eBooks outsell real books at Amazon for the first time ever!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
That's right, for the first time in history, eBooks for the Amazon Kindle have outsold real books. Amazon has been selling books for about 15 years, and only eBooks for the Kindle for about 3 years, yet in the last quarter, they have been selling about 180 eBooks for every 100 real books sold! The beloved book is about to become extinct... along with magazines, newspapers, and just about every other form of physical paper reading material! :slap

I'll always buy actual books. I think eBooks are good if you're on the go, but I prefer to sit down and turn actual pages.

I'll always buy actual books. I think eBooks are good if you're on the go, but I prefer to sit down and turn actual pages.

I'm with you! I just can't get into reading a book on a screen. I love being able to take a book anywhere and read it any time.

I love to read on my Ipad... it is amazing... but some books you cannot find in e-book form... also... I hate paying the same price for an e-book as a regular book.. Just like I won't be buying digital comics until they come down on the price... I really won't be buying certain e-books until the price drops..

:lecture:lecture Yeah. I prefer actual books, but I have been ramping up my reading on the iPad. I personally doubt physical books will ever be vanquished, I definitely see the appeal for ebooks.

it'll be just like music for me.
The favorites are still bought in physical form while rest are bought digitally.
I didnt like the idea at first, but I love it now.

You hoarders just cant deal with the loss of your clutter :lol

This doesn't surprise me at all. I have bought six books for my kindle app on the iTouch in the last three weeks or so. I am on summer break, so I have alot more reading time, but I don't see me buying hard copies anymore unless I have to.

It is way more convenient, you already have a booklight so you can lay in bed and read while the Mrs. sleeps, and you can take it anywhere you go easily.

Reading on a computer screen for the rest of your life will ruin your eyes.

I used to think that as well.
20yrs later of staring at a computer screen for 8-10hrs a day im still 20/20 ....

I also collect books, and that's something I won't stop doing anytime soon.

I have to admit that iBooks looks great. I downloaded it onto my iPhone since it was free. And the free copy of Winnie the Pooh was nice. :)

I'm not surprised to hear it.
Every day working at amazon, I see fewer and fewer books and more toys (especially sex-toys :gah: ), games, and household stuff.
God, the WORST thing we carry (IMO) is food. I mean seriously? people don't wanna be bothered with buying their chocolate bars (or whatever) from the grocery store and would rather buy from Amazon that has it all sit in a warehouse at over 100deg f. ?
Also.. our amount of employee theft would drop dramatically if the beef jerky and _____ enhancement pills were not stocked. (aside from video games, those are our two most stolen items)

I have to admit that iBooks looks great. I downloaded it onto my iPhone since it was free. And the free copy of Winnie the Pooh was nice. :)

How is Winnie the Pooh?? I just heard the other day that it was free, and that the drawings in it are supposed to be really clear.

That's right, for the first time in history, eBooks for the Amazon Kindle have outsold real books. Amazon has been selling books for about 15 years, and only eBooks for the Kindle for about 3 years, yet in the last quarter, they have been selling about 180 eBooks for every 100 real books sold! The beloved book is about to become extinct... along with magazines, newspapers, and just about every other form of physical paper reading material! :slap

HUMAN FAIL :slap

Il stick to the real books. You know, the ones you don't have to recharge or worry about breaking every time you mishandle your backpack.

i would like to see all books come with an ebook version... the best of both worlds.

Back