Opinions on case for PF Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kwerve_Supper

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been putting the Star Wars Premium Format figures into custom cases from casesforcollectibles.com. So far I have a case for Luke and a case for Han. I plan on getting a large single case made to put Obi-Wan and Vader in together and have found a spot to put it in. So far, so good.

I'm not sure whether to plan on getting a case for the exclusive caped version of Grievous. I love having these guys under acrylic and protected from the elements. However, Grievous poses a problem. His base is not particularily large and could go several places in my collection. However, the four arms with the lightsabers out at different angles make the dimensions for the case very large in all directions (something like 27h x 20w x 20d going by the dimensions on Sideshow's site). The case will be huge and I'll have to clear a 20x20" space for it on a shelf rather than just a space big enough for his base.

Since he's mostly polystone/metal, I can keep most of him clean with compressed air and careful dusting. It's the cape I wonder about protecting.

What are others' plans for the General?

You are correct- a case that would cover the entire piece would be extremely huge. I don't think I will be able to keep him covered. I have no place for a cover of that size.

A fish tank might be the way to go. For your cape concerns, I can only suggest removing it, and giving it a vacuum with the air vent open on the hose, or you may wish to wash it by hand with a gentle detergent, or diluted dishwashing liquid, then giving it an iron, placing it between a couple of dish cloths and using a low setting.

I plan on going with a 20x20x27" case too pruette. Grievous will be Sideshow's "flagship" 1/4 statue for some time to come; and, even if it is mostly polystone and metal, I'd still put it in a case. Once dust attaches to something, the effects it has is perminent even if you dust regularly. The goal, really, is to minimize the exposure as much as possible.

Also, I'm not sure what type of shelving you'll be using, but there are some options out there than can accomodate a case that large. The shelving I use (JOURNALIST from Ikea) has corner shelving just large enough for a 22"w X 22"d case. There are also separate tables (coffee/end) that would be plenty large. :)

I'm not using any particular type of shelving system at the moment. I converted some cabinets into display shelving and that coupled with some other spots in the house is holding most of my higher-end stuff. That 20x20" base will definitely be a bit difficult to place, though. :D

I imagine in the end I'll go with the case and figure it out, though, 'cause I hate to have Grievous be the only one of the PF I have standing out in the open. Don't much fancy houseguests pawing it either. :monkey5

You know, I think someone should make a display case that you can vacuum seal. That way, since there would be no air in the case (or at least, very little) the item would age slower and it would last longer. And for items that have cloth, it would be a big plus.

Just be thankful you have the funds for both. There's no way I can maintain paying for both the figures and then a case for each of them. I thankfully have no problem having them out.

pruette said:
What are others' plans for the General?

My plans are to keep him in his box! Just like all the other goodies I bought over the years. Unfortunately I don't have the room and the cash for sophisticated displays or cabinets. But one day... one day I will release all of the boxed extravaganza and marvel at it's beauty!

I didn't get Grievous because I want to collect the 1.4scale lotr line. But my favorite dealer get's one Darth Vader 1/4scale and mayby that will push me to purchase the whole line.
I will display them on a shelf and just dust them off with some air and a brush.

Has anyone found many display cases that will fit Grievious? I am looking to get a display case for it and all the other Star Wars figures I have at this house. I have been searching for the last few days since I ordered it at Comic Con but cant find many that are deep enough, and now that I have it I think it would need to be a lil deeper the originally though.

Call casesforcollectibles and they can custom make any case.

They made my huge Star Wars PF case.

(link below)

Cases this size are not cheap though.

Good luck!

cfc is a great company.

Khev said:
Hey Gruson where did you get those tall black stands that your figures are displayed on? Same place?

Nope, they are custom made from a local guy who designs trade show furniture.

There are some pedestals on the Internet but shipping was a lot and I need mine specific sizes that companies did not carry.

i cant affford custom cases for any of my PF so i just religously clean them every weekend.i used compressed air to get the excess stuff off then i just wipe them off with very carefully with a clean rag and light dish detergent.

I think someone on the board got him to fit in a certain Ikea case but had to remove the 2 back sabers.

Which is pointless. He's my only SW PF not in my case (he's about 2" too deep) and I sure as hell wasn't going to remove his two back sabers. I really hope they keep depth in mind moving forward with PF's.

Back