The SITH are coming... MAUL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, did you see it? In the podcast.

First, she said "The Sith are coming."

Then, during that bizarre "announcement" in the LOTR section, a picture was posted of Jedi Luke, Qui-Gon and... DARTH MAUL. The picture even looks like a 1/6th scale version.

Did we just get our clue?

Or are they f***king with us?

BTW, its at 14:25 in the podcast if you want to check.

Yep! I saw it at the beginning. There is a picture of Maul next to Qui Gon and Luke and he has his black cloak on. Could be the 1:1 bust but it looks like it is in 1:6 scale.

I can't post the pic off the quicktime podcast. But I think you're right. It looks a lot like the bust...but I don't know...there's just something different. Maybe its my desire...

Here's a side by side comparison of the bust and the image from the podcast. You be the judge.... Either way, there's a reason they showed Qui-Gon next to Maul!!!

comparison0ll.jpg

No. I just downloaded the podcast from the SS site.

The picture shows Maul in the foreground, and he's snarling in a vary similar way to the bust. So I'm thinking what are the chances they'd do such a similar "grimace" in 1/6th?

Then again, do we really want a passive, stern Maul?

Oh well. Like I said, you're probably right.

if its maul, im cancelling all obligations for that day. no ifs ands or butts.

tomandshell said:
Here's a side by side comparison of the bust and the image from the podcast. You be the judge.... Either way, there's a reason they showed Qui-Gon next to Maul!!!

comparison0ll.jpg

DAMN! You're fast. Nicely done. Its the bust. Good call Josh.

But, like Tom says... perhaps there's a reason this was posted during the SS "announcement" gag...which wasn't very funny anyway.

Could this at long last be a real clue?

darthmaul.jpg

I lost in the quality of the pic but you should be able to see it well enough.

Anyone?

She says in the podcast, the Sith are coming!

What with the weird "Announcer" in the middle of the podcast, I don'tget it. Anyways I think it was just the bust.

Wor-Gar said:
Well, did you see it? In the podcast.

First, she said "The Sith are coming."

Then, during that bizarre "announcement" in the LOTR section, a picture was posted of Jedi Luke, Qui-Gon and... DARTH MAUL. The picture even looks like a 1/6th scale version.

Did we just get our clue?

Or are they f***king with us?

I have been saying all along that Palpatine may very well be on his way soon, I think he may be first in the Sith 1/6 line, to go with/against Jedi Luke for starters and he would keep a lot of us happy until Darth comes along.

Plus, I just can't fathom Mat, Andy, Oluf et all NOT waiting another week to get their itchy, skillful hands on a face sculpt like his, it is sculpting nirvana.

We shall see...

Yeah, originally I felt certain that Ep VI Emperor was to be the first 12" Sith, master of all the others and a good wrap for Luke. Now that we have Luke, its an even better choice.

However, I have been swayed since Qui-Gon was released. Like Luke, Jinn also has no connection to any other figure and desperately needs Maul to create a scene.

Also, SS may do the Sith in order in order of appearance -- Maul, Sidious, Dooku, then Vader (I know Sidious appeared first techinically, but he was just a holograph).

If I were in charge, I would start the line with red-robe Sidious, at the threshold of his Emperor glory. However, I'd much rather pose a Darth Maul.

Either way it goes, I'm STOKED!!!

Ooh, Maul... This is gonna be a toughie, I'm trying not to buy any duplicate 12" and PF figures. So I guess I'll wait for a PF Maul, we'll see how well my resolution holds out. The big debate will be Dooku...PF or 12" :confused:

Wor-Gar said:
Yeah, originally I felt certain that Ep VI Emperor was to be the first 12" Sith, master of all the others and a good wrap for Luke. Now that we have Luke, its an even better choice.

However, I have been swayed since Qui-Gon was released. Like Luke, Jinn also has no connection to any other figure and desperately needs Maul to create a scene.

Also, SS may do the Sith in order in order of appearance -- Maul, Sidious, Dooku, then Vader (I know Sidious appeared first techinically, but he was just a holograph).

If I were in charge, I would start the line with red-robe Sidious, at the threshold of his Emperor glory. However, I'd much rather pose a Darth Maul.

Either way it goes, I'm STOKED!!!

There has been no particular order in releasing these figs, if anything there have been more PT figs coming out as of late. In fact there have only been 2 OT figs, Luke and Han as I recall and Palpatine/Ep 4 Emperor appeared in both the OT and PT so it makes perfect sense to add him as the first Sith character to me. Plus I heard somewhere, whether it was a live chat or whatever, how much fun it would be to sculpt him -- actually I think it may have been Mat who said this when Luke was first up for pre-order.

I agree W-G, a red-robe Sidious would be delicious!

Back