Superman Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care too much for them myself, with the exception of the Daily Planet one. That rendition defies gravity, in keeping with the Superman theme. :google

Im with Creech on this one.

The Daily Planet piece looks pretty good..:google

They all have low edition sizes aswell....nice

WW :lsvader

I like that each one comes with a special DVD. That's a nice touch. The Luthor one and the Ma Kent one just don't do it for me. Half the statues show Superman collapsed in a heap! The Daily Planet is nice, and is my favorite of the four. The idea of the Disaster Averted piece is cool, but having the missile sliced off like that makes it look like a giant robot Madonna was attacking the city and the left cup of her big metal bra fell off and crashed to earth. I don't think I'll fork out the money for any of these. Too much else coming...

They're way too expensive at $375, although I'm sure they'll be found for less. I'll most likely get the Daily Planet one though - it's really a cool looking piece.

I think the daily planet and the disaster statue's are pretty amazing but Superman looks so skinny. So I don't know if I will be getting these or not.BUT I did end up ordering the 1/4 Superman and Superman forever statue.

tomandshell said:
but having the missile sliced off

It's not a missile. It's a 747 jet.

And "Fallen Hero" is the most powerful of the statues. It's an amazing depiction of what is sure to be an amazing scene.

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
It's not a missile. It's a 747 jet.

And "Fallen Hero" is the most powerful of the statues. It's an amazing depiction of what is sure to be an amazing scene.

,...i don't think so,...it's a very weak statue,...
all these superman returns statues are pretty bad and expensive,...the daily planet it's ok,...not that bad,... but the rest,.. :sick :sick :sick

I think "The Daily Planet" statue is amazing. I'm powerfully torn on this. I just finally broke down and preordered some PFs from SSC and the 1/4 scale Superman from DCD. Ordinarily I'm just an action figure and mini's collector. Well, and a bunch of other stuff but not statues. I'm just not a "big" statue kinda' guy, but I think that's such a beautiful and iconic image that it's almost irresistable. I think the other statues are nice that Weta is doing but they don't move me like this one. Tough decision for me coming up. This statue does for me exactly what I feel art should. It really does move me. What to do, what to do......

I think they all look pretty bad and are overpriced.

They just don't look "real" enough IMO.

Save your money.

They are ok. I don't find them to be anything special but they are nice. As I said I just don't think these have the life in them the LOTR pieces do.

You guys are soooo wrong! These statues are awesome! The detail on Ma Kent and Lex is amazing! Given their size, all four statues are worth the price. I have the Disaster Averted statue and it is amazing. Oh....I think they have plenty of life in them! :cool:

carbo-fation said:
You guys are soooo wrong! These statues are awesome! The detail on Ma Kent and Lex is amazing! Given their size, all four statues are worth the price. I have the Disaster Averted statue and it is amazing. Oh....I think they have plenty of life in them! :cool:

I've seen them in person already before anyone here had one because of SDCC. They are nice as I said but I just don't find them to be anything special. I think the Hellsgate stuff is much cooler actually than anything Weta has done by themselves. Now, if they did LOTR (again) or The Hobbit (which they will I'm sure) then I know those will be awesome. They know how to bring life to ME which I just don't see in the other stuff. Not to mention the price on these is way way too high. IMO there just isn't enough there to justify the price.

jlcmsu said:
I've seen them in person already before anyone here had one because of SDCC. They are nice as I said but I just don't find them to be anything special. I think the Hellsgate stuff is much cooler actually than anything Weta has done by themselves. Now, if they did LOTR (again) or The Hobbit (which they will I'm sure) then I know those will be awesome. They know how to bring life to ME which I just don't see in the other stuff. Not to mention the price on these is way way too high. IMO there just isn't enough there to justify the price.

That's cool! I guess you can't really argue about statues having life in them, unless you're fond of the movies or books they are based on. I loved the movie, hence I like the statues because they represent the most iconic scences from the movie. Same goes for the LOTR pieces.

carbo-fation said:
That's cool! I guess you can't really argue about statues having life in them, unless you're fond of the movies or books they are based on. I loved the movie, hence I like the statues because they represent the most iconic scences from the movie. Same goes for the LOTR pieces.

It's all good. I don't think they are bad at all. They are nicely done just nothing for me in them. Supes was a good movie. I can't wait to get the DVD the pieces just don't resinate with me but I'm glad so many do like them as I would like to see Weta do good enough that they decide to press things and get the LOTR statue line going again.

I have the Daily Planet and I have to say that it's truly awesome. I see more in it every time I look at it. The likenesses aren't 100%, but coming from WETA that's to be expected. But everything else about them, from design to final paint is excellent.

Back