My custom Commando SNAKE-EYES ('82 ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

die

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure SS will make one eventually, but this has been an on again-off again project of mine for years now. Here's how he's lookin' now:

snakey1.jpg

snakey2.jpg

snakey3.jpg

Also have a custom unmasked head for him that I'm working on.

Why would Snakes have a nitro explosive strapped to his leg? One shot from say... a Cobra Sniper :lol would blow him to kingdom come. Also "Commando" Snakes didn't have a sword.

Why would Snakes have a nitro explosive strapped to his leg? One shot from say... a Cobra Sniper :lol would blow him to kingdom come. Also "Commando" Snakes didn't have a sword.

Uh oh, somebody's feeling inadequate again. :nana:

I could've sworn the OG figure had the same thing on his leg. :lol

Only way Snake-Eyes could get shot is if he wanted to get shot.

oh and as for the sword, I'm guessing you never read the comics?

To be fair, he was right about that. Snake Eyes' origin was hinted at but we never saw him with a sword in his Commando get-up.

The '82 "Commando" figure did not come with the sword.

snakeeyes.jpg

We are getting down and nerdy here!!!

To be fair, he was right about that. Snake Eyes' origin was hinted at but we never saw him with a sword in his Commando get-up.

We find out early on that SE is a Arishikage ninja when it shows flashbacks of him training.

This actually looks just like the sword I used!
gijoe21interior.jpg

:rotfl

Not sure if you wanna count the re-issue of that comic, but you definitely see classic commando SE with a sword...

https://www.yojoe.com/comics/hasbrofullsize/comicpack21bcomicl.shtml

The '82 "Commando" figure did not come with the sword.

Yeah, I know...that's why I never said he did. The figure also didn't come with an unmasked head, but nobody's disputing that. They didn't show SE's actual unmasked face until many years later.

I guess you're still trying to save face for the "explosives on the leg" comment and all, but I really see nothing wrong with adding elements from the comics. Goggled SE is known as 82 ver. and Visored SE is known as 85 ver., even Sideshow didn't follow the 85 figure exactly as it was. Geeeshh! Are you that guy from Big Bang Theory? :lol

We are getting down and nerdy here!!!

We find out early on that SE is a Arishikage ninja when it shows flashbacks of him training.
gijoe21interior.jpg

This actually looks just like the sword I used!

:rotfl

Nobody's debating his origin, just the fact that he didn't come with a sword.

Not sure if you wanna count the re-issue of that comic, but you definitely see classic commando SE with a sword...

https://www.yojoe.com/comics/hasbrofullsize/comicpack21bcomicl.shtml

Not a reissue, but a non-canonical release to coincide with the figures in that box. ;)

Yeah, I know...that's why I never said he did. The figure also didn't come with an unmasked head, but nobody's disputing that. They didn't show SE's actual unmasked face until many years later.

I guess you're still trying to save face for the "explosives on the leg" comment and all, but I really see nothing wrong with adding elements from the comics. Goggled SE is known as 82 ver. and Visored SE is known as 85 ver., even Sideshow didn't follow the 85 figure exactly as it was. Geeeshh! Are you that guy from Big Bang Theory? :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl That's exactly what he's trying to do. Don't read anything more into it than that.

82 Snake-Eyes = the SE with goggles, whether it be figure, comic, cartoon, coloring book, books on tape, etc.

I never said I'm making an EXACT replica of the 3 3/4 figure, otherwise you should question where the detonator pack is and why I'm making an unmasked sculpt for him.

Geesh, can we keep our Gi Joe free from the Star Wars uberfan mentality? :panic:

Nobody's debating his origin, just the fact that he didn't come with a sword.

I'm guessing "Wording is Half the Battle"? I don't even know what the argument is there.:dunno

You do understand that my referencing the comic to that guy was because it wasn't like Snake-Eyes was a Commando and then trained as a ninja and started wearing the ninja gear. Maybe, a person who didn't follow the comics would be confused. Get it?

Not a reissue, but a non-canonical release to coincide with the figures in that box.

