Any Chance of 12" SS Vader ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every chance of seeing a Vader. Let's wait and see.

I think more and more people will become aware of Sideshows 12 inch line, over time, and I think Sideshow will strike when the iron is hottest. For all we know, this one is already in the can, awaiting the steam to build up.

I would be amazed if they didn't. He's the main character of the six movies, how could they not do a 12" version. I also expect to get a Padawan Anakin.

Darth Vader will happen,just not likely for some time,unless Sideshow are planning to suprise us and announce that they've already been working on one. Like the other characters that need new body parts/molds I'd sooner wait a while and get an awesome 1/6 scale Vader than have Sideshow rush a substandard figure into production just to satisfy the more impatient collectors out there. Chewbacca in particular needs special attention and Sideshow have already stated that he's "on hold" until they can find a way to make a furry Chewie figure look convincing. As much as I'd like a Chewbacca to go with the Bespin Han,I understand the decision as I imagine there would be a hell of a backlash if Sideshow released a Chewie that resembled one of the Hasbro monstrosities.

EVILFACE said:
Is this a real question?

Lol, yes and also Darth Vader is not the main character in all six films IMO, I am a SW nut but let's be honest, DV is badass in the OT but in the Prequels Anakin was the main character in mostly II & III.

I meant that that is who the story is based on. The fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

Yeah...it is now....The ot movies were more about Luke, but Lucas changed his mind and said, no the whole thing is about Anakin now.

PT= About Anakin
OT= About Luke

Together= story of the Skywalker family (father and son) with it mostly being focused on Anakin and his past resulting in the present.

Vader will be made. If the SDCC exclusive is Sith Eyes Anakin, then he is coming out in July. Armored Vader will just take some time. They will want to do him right and not fall near perfect like with Han.

I'm undecided if the SW saga is just about 2 of the main characters. I always thought, the real theme of the films was the fight between good and evil.

Some ppl are sure about SSC having the SW licence "for a long time". The only comment I remember SSC made about that was in a podcast, where they denied a rumor, having the license for only a year or so. As far as I remember they said, they had the licence for "significantly longer". How long is that? Two years? Three years?

Yeah, I would be shocked if they did not do Vader. He's one of the most iconic and memorable characters of all time. I'm sure that they will wait until they can make the best possible figure before they release him... But I'd say it's about 95% sure that we will see one at least in the next 2-3 years.

I mean... when has someone had the SW license and NOT made at least one Vader? :cool:

DekeStarkiller said:
Lol, yes and also Darth Vader is not the main character in all six films IMO, I am a SW nut but let's be honest, DV is badass in the OT but in the Prequels Anakin was the main character in mostly II & III.

They are all ensembles, but IMHO, it's like Fight Club. Once you see 1-3, the next time you see 4-6 Anakin is the main character. Before 1-3 came out or if you reject them as some do, then it's Luke as the hero and Vader is just a (really kick ass) bad guy.

I'm thinking a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday Vader release, they missed Christmas season for the PF Vader release so why not make up for it.

Hopefully we'll see a July/August Pre-Order for 4th qtr release

It's been mentioned by sideshow during their chats we will not see any armored charactors released this year. I'm sure he's coming, just not anytime soon.

Darth Rage said:
It's been mentioned by sideshow during their chats we will not see any armored charactors released this year. I'm sure he's coming, just not anytime soon.

That kind of sucks... correction, it really sucks! :tap

In my opinion, I think SS will strike the hardest of the SW line after or even during Comic Con just to stir some chaos among new customers and fans. I guarantee everyone that during or/and after comic con, there will be new "rivals" on obtaining one of these magnificent figures. This means that I don't think we will be seeing Darth Vader anytime soon, or during and/or after comic con. But we will be seeing him. So the question is not "any chance of 12" SS Vader, but the question is "WHEN"???

Back