San Diego Comic Con exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone picked up on this yet or not.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=comiccon06att&source=032306news

This link came from the newsletter.

When will we know what the exclusives are?

Sideshow Collectibles will be offering seven (7) Comic-Con Exclusives this year, representing a few of our many popular licenses. We will be releasing the list of items on or around April 6th in our 2006 Comic-Con section of our web site.

When will the exclusives be able to be pre-ordered?

The Sideshow Comic-Con Exclusives will be offered for Priority Pre-Order towards the end of April. A schedule of pre-order dates will be made available to collectors within our 2006 Comic-Con section of our web site in mid-April.

10 Mins to Wapner :p ;)

Yeah, we have been talking about this in the general SS section. I think the SW 12" is gonna be Sith Eyes Anakin.

I just hope the SW 12" exclusive is either someone I really don't want so I don't have to go through the hassel of finding a way to get him or they make it very easy for non attendees to purchase one.

Well, they are going to put 10% up of each on the site in a PPO for those not going. Really doesn't get much easier than that.

I wonder if they're will be a SW PF announced. I actually hope not. Only 10 percent of an exclusive wouldn't last very long especially if it's Fett.

jlcmsu said:
Well, they are going to put 10% up of each on the site in a PPO for those not going. Really doesn't get much easier than that.

Yeah, 10% will sell out in like 5 minutes... I just hope my computer doesn't conk out during that pre-order. Sith eyes Anakin I could probably do without so that would be ok with me.

Darth Loki said:
I wonder if they're will be a SW PF announced. I actually hope not. Only 10 percent of an exclusive wouldn't last very long especially if it's Fett.

10 percent of a PF exclusive didn't last long last year... I was ready and waiting and by the time I got the page to load Luke was sold out. Of course, that was before the days of Streamlined Priority Preordering. We'll see how it goes this year.

The good news is that there will be more than 10% in some cases:

We make approximately 10% of the edition size available for non-attendees world-wide, however this number will fluctuate depending on the license (SW/LOTR).

So the big items will have more than 10% made available to non-attendees--a bigger percentage, and of a presumably larger edition size than normal as well. It would not surprise me at all to find that the SDCC "exclusive" SW figures will have the largest edition size of any exclusive SW figure yet. I wonder if they go higher than 2000 on Sith Eyes Anakin, setting a new record for availability?

Yeah, I think they did more than 10% last year for the SW stuff. It's still gonna sell out fast be it LOTR or SW. At least SS is giving those not going a chance which is more than I can say for a lot of companies.

Now, as far as a PF exclusive for SW or LOTR. I could see it happening but the thing is will they want to offer the shipping deal they did like last year. Not to mention who would they go with? It would have to be somebody that A) doesn't have an exclusive-So for SW it would have to be a new character that is ready to ship now. For LOTR it could be Frodo since he doesn't have one already but he isn't due to ship till the end of the year. Or B) if it happens to be a new character they have to go with someone who the fanbase just won't go ape**** over. That's why the more I think about it there won't be a PF for this year.

Sideshow do have it organised well. The 90% for show goers left the non attendees with extra, because items weren't picked up or weren't ordered. It will be safe to say that is less likely with each passing year.

It isn't just the SW and LotR items either. The demand means there is more people aware of the Con exclusives, so any Con exclusive is much fought over.

Having more exclusives isn't the answer. In the future it may come down to only being able to select one exclusive from the range. Anyone who was happy with the current arrangement better be prepared for a taste of what non attendees are becoming acclimatised to. Want buzzz, that is where the buzzz will be. Sideshow have just short circuited the waiting in line, down to a few minutes on your computer. As the demand grows so does the disappointment of missing out, which leads to backs being turned onto this hobby.

Good Luck everyone.

Guys,

If they have a 1/6 SW and LOTR exclusives for SDCC, will they put them up for preorder at different times? I hope so coz 10% will go reaaaaly fast for those of us that cant attend. any info on how this works?

I would assume like all the other priority pre-orders just with a smaller quantity and a lot more pissed off non-attendees.

I think it's cool that Sideshow make some figures available via the website,even if it's only a small amount. At least it gives the people who can't get to SDCC for various reasons (especially international collectors) a chance of getting the figures at the regular price. If the Star Wars exclusive is a Sith Eyes Anakin as is strongly rumored I'm not bothered about missing it as I don't like the character.

nash said:
Guys,

If they have a 1/6 SW and LOTR exclusives for SDCC, will they put them up for preorder at different times? I hope so coz 10% will go reaaaaly fast for those of us that cant attend. any info on how this works?

I think they will Nash. I believe it even says on the site the will be put up over seperate days all of the exclusives. I'd need to re-read that though to be 110% sure.

I just realized something, the San Diego exclusive may be the next figure announcement for the Star Wars line. They announce it on April 6th. If it is indeed Sith eyes Anakin, then Anakin will be the first figure announced in the Sith line!

I hope this is not the case. I would rather some other character announced as the first Sith.

Back