The Horror

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was the sight that greeted me when I opened my daughter's bedroom door this morning. :horror
View attachment 722

She gets a standard edition Buffy figure when I get an exclusive....and then she uses them as Barbie dolls.....aaaarrrghhhh.:banghead :taz :tap :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Suitable punishmentsplease!!!!!

This is obviously the parents fault. They should get her Barbies until she learns to appreciate what she has. Maybe even get her Chrissy dolls, or some such other lesser figurine. What do they have these days, Brats or some such. Show her where the brick wall is, and she can take up a position next to yours, with which to bang her head. Once the sense is knocked into her, she can then aquire Sideshow figures, but she will not be allowed to open them, only display them in the box, until she turns 18 or gets her own job, depending on her decline or salvation from the evil wanton collector influenced father, who has lost his perspective after suffering from the lack of a Giles figure to placate his growing twist into unreality.

Actually she ought to be congratulated. I think that is a scene from episode six, season two, act 5.

thats funny dude !!!! Do you always buy 2 version of each figures ..one for you, the other for your daughter?

thamesvalidude said:
Suitable punishmentsplease!!!!!
you mean suitable punishment for you for giving something you dont want messed up to a child to play with? :D

.. but IMO, who cares?
your daughter having fun playing = priceless

LOL - this reminds me of my daughter - who I also buy a regular version for. Now, this was a couple of years ago so hopefully she's not still doing this but here's what happened. Her Graduation Day Buffy's leg fell off, which I thought was weird and asked her if she was playing rough with the figures. She was quite indignant at the question and assured me she was very careful with her figures. So, the next day she is sitting on the couch next to me with her Spike figure and she says "Look how flexible Spike is!!" She then takes both of his legs and forces them up behind his ears!!:horror
Hmm, I wonder how Buffy's leg broke off!! :tap She was about 14 then and takes much better care of them now (me having a fit after seeing how flexible Spike was probably had something to do with it!).

How'd you get Darla so quick? And that pile actually looks kinda like my collection...​

what an unsightly sight! Poor Darla too, shes so rare a collectible, but in that mess...

I say take em away and give her some Bratz or something. See how long it is until she longs for her 'old ones' back.
Then I hink she might appreciate the quality of sideshow. Or maybe just have a talk anout how theyre alittle different than barbies and all that.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, for once the UK scored first in getting Darla...strange but true.
Shai, yes I always get my daughter a regular edition of the Buffy humans and girly vamps...the master, spike and Angel vamps are my son's and he freaked when he saw that pile. Seems she "borrowed" the figures from his room without permission.

When she gets home from hospital I'm sure she'll forgive him.

(Only joking!!!)

Oh well as long as she has fun and doesn't borrow any of mine!:horror

Oh yes..she will get a Giles I guess....if one ever appears!

It's a sad day in my collecting life when I'm actually envious of such a "spread".

Don't tell me that there is a human faced Spike in that pile?:horror

Was just at Wizardworld LA and saw only one human Spike -$225! Same dealer had Vamp Angel for $250.

Yep, thats the two I need... and it would only cost me nearly half of a grand to get them!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

thamesvalidude said:
View attachment 728
And tragically Protozaius, there IS a human spike in there!

At least she's tidied up!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now, that looks more like my daughter's display!!

And yes, girls do love to play with their dolls! I would have loved to have had a collection like this when I was a kid and I would have played with them too! I was a huge fan of the Bionic Woman when I was a kid and had that doll but it was no where near as nice as these Sideshow figures.

thamesvalidude said:
View attachment 728
And tragically Protozaius, there IS a human spike in there!

At least she's tidied up!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm glad she seems to be enjoying those Buffy figures... some of which have become VERY expensive in the secondary market, as I have recently found out. :google

My son has a similar collection of SS Ape figures of his own. Oh yeah, like THAT is any real shock to anybody! :monkey3

Back