Jedi Luke PF review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Getting geeked for SDCC? I am! I'm looking forward to the show next week, and if you'll be in town for the show and want to have a beer, drop me an email and we'll see what we can do! And don't forget that I'll be giving away the Silver Surfer comiquette to one lucky Twitter follower on July 23rd - good luck!

Tonight's review is of the Sideshow exclusive Jedi Luke Skywalker premium format statue. This one has some interesting features that sets it apart from other PF's, but it has a few drawbacks too.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

3 and a half stars for a almost 300$ PF that the Saber don't fully light up? (3 max) I am a sucker for light up crap.

LOL

But solid despite this.

very nice review,,,still looking to pick this up and add to the other two lukes,,,but after darth talon,,,aurra singh,,, and cyborg maul,,,

Looks good... still don't dig the "creeper" pose he's in, but the piece looks really solid. I'm guessing once a ROTJ Vader is released his pose will make more sense.

Very good review. I do love the pose as well. Its different. Its seems a lot of figures or statues have the generic Attack Mode pose. Luke in this pose has that subtle calm and defensive anticipation of a strike from an enemy.

You nailed it also on the AC Adapter. This was my concern before I even bought this and I could have sworn in earlier threads that it was mentioned that it does indeed include an AC Adapter. When I first got this I was freaking out as I thought they forgot to include it in the box and had to come to this board to find out it doesnt include one.

I will admit, I was quite upset when I first received this as I was anticipating it to look like the banner in this forum, with his saber well lit. Mine was originally placed in the bottom of the detolf in the hallway so eventhough I have led lights installed, when the saber is turned off, you cant even tell its green. And with the lightsaber not fully lighting up...it just gives you the feeling of receiving a broken lightsaber and contemplated returning it.

I now have him place in a museum display case in the living room and its well lit so now I'm pretty happy and glad I didnt return it. Kinda hard when personally, my star wars grail was always a Jedi Luke.

My only gripe with your otherwise great review is the 3 stars given to the light up feature. The feature is so weak (worst PF saber execution to date that I'm aware of) that it might as well be non-existent.

They all work pretty much the same, and I also own Vader and Obi-Wan. Bright at the hilt and tip, some very dim light through the middle. I suspect the lighter green color doesn't help a whole lot, but this one is pretty much identical to the others.

Actually, now that I think abou it - it's Vader's that is pretty similar to Luke's in brightness throughout. Obi-Wan's blue saber did work pretty well...

I agree with the MC review mostly - especially the eyes....just getting tired of seeing every human PF having a really nice tan......they always seem way too dark as of late

Back