takara's until production pieces of both are available.....discissions...discissions....:)

cheers,

Brad

can't wait to see the figures and the film. I wonder if sideshow would make a superman line anytime soon :monkey3 and maybe a PF Doomsday statue :monkey5

student_toe5 said:
can't wait to see the figures and the film. I wonder if sideshow would make a superman line anytime soon :monkey3 and maybe a PF Doomsday statue :monkey5

Highly unlikely, DC Direct and Warner Bros own and control the rights. They have licensed Int'l rights to mostly Asian companies, Hot toys, Medicom, Takara but SS might distribute some of these to us for a fair price point.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that SSC will be able to import the HT or Medicom DC characters. DC Direct has too much of a stranglehold on their license in N. America. I am curious as to how the licensing goes for something like this where 3 seperate companies can make essentially the same figure.

I like both of those - there's a certain weightiness to Batman that's missing from the Medicom one, although it's difficult to tell if it's better than Takara's. Supes looks good, hard to tell about the headsculpt at this point though. The costume is virtually identical to Mattel's Ken - yes, that's how good the Ken's costume is. Only the boots and cape look different.

as soon as these two come up for pre-order from asia, i'm getting them. no way i'm gonna take a chance at missing these two!

just think how cool it will be it hot toys makes a keaton batman and reeve superman!:chew

captain sack said:
photos at the one sixth warrior forum......

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50796&page=2

these are two of the best looking 1/6th figures i have EVER seen!

Doesnt look like that Routh fella, but the figure blow any 1/6th Superman away. Bats looks ever bit as good too. Can't wait to have them both on my shelf.

captain sack said:
as soon as these two come up for pre-order from asia, i'm getting them. no way i'm gonna take a chance at missing these two!

just think how cool it will be it hot toys makes a keaton batman and reeve superman!:chew

Yup. Hell, I hope they make Adam West Batman as well.

Don't think supes looks big enough, that might be a reason the head looks a tad big............but, IF ssc was able to snag a few of these, I would be down with picking them up....................DC Direct's supes looks a little large...........but overall a nice sculpt....................I'm just amazed at how many companies are creating figures for the new supe movie, and coming out with figures from Batman Begins....................gives collectors plenty of choices............
theverse

I still plan on getting the Takara version of "Batman Begins" Batman along with Catwoman, but I'll probably get the Hot Toys also. I think the Medicom Superman, a figure that I think looks much better than almost anyone else here does, is off the list now and the Hot Toys is on. I think it looks pretty darned good although I agree the Routh likeness at this point appears weak. But the costume and physique look great. I am getting the DCD Routh 13" figure also but the Hot Toys looks to be the deal.
And Dave, after reading your comment I'm going to have to hit the Wally's and take a look at the Barbie Superman. If the costume is well done It will make a nice source for a bash. You can't have too much Superman. At least reasonably priced Superman.

I'll be transplanting Ken's costume to a BBi body or something else, although the boots will still be a problem. The cape's kind of short too.

Back