Qui-Gon + George Washington = Same Hairstylist?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not liking the bumps on the sides of the noggin. Looks like he's wearing a powdered wig from the 18th century...

I know that it's due to the ears underneath but it probably would have been a good idea to have eliminated the ears on the headsculpt and allowed the hair piece to lay flat on the sides of the head.

Figure is still "head and shoulders" above Hasbro's rendition. i just hope Sideshow uses a taller body as well.

It looks a little different but I don't think they could go with it the other way and it look that great either.

i agree Fly. i trust SS will fix that because they have eyes too and SURELY they see that it looks like a wig....right?

Sachiel said:
Probably another bad photoshop victim?

Agreed. I think it is a victim of the blue screen, green screen, whatever syndrome, and hope that is indeed the case.

Still, it allows Sideshow to pinpoint the areas of concern. If it isn't a photo illusion. Maybe the need isn't for the ears to lay flatter, but the hairpiece at the back of the head to flair wider. I did a rough colour in, to try to convey my meaning.

Last edited:
For most of the figures the seperate hair works really well, but for Qui-Gon I don't really think it was necessary. A fully sculpted head with a extension would have worked better I think.

Wow, now that you guys mentioned it, the hair on the sides of his head really do need to be fixed. It would be great if the sides of head could look more like this:
280pxquigoncloseup2yl.jpg

Maybe making it a little thicker on top would help?

Nice Tom. If he ever gets tired of fighting Sith he could always tryout for his local wrestling team.

The picture of Qui-George is hilarious. I would think sculpting hair is so extremely difficult. Whoever gets to sculpt Maul is probably thinking "Whew, no hair!!!!"

JohnyBoo said:
The picture of Qui-George is hilarious. I would think sculpting hair is so extremely difficult. Whoever gets to sculpt Maul is probably thinking "Whew, no hair!!!!"

Yea, but people will be picking the horns to pieces instead of hair.

JohnyBoo said:

LOL

EVILFACE said:
Yea, but people will be picking the horns to pieces instead of hair.

Probably:monkey5

Keep in mind that tis is just a prototype. Just as with Luke, the final product will look a bit different. I think they will have worked out the hair not lying flush with the head issue by then. If not, hey, you can always remove the hair and sand down the piece enough so that it lies flush.

I know, most of you are saying, "But at these prices, we shouldn't HAVE to fix it." I agree, but the fixing is part of playtime fun for me. Even perfect figures have SOMETHING I could fix. :D

I gotta say the hair does bug me, not enough to not get and love the figure of course. But I do hope sideshow fixes it or makes it look more natural, but its not too big of a deal to me. The other thing about the hair is that the hairline looks a bit like a wig or something to me, but that could be the lighting, photography, or an optical illusion caused by some mixture of the two and it being viewed on a computer screen.

On an unrelated note...a Diamonds are Forever Connery with hair that looks like a wig...that'd just be funny.

I was looking at the photos again, and I notice that in the reference shots, his hair poofs out a bit all over his head. So basically, the part that poofs around his ears on the 1/6 figure is correct, but the top part is currently lying too flat. I think if they made all of his hair the same thickness, as it is over his ears, it would look better and not so much plugged into his scalp. Remember how Anakin's hair piece is separate, but he has much thicker, taller hair. I think thickening QuiGon's piece would help in this regard.

Notice how there is an average thickness all over his head and not just over the ears?
280pxquigoncloseup2yl.jpg

So what do you guys think? I thickened his hair and darkened his beard a tad bit.

faneditcomparison8cd.jpg

Here's a pic showing that his hair spread out more than what is depicted on the current QuiGon sculpt:

webring.jpg

Back