Is there a high quality 1:1 replica of the Aztec gold coin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeDoctor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious if there is a good prop replica of the Aztec coins from Curse of the Blakc Pearl. I haven't seen a good one around.

SnakeDoc

NECA is the only company around I know of that made Aztec coins. They run pretty inexpensive, I believe.

Master Replicas made a really nice one as well. The one you want comes in a box with the chain, not the blister card:

boxed%20set.jpg

It's pretty nice, I believe it's the best replicas of the coin out there. I got one when it first came out, but you should still be able to find it. May take some searching though. Should only be about $30-40

Whats the difference between the boxed and blister card version besides price and packaging?

It depends on what carded version you have. Some don't come with a chain, and some are not antiqued (black washed to pop the details). I'm not sure what the difference is quality wise, but the best looking coin and chain set is the boxed version IMO.

Its very confusing. There seems to be multiple blister card versions available all offering poor descriptions and inaccurate photos. The version with the box seems quite difficult to find.

Back