Macbook Pro screen repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm FUMING right about now..... I was sitting on my couch with my laptop on my lap. I leaned forward and the laptop slid down and the back of the screen hit the corner of the coffee table..... And this is what happened:

photo-2.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So my question is, where can I get this fixed (it's out of warranty) and how much would it cost? :monkey2

That's what I was afraid of..... I knew I was going to eventually sell this to upgrade to a new MBP, but now I'm not sure how much I'll get for this! :mad:

But it's loaded with the Adobe CS4 Master Collection, Logic Pro 7, Ableton Live 7, upgraded Hard Drive (500GB) and 6 GB of Ram..... A beast of a machine, but now a busted screen..... :(

Sucks to hear that man. I'm sure you paid a good amount for it too. Hope Apple doesnt bend you over a barrel to get it fixed.

Warranty?

Nope.... No warranty or insurance :slap

But this is what someone posted over at the Apple forums:

"The fact that it's out of warranty doesn't matter; the warranty wouldn't have covered your user-caused accidental damage anyway. Take it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for a repair estimate. The cost will probably be north of $700 if they do it in house, as the entire upper portion of the machine will have to be replaced. Ask whether it could be done for less if the MBP were shipped to an Apple centralized repair depot — I know that's an option with Powerbooks, and for your sake I hope it is with MBPs too. Good luck."

www.ifixit.com

Check to see if they have replacement screens for sale. I spilled water in my old Macbook, and had to replace the screen and inverter on it....bought both parts from here and used their free repair instructions to fix it myself. Also useful for general upgrades like hard drives and memory.

www.ifixit.com

Check to see if they have replacement screens for sale. I spilled water in my old Macbook, and had to replace the screen and inverter on it....bought both parts from here and used their free repair instructions to fix it myself. Also useful for general upgrades like hard drives and memory.

Thanks man!!!!

They actually do have a 15" screen for sale, for $229...... However they say the install difficulty is VERY DIFFICULT..... :pfft:

https://www.ifixit.com/MacBook-Parts/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Models-A1226-A1260-LCD-Panel/IF185-004-1

Back