JS's custom Logan combo PF idea - whaddaya think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks!

I was pondering recently and my thoughts ran like this:

1. I love everything about the Sideshow Logan - except the melon-head.
(Andy absolutely, totally rocks - but Logan's face/head look isn't it for me)
The overall pose and clothing on Logan though, are about perfect in my opinion.

2. I'm getting the new Wolverine Logan comiquette, and I'm gonna likely
display it with the masked head, just like I do my Wolverine vs Sabretooth,
because I just like the masked version a bit better.

3. So that means I'm gonna have an extra 1/4 scale PF Logan Head.........

4. So what if I could create something like this by combining the two:

logancombo4lh.jpg

I'd have to have the neck worked over, and likely get the face or body
color paint matched so it all blended well, but that is not a big deal really.

An alternate idea I've got is just to have another head sculpted for it.
Either way, I'd love to have this logan body with a more real styled head.

I just wanted to get some opinions from people around here on my idea.

Thanks very much for looking! :wave

JS :)

GREAT idea!

I can see why you want to buy a broken Logan now. ;)

Should be kickass.

Fritz said:
I guess I'm the only one who thinks the original Logan looks fantastic?
nope your not alone, I absolutely love it.
Im sure these people do too, but just see Logan portrayed a different way

I reckon that's fantastic that you even contemplate, let alone possibly be, in the position to actually afford yourself the pleasure of doing some customising. These items are your's to do with what you want. That you are able to pleasure your collective nature, along with your creative side, and result in your satisfaction is ace. Do it. Do it now, while the ability is afforded you.

We all see things in different ways from our own pespectives. The hobby allows for many variation of collectors, of the exact same thing. The attraction varies as well. I prefer my characters to be from the silver age. That has become the dilemna. Many forms have become popular. The SS Logan would be the one for many. To have it is to know it.

You have chosen to undertake a process that will expand your knowledge and experience. You will know better if you can acomplish your plan when you have the second head and SS Logan, where by you can determine the scale, and whether it will be appropriate. This is the easiest solution. Hope it is on. If not a custom sculpt is liable to cost you a fair few moolairo's. Whoa. It will nag you if you try to attempt an out of scale head, so have the moolah ready. You may yet end up with a spare head.

creecher said:
It will nag you if you try to attempt an out of scale head, so have the moolah ready. You may yet end up with a spare head.

Thanks for the words creech! My only hurdle with the project is finding a
damaged Logan PF, or a good one that is cheap enough for my purposes.

Regarding the out-of-scale head - No matter what, I think the new Logan
noggin will be more of a realistic scale than the original big-head Logan, just
due to the fact that the new one is based on real-world proportions, where
the original Logan seems to be more exaggerated in size and features.

Either way, if I can get a cheap enough Logan, I'll give it a shot!

JS :monkey5

Much harder than finding a complete one. You know what your doing, so good luck.

I haven't seen the SS Logan in person, or any other for that matter. The black hair absorbs a lot of area in the photo's I have seen, making it hard to guage it's real look, or verifying what people find wrong with it. Wasn't a big X-men fan. The point is it doesn't represent Logan to you, and you are taking action. It is still interesting for the rest of us, should you be able to post pics.

I never cared for Logan's big head either...that's why I sold him.

I think it will work out JS and you will have a MUCH better Logan piece.

Not a bad idea, and (in theory) the revised version would look GREAT, no doubt..

But, the head from Ray's sculpt would be significantly too small for this to work. Ray's Wolvie (if standing straight up) would measure about 15 inches tall, whereas the original Logan PF stands over 18 inches tall. Even without the head on the PF, that figure stands about 16 inches tall just to the top of the shoulders. Although both statues were made to be approximately 1/4 scale, the fact is that neither of them are truly 1/4 scale. The Logan PF is taller than he should be, and the Wolvie statue is actually slightly smaller than 1/4 scale (I think Wolverine would measure at least 16.5 inches at true 1/4 scale...?). Anyway, believe me, the head from Ray's sculpt is definitely too small for the PF. I just wouldn't want you to find that out the hard way. :eek:

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about... Keep in mind that in the group shot, the comiquette base is still a good 1/2 inch taller than the PF's base, so the Logan PF is actually even a little taller in comparison to the CQ than it seems in the pic.

wolvie%20shot%201.jpg

wolvie%20shot%202.jpg

p.s. sorry for the crappy pics. :eek:

Thank you VERY much Andy for the info and pictures.
I'm (we're all) very lucky to have your input here on things of this nature.

Having said that - your last picture shows both noggins, and the smaller
one from the new PF doesn't actually look way too small for the body. Am I
just mistaken that it'd be undersized and look funny then? I'd love for
this combo to work, but I sure don't wanna go from big noggin to dinky.

I'd also consider a different head sculpt, but that'd be more cost than
I wanted on an experimental idea project like this.

What was your original Logan PF head sculpt based off of Andy?
A comic book, or a cartoon, your interpretation, or something else entirely?

Either way: THANKS VERY MUCH ANDY! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

JS :)

Sideshow Andy said:
p.s. sorry for the crappy pics. :eek:

they werent crappy til you blurred out the background andy.
... so uumm .. what needed blurring out?
"my mess" is NOT an acceptable answer :D

It may not look radically too small in the last pic, but if you cut/paste it over the top of the original PF head you'll see what I mean. Definitely too small. It would be like increasing the size of the Comiquette body by 10%, but leaving it's head the same size. The size of the head would be noticably too small. BTW, to answer your question.... The original PF head was sculpted from reference sketches provided by the Sideshow design team. I would love to do another more traditional version someday.

Occulum- I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :D

Sideshow Andy said:
It may not look radically too small in the last pic, but if you cut/paste it over the top of the original PF head you'll see what I mean. Definitely too small. It would be like increasing the size of the Comiquette body by 10%, but leaving it's head the same size. The size of the head would be noticably too small. BTW, to answer your question.... The original PF head was sculpted from reference sketches provided by the Sideshow design team. I would love to do another more traditional version someday.

Occulum- I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :D

Thanks again for the input Andy. I appreciate it very much!

How 'bout this: Tell me what was blurred out, but kill Occulum. :monkey3

JS ;)

Back