Wireless for Surround Sound Speakers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a cheap surround sound (home theater) system for a back-up to our good one (the sub needs a fix). I want to use the rear speakers but I am one of those "hide the wires" kind of people. I will not have wires running anywhere they can be seen. I would normally pull off the baseboards and run it under the wire BUT, the way our apt is set up, the baseboards will not come off.

I have heard there is a wireless unit you can get for speakers, but don't know if cheap ones can run on it too, or even what this wireless thing is.

Hoping friends here (who don't want to screw me for my money :naughty) could help better than someone who might just want to.

Well, they're not truly wireless. The rear speakers plug into a unit that receives a signal from a transmitter. The rear 'receiver' is also plugged into an outlet. So there are wires, just no wires coming from connections on the back of the amp/receiver.

I think there's also some sound setups that have the back speakers completely wireless, but I've only seen one like that so I couldn't say if they're good quality.

Sorry Buffygirl you lost me at "bought a cheap set as a back up to my nice set" concept, never heard of spending moola on "emergency speakers". :lol

KEF Universal wireless kit OR JBL On Air WEM-1.:yess:
I read that as KFC...This is what I need to look for? Thank you.

Sorry Buffygirl you lost me at "bought a cheap set as a back up to my nice set" concept, never heard of spending moola on "emergency speakers". :lol

When it comes to me and surround sound, I just have to have it. When I say cheap set, it was about $170. My sub alone on my good set is worth $300.00. Why didn't I just get it fixed you ask? Because I would rather have my dad do it (we both worked for Paradigm, where the speakers are from) and I want him to check it out before being charged for more than I need to be. Besides, we have a couple of rooms, can't have too much surround sound. :)

^Yes Buffy, "Sound and Vision" recommends these two options as the best. The cost wasn't too bad either with the second option being the cheapest. (sorry, i cannot remember exact cost. i belive the KEF option was $650? and the other was $250?) I will probably look into one of the options myself. These wires gotta go.;)

When it comes to me and surround sound, I just have to have it. When I say cheap set, it was about $170. My sub alone on my good set is worth $300.00. Why didn't I just get it fixed you ask? Because I would rather have my dad do it (we both worked for Paradigm, where the speakers are from) and I want him to check it out before being charged for more than I need to be. Besides, we have a couple of rooms, can't have too much surround sound. :)

That's awesome.

I have surround sound in three rooms (TV Room, Office, and Bedroom) and still have enough odds and ends to put together another 5.1 system including a receiver if I had to.

I have combination of both lol :)

central wich 3 speakers are connected with (also subwoofer) and 2 "wireless" speakers, but there is a wire for the electric

:lol i have some nice klisch speakers that i'm too lazy to hook up correctly. i use to go thru all the hassle of wiring, but the last reconfiguration i went through i just kinda gave up and haven't finished the rewiring.

Back