WROOONGG!! THEY DIDN'T COME IN A BOX, THEY WERE CARDED, HA!!!!

don't you hate that?

I know I do:slap

I own Silent Interlude and Silence Between Borders. Of course, if Larry Hama is linked to it, then you gotta consider it law whether you consider it to be a re-telling, re-invented, re-issued, re-hashed, etc. Either way, we see a sword in classic commando SE's hands in both.:exactly:

Again, wording is half the battle?

Well, when you put 82' SE, people are going to assume you are refering to the classic figure, not part of the comic. Btw, in what issues did commando SE use a sword? No, seriously I cant remember.

82 Snake-Eyes = the SE with goggles, whether it be figure, comic, cartoon, coloring book, books on tape, etc.

I don't even know what that means. '82 Snake Eyes is the figure that came out in '82. :huh

I never said I'm making an EXACT replica of the 3 3/4 figure, otherwise you should question where the detonator pack is and why I'm making an unmasked sculpt for him.

Wrong Freak bud. That was kl241.

Geesh, can we keep our Gi Joe free from the Star Wars uberfan mentality? :panic:

See my statement above. :lol

I'm guessing "Wording is Half the Battle"? I don't even know what the argument is there.:dunno

You do understand that my referencing the comic to that guy was because it wasn't like Snake-Eyes was a Commando and then trained as a ninja and started wearing the ninja gear. Maybe, a person who didn't follow the comics would be confused. Get it?

Actually, you're wrong there. Figure came first. When he was released, he was nothing more than a martial arts trained commando and his file card stated nothing whatsoever about being a "ninja." Then came the comic later that year, which didn't even introduce Snake Eyes being a ninja until several issues into the series.

snakeyes.jpg

Snake Eyes is the code name of a member of the G.I. Joe team. Much of his history and information, including his real name, place of birth, as well as almost everything else about him, have remained classified throughout all depictions of his origin. All that is known for certain about his military standing is that he holds the rank of U.S. Army Sergeant First Class (E-7), has undergone Drill Sergeant training, and is a former U.S. Army Special Forces Delta Operator. He is also the team's resident hand to hand combat instructor. Very little else about his past has been revealed. He was originally billed by Hasbro Toys in 1982 as a Commando, but by 1984, in the pages of Marvel Comics, it became clear that he was also a full-fledged ninja master.

WROOONGG!! THEY DIDN'T COME IN A BOX, THEY WERE CARDED, HA!!!!

don't you hate that?

I know I do:slap

I own Silent Interlude and Silence Between Borders. Of course, if Larry Hama is linked to it, then you gotta consider it law whether you consider it to be a re-telling, re-invented, re-issued, re-hashed, etc. Either way, we see a sword in classic commando SE's hands in both.:exactly:

And again, that doesn't mean he's a ninja just because we "see a sword in Commando SE's hand." Quick Kick also had a sword. So did Ver.2 Destro (Iron Grenader). That make them ninjas too? The "carded" toys you referenced wouldn't even be considered '82 Snake Eyes as it was released over a quarter of a century later well after the franchise had been bastardized by DDP. ;)

Again, wording is half the battle?

Wrong. Knowing is half the battle and I'd say at this point, it's quite clear you don't. :nana:

For the record, I never said anything negative about your custom, nor was/is my intent to attack it. So if you think that's what I'm trying to do, again, you have the wrong freak bud. I'm simply reaffirming the current topic of Snake Eyes original release not being a ninja.

Last edited:
I don't even know what that means. '82 Snake Eyes is the figure that came out in '82.

OMG. really? Like I said before it's just a way of telling people what version I was doing. People might refer to the Sideshow version as the '85 version, thats ok with me, I'm not transforming into an ____ supernerd and saying "No way, 85 Snake eyes didn't come with Solid Snake's handgun!!!!!" Call, it "1st version, goggled version, pre-blinded visor, etc. " Tell me what you like and I'll get the mods to edit it so you can sleep tonight.

Wrong Freak bud. That was kl241.

