Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score

A promo for SHERLOCK is now making the rounds via BleedingCool and LiveForFilms.

This one's from current DOCTOR WHO overlord Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss (THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMAN, DOCTOW WHO). If I understand SHERLOCK's conceit correctly, this essentially resets Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's SHERLOCK HOLMES into our modern world.

While admittedly inconsistent, I've enjoyed the hell out of the most reason batch of DOCTOR WHO episodes (the first series/season under Moffat's stewardship) - a strange, diverse, touching, and rousing lot of episodes they were. On the whole, it was some of the finest episodic television I've seen in a while. Given Moffat and Gatiss' sensibilities, SHERLOCK could end up being quite a bit of fun.

The first of three 90 minute installments will air July 25 on BBC 1 and BBC HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to me. Both Saya and I enjoy the Dr who and other bbc shows.

Hope this makes it to BBA America. It looks really good. My wife and I love most BBC imaginings of stuff like this. Jekyl was a really cool way to bring the story up to date. We also liked Survivors.

Hope this makes it to BBA America. It looks really good. My wife and I love most BBC imaginings of stuff like this. Jekyl was a really cool way to bring the story up to date. We also liked Survivors.

Just checked, it's supposed to be showing on PBS with Masterpiece Mystery, no word on when though, but it won't be this Sunday, might not be for a bit.

FFS, this definitely deserves a bump! Awesome, awesome show! Can't wait for the next 3 eps next year :rock

I hate to say this due to The Entity's obvious love for this show, but I found it a little generic and often silly. The first thing that really struck me as absurd was the use of ''RACHE'' in the first episode when they changed the plot of 'A Study In Scarlet' to not be about ''rache'', revenge. The villain was being payed to kill, he was not getting revenge on Danites who ruined his life.

I enjoyed the first three episodes. Smart and well thought out. Can't wait for the follow ups.

Not sure I was that impressed with their choice for Moriarty. Lots of build up for a less than stellar performance. I had the feeling they wanted him to be demented but also somewhat funny, but I didn't think he was.

I hope headplay or iminime or whoever makes custom head sculpts come up with a 1:6th hs of Sherlock and Watson. A fantastic series, cant wait for the next three episodes!

A really great way of reimagining the holmes mythos...

So, who's seen the second season?

I've just seen "A scandal in Belgravia" and it was really awesome. The editing was fabulous and theirtake on Irene Adler really original!

I'm going slowly as 3 episodes is not much, but I can't wait to watch "The hound of Baskerville" next week!

2nd season is excellent. i ordred s1 on bluray after seeing "A scandal in Belgravia". I dont want to say to much but the final episode is very very good!

Ive seen all Seasons, downloaded he HDTV rips the day fater they aired it... really liked it.

Cant wait for Season 3 as the season, like the previous one, ends on a cliffhanger

Found these on Netflix a few weeks ago. Awesome show. I ordered the Bluray set. Doesn't air in America until May. Bummer. Can't wait! Love the modern settings. Episode 3 was my favorite so far. The chemistry between Holmes and Watson is perfect and I love all of the allusions to the books/stories.

Just finished watching the three season 2 episodes and they are fantastic. Hounds of Baskerville was good, but not as good as the other episodes. The ONLY thing bad about this show is that there are only 3 episode season :monkey2

So, who's seen the second season?

I've just seen "A scandal in Belgravia" and it was really awesome. The editing was fabulous and theirtake on Irene Adler really original!

I'm going slowly as 3 episodes is not much, but I can't wait to watch "The hound of Baskerville" next week!

Watched all three the same Sundays they premiered a few weeks back. Truly the best television we'll see alll year and I love it that we're only a month in. All three episodes killed, just killed. Brilliant writing and character development and I have to say as much as I love Doctor Who, Moffat put what he does on that series to shame with these three episodes of Sherlock. Haunting, shocking, and powerfully emotional, the final 10 minutes of series/season 2 make me realize that this series and cast are truly the be all, end all here.

The waiting game for what comes next is too damn much to bear.

I disliked the way Adler lost in 'Scandal In Belgravia', personally. I would not care so much but the makers of the show stated that it is too early to make Sherlock lose. 'A Scandal In Bohemia', the story in which it was based on, featured Sherlock being outsmarted by Irene ''The Woman'' Adler and it was only the third Sherlock Holmes story written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! The wonderful series with Jeremy Brett STARTED on the same story and it was by far the best Holmes serious ever made. The fourth episode of 'Sherlock' is not too early for Holmes to fail.

The story it was based on was wonderful because Holmes always underestimates women, and having a woman outsmart him was a great move on Doyle's part, as it pretty much caused Holmes to eat his words and declare Adler ''The Woman''. In fact, he is pretty much head-over-heals in love with her due to her intellect. Not that Holmes truly shows it normally.

Again, not impressed. :impatient:

Back