My RAH Jedi Luke Is Looking BLUE. Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, this is kinda odd. I pulled my Medicom RAH Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker out of storage last night in preparation to display him next to his Sideshow counterpart in (optimistically) a few days.

His head was blue. I pulled him out of the box and wiped his face with my finger. It was like his head was coated with a diluted blue ink! Luckilly, it all wiped away with only a little bit of effort... but what the @!#$%???

The head is still kinda greasy. Now, I only took him out of his original packaging ONCE... did NOT dip him in ink... then put him back in his box and put the box in a dark closet. I have no clue what's going on here. Anyone have any thoughts?

- J!

I would be a little blue myself if somebody came out with a superior version of me at a third of the price! I expect that this will be a common occurence in the Medicom Lukes who know that they will be displayed near the Sideshow version. :naughty

Is their a drastic temperature difference where you store your figures? Like an exposed attic? Maybe it was frost, from getting the cold shoulder. Sounds really weird though!

Nope - my storage closet is in my bedroom hallway. And although it's been a bit chilly these past few nights here in Los Angeles, I wouldn't go so far as to say Luke's getting frostbite. ;)

If he continues to ooze, I'll post a picture before wiping him down again.

- J!

nope mine is fine. that stinks man. mine's been on the shelf displayed since i got him.i must say i do like him, hopefully the SS wont be so great that i have to box him up and sell him.

Could be the plastic reacting to chemicals in the air, "but don't take my word for it." Also, anyone have pics?

I've heard about this happening to others too, some had the blue film when they first got them in the mail. Reportedly, the blue film wiped off with no lasting effects.

My Medicom Luke did the same thing after I stored him in his box for a couple of months. I cleaned him up with a bit of Formula 409 on a Q-tip and now keep him out on a shelf and he's been fine for months. Either it has something to do with the box (or plastic insert) or some mold releasing agent seeping out. Mine's been fine now that he is in the open air. I left Vader out of the box just to be safe too...

Yes, this is a known issue.
lukegreen.jpg

Fortunate that it can be washed. Some of my friends have tried to pull his head out and wash it under water.

Now imagine the above photo except there is greasy blue ink in every crease on his face and a big drop hanging off the bottom of his chin. That's the sight that greeted me when I looked thought the front of the window box last night!

I'm thinking it has something to do with the plastic clamshell he's packed in. Maybe there's some kind of oil in there that the figure reacts badly to (if so, I feel terrible for MIMB collectors!!)

My Vader is fine under his helmet but then again, he's been out of his package since day one.

- J!

He's melting because you paid so much and then stuck him in your closet!

Let this be a lesson to all you MIBers: your toys want to be free!!!

I have moved my Medi-Vader into the living room to stand by himself in front of the MR FX.

Back