Hey, you were talking about the sword issue, like I said...

Actually, you're wrong there. Figure came first. When he was released, he was nothing more than a martial arts trained commando and his file card stated nothing whatsoever about being a "ninja." Then came the comic later that year, which didn't even introduce Snake Eyes being a ninja until several issues into the series.

Again, ubernerdness rears it's ugly head.

THAT'S WHY I MENTIONED THE COMICS TO THAT GUY AND ALSO WHY I SAID I WASN'T TRYING TO RECREATE THE 3 3/4 SNAKE-EYES FIGURE PERFECTLY

While you spent all that time Googling, you should've read the card...

"highly skilled in the use of edged weapons"

like...I don't know, maybe a boxcutter? or Lawnmower blade?

I'm guessing if I go by your '82 filecard theory, than a sword is now ok?

And again, that doesn't mean he's a ninja just because we "see a sword in Commando SE's hand." Quick Kick also had a sword. So did Ver.2 Destro (Iron Grenader). That make them ninjas too? The "carded" toys you referenced wouldn't even be considered '82 Snake Eyes as it was released over a quarter of a century later well after the franchise had been bastardized by DDP.

So, now you're backpeddling?

this is actually what you said:

So, I post 2 pics of SE with a sword and you can't accept it? Then you post a filecard to show he's trained in edged weapons. You still can't accept the fact that I've said I'm not creating an exact version of the 82 figure, that's it's just a way of describing the outfit he wore during that time frame.

Wrong. Knowing is half the battle and I'd say at this point, it's quite clear you don't.

and you should've executed a "Cobra Retreeeeat!!" at least one page ago.:lecture

For the record, I never said anything negative about your custom, nor was/is my intent to attack it. So if you think that's what I'm trying to do, again, you have the wrong freak bud. I'm simply reaffirming the current topic of Snake Eyes original release not being a ninja.

But you are the one swamp-skiing across this thread with ******-comments. If you still do not comprehend what I'm trying to get across to you, try this...

Where did I say that the original figure was a ninja?

Oh yeah, nevermind, cause I didn't.

Well, you stated the original Commando was a ninja right here:

In fact, that's EXACTLY what the character was and then had the back story added by Hama AFTER THE FACT. And because you're the one who's backpedaling and losing a debate about something you're completely ignorant about, you resort to childish name calling:

But you are the one swamp-skiing across this thread with ******-comments. If you still do not comprehend what I'm trying to get across to you, try this...

Oh yeah, nevermind, cause I didn't.

Okay. Well, let's talk about "****** comments." You want to accuse me of it, I'll earn it. I think your bash sucks ass and is less competent than a $15 Hasbro rehashed cash-in could look. Additionally I've seen better bashes from the cheapskates on Hissyfit.com Make ya feel better? Swamp-ski them apples, Mr. Joe "expert." :cuckoo:

Last edited:
In fact, that's EXACTLY what the character was and then had the back story added by Hama AFTER THE FACT. And because you're the one who's backpedaling and losing a debate about something you're completely ignorant about, you resort to childish name calling:

WRONG.

Your comprehension is just as busted as everything else about you.

Here's what I wrote:

MEANING: Snake-Eyes did not just become a ninja and then started wearing the blinded-visor and carrying the sword. He was already an Arishikage ninja when he wore the "Classic Commando SE" gear. Larry Hama wrote all of the filecards and Hama revealed SE to be a ninja in the comics. Since, SE was a ninja and he is "highly skilled in all edged weapons" according to the filecard you posted, there's nothing wrong with him using a sword. I never said the original figure had one, I know my Gi Joe without consulting with Google.

Okay. Well, let's talk about "****** comments." You want to accuse me of it, I'll earn it. I think your bash sucks ass and is less competent than a $15 Hasbro rehashed cash-in could look. Additionally I've seen better bashes from the cheapskates on Hissyfit.com Make ya feel better? Swamp-ski them apples, Mr. Joe "expert."

This truly breaks my heart :(:monkey2:(

:lol

Back