I was kinda regretting cancelling Darla...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
until I saw the new production piece photos. :horror

20201_press05-001.jpg

This is just downright awful and is easily the worst sculpt in the line IMO. I don't see Julie Benz anywhere in there, reminds me more of Eric Stoltz from the movie Mask. Just terrible. Hopefully we'll get a much, much better version in the Angel line.

Where did all of the lovely detail go? Her forehead bumps and game face looked great in the preorder...:horror

Now I am kinda concerned, as I have one of each Darla on order still, as that Darla looks like it has changed significantly since coming from the production facility.

the hairs been changed alot and flairs out more, which I actually like much more, works much better if you have her with the guns. But the face itself could be the result of bad lighting again. The original pics have far more shadow where as the new ones look alot brighter. You can till see the detail in the sculpt. Its again the paint aps...

Look at the pic of Darla in dox, looks much better:D

I did a side by side comparison of the two photos we've seen and threw in the screen shot from the episode. I agree with BDBoyToys that I think it is the shadowing and paint application. The bumps still look like they are there and the hair does look better. The mouth looks closed a bit more, which again, could be the paint.

117071073_6bb5b8dbac_o.jpg

I actually think it is an excellent sculpt if you compare it to the screenshot used.

The main reason I turned this figure down is because of the outfit, but I don't like the sculpt or the hair too much either, the more I see of it.

Obsolete Man - I thought of Eric Stoltz from Mask, too!

Last edited:
The resculpted hair is much better, but the aggressive shadowing on the prototype pics show more detail. The production pics may just have a flat effect from lighting, so I will wait and see how it looks in hand. I hope that the gameface is retained under the paint, and I know they avoided the bluer skin tone for later vamp makeups, but that was always the look I remember for Darla. Probably cause it was in the credits!:D

Seaward said:
The resculpted hair is much better, but the aggressive shadowing on the prototype pics show more detail. The production pics may just have a flat effect from lighting, so I will wait and see how it looks in hand. I hope that the gameface is retained under the paint, and I know they avoided the bluer skin tone for later vamp makeups, but that was always the look I remember for Darla. Probably cause it was in the credits!:D

Too bad they can't spray her down with a light blue glaze!! Darla was always kind of shown in the shadows!:D

It's hard to say. Both pictures weren't taken under the same lighting conditions. No chance I'm cancelling. I'm sure it'll look great. Either way, I want to see it in person first.

Fritz said:
It's hard to say. Both pictures weren't taken under the same lighting conditions. No chance I'm cancelling. I'm sure it'll look great. Either way, I want to see it in person first.

be sure to post pics with out flash!:D

I like mine just fine, thanks! I don't know what's wrong with that pic on the left up there, but that's not how the figure looks. I think it's just a bad pic. :rolleyes:

You playing with fire BD. Lucky for you someone is taking the pictures who is more reserved than Shaithis. Oh yes, I know the wrath of Shaithis, too well. :lol Start backpeddling now. That's my advice. :lol

I got both Red and Blue Darla today, and it was nice of them to come in one box (don't read that wrong, this isn't penthouse).

I haven't gotten them unwrapped as of yet, but the head sculpt is more along the lines of initial preview picture in terms of detail, but the hair is clearly the revised production pic. This is a good thing, though, as I think the hair is much improved. The nice vamp wrinkles are still there, just much more subtle under the paint application. What makes the vampire makeup appearance for the Master and Vampire Buffy figures stand out are the paint applications used to highlight the wrinkles, with a slight darker line in the valley of the wrinkle to accentuate it, and that is what is missing, taking away from the sculpt. The rest of the face and mouth are nicely done, but the vamp wrinkles could have used a little paint to define them and help them pop.

The accessories look nice, Darla comes with three schoolbooks and two handguns with removable clips.

I will try and get some pics soon, as tonight is my first adventure with a brand new digital camera!

Back