I lost yet another Spike auction!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Well, again I'm left empty handed. I was bidding on Ebay for a human faced Spike loose with no box and missing one accessory. I was hoping that with those stikes against it, I could get it for a relatively modest sum. My highest bid was $75. The auction ended at nearly $94!!!:google

Currenly there are a couple of Spikes MIB that are going for over $300!:google

This is the SIXTH loose Spike to slip from my grasp. :horror

Looks like I'm going to have to miss a mortgage payment to obtain one of these guys.

I also NEED a Vampire Angel, but I don't ever see any of those loose. And to think I was actually AT that SDCC con! :monkey4

Any chance, that the new Angel line will make either figure and put me out of my misery?

I didn't think so.:monkey2

Actually I'm sure another Spike and vamp versions will probably appear. The reason for this thought is the obvious popularity for a standard Spike figure and now with the newer different size bodies possibly slighty smaller than Angel for scale. Angel is obviously a repeat but a new sculpt is welcome and I think Spike will fare the same. As far as Vamp versions, I think definately since the Angel show had different vamp make-ups than Buffy.

Protozaius said:
Well, again I'm left empty handed. I was bidding on Ebay for a human faced Spike loose with no box and missing one accessory. I was hoping that with those stikes against it, I could get it for a relatively modest sum. My highest bid was $75. The auction ended at nearly $94!!!:google

Currenly there are a couple of Spikes MIB that are going for over $300!:google

This is the SIXTH loose Spike to slip from my grasp. :horror

Looks like I'm going to have to miss a mortgage payment to obtain one of these guys.

I also NEED a Vampire Angel, but I don't ever see any of those loose. And to think I was actually AT that SDCC con! :monkey4

Any chance, that the new Angel line will make either figure and put me out of my misery?

I didn't think so.:monkey2

Re: Spike: Keep looking, search eBay for Sideshow Spike, not Sideshow Human Spike and sometimes one will come up you can get for under $135

As far as SDCC Vamp Angel, much rougher ride as they were limited to 1000

Good luck, if persistent you will eventually get what you need!

I'd say a vamp version of Angel is a lock to show up in the Angel line. A human Spike, I'm not so sure, but I hope so. Maybe they'll make Spike from Smile Time and give him a wee little puppet man to fight with.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'd say a vamp version of Angel is a lock to show up in the Angel line. A human Spike, I'm not so sure, but I hope so. Maybe they'll make Spike from Smile Time and give him a wee little puppet man to fight with.

I want a "wee little puppet man"!

I'm guessing they'll definitely be another vamp Angel for the Angel line and probably a Spike too - maybe from that submarine episode so as to be different than the other figures released so far.

Last edited:
TheObsoleteMan said:

That sounds like a great SDCC option! I won't let another Buffy SDCC figure get away again!

Insane.. I guess it was early last year that I won Spike, Angel, and Buffy all MIB 12" figs for 60$
How times change!

I ended up getting on the waiting list for Vamp Angel and got to purchase that through Sideshow.

I gave up on spike along time ago.
I dont really like spike though so vamp and subway is enough for me

Wow $300! And to think I bought mine for $35. It always pays to keep track of what figures are about to completely sell out, which is when you should jump on the few that are remaining for decent prices. I screwed up and let Dragon's Sgt. Jones slip away before I knew it. He's going for just above $100 now. But learned my lesson and just today I received my Extra Salty R. Lee Ermey for $40 when he's going for $70 on ebay. I hope you have better luck Protozaius, I do think there is a strong chance that we might see human Spike in the Angel line.

Protozaius said:
Thanks for the tip... I don't know how I missed that one. I will keep an eye on it. :D

Though, you should have sent me a PM about the auction... now the WHOLE SS freaks board knows it's there! :horror

I call DIBS!!! :eek:

Sorry, I'm still a thumbsucking newbie on this board, will def do that next time, thought the thread might be cool with it, item sold for $100

pjam said:
Sorry, I'm still a thumbsucking newbie on this board, will def do that next time, thought the thread might be cool with it, item sold for $100

Yeah, I know... I bid $97. So close and yet so far. :google

So... was it ANYONE here at the boards that outbid me? SPEAK UP!!! You can be honest without fear of reprisal. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Oh sure... go ahead... STAY anonymous.:rolleyes:

Remember, I did call DIBS!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I hate to appear to be whining but... I lost YET another Spike auction!:monkey2 :monkey2

This time the Ebay listing didn't mention Sideshow or Buffy (just BTVS) in the title so I was hoping that item would drop under the radar of most searches. It was a Spike in box and it went for $232.50. A bargain, if you look at similiar auctions properly listed but getting way out of my price range ($150-175). Even THAT (with all of the 12" Star Wars figures getting ready for their invasion) is pushing it. I think I'll wait for more loose (no Box) auctions. I might get lucky and nab one without all of the accessories... for no other reason but to LOWER THE PRICE!!!

I might just have to wait for another Spike in the Angel line.:monkey1

It isn't for want of trying that you have missed out, unfortunately, time and time again. Bad timing to try to pick one up at the moment. I reckon there is something odd happening with Spike. Many auctions have been purchased by the same buyer. That was a while ago, haven't been keeping an eye on Spike for yonks.

The Red Baron was a grail piece for me, and with the inflated price point, I let it lapse. Now Sideshow has an even better Red Baron, and the other ones price has dropped. Hopefully, for you, Sideshow may release another human Spike, and pull the chair out from under the inflated prices. Some may not want this to happen. Too bad for those if it does.

Hang in there Proto, the cloud may yet reveal its silver lining unto you.

Thanks for your words of sympathy, Creecher....

I try to keep it all in perpective. In the end, Spike or no Spike, I have enough fun and interesting wonderful items in my collection to keep me happy for many years to come. Who knows what the future holds for the Buffy and the newly christened Angel lines.

Besides... I need only to wait for thamesvalidude's daughter to grow up so I can offer her a reasonable amount for her whole Buffy lot! :monkey3

Back