Who would Qui-Gon pose with?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Since Maul isn't out and the Obi-Wan and Anakin are the older versions, where would he go? I suppose next to Mace and Kit is the only answer. Does this tell us that Maul is next....? probably not.

I hope a Maul comes out soon to go with Qui-Gon. As far as variants throughout the series are concerned, I would take a Luke X-wing Pilot. As long as they make the most representative versions of these characters as they have been doing, I can safely say I wouldn't need alternate versions of any characters thus far.

I think of each figure as a display in of itself. It's only occasionally that I'll have them interacting in any way. So Qui-Gon having no fellow Ep I friends to hang with doesn't realy bug me.

Luke and Han go together. Mace and Kit go together. Anakin and Obi-Wan go together. Qui-Gon and Maul go together. Seeing how they like to release sets of related characters, I think that Maul will be next. It's that or Padawan Kenobi, and I just don't see that right now. Qui-Gon's companion piece will be Maul.

Or maybe not.

At this point, I definitely expect a Sith next, and any one of the four could be posed with the current Jedi lineup.

StarWars.com confirmed the Sith will be the next line months ago. When Obi-Wan went up for pre-order they said a Sith will be coming in the next few announcements. Well, its been a few announcements and we know they will be announcing a new line with the next figure. Sith is 99.9% confirmed.

I still think RotS Mace fight Palpatine will be first. Or Dooku. Palpatine would have Mace, Anakin, and Kit to go with and Dooku had Anakin and Obi-Wan (and Mace if you want it from AotC). Maul would only have Qui-gon to go with. I'm not saying it won't be Maul. I'd be pleased if it was Maul, but considering the 1/4's preventing certain versions of characters being made, I'd think the 1/1 busts would have a similar effect.

I think Qui-gon can be posed with anyone he wants to. He can be a spirit or just non-movie accurate. The pose of all 6 Jedi on the "mouth off and Win" page seems like a good set up to me. Its not movie accurate, but it looks cool.

I haven't really seen that SSC is interested in "companion pieces." Luke and Han are from different movies. Besides we didn't get Han till well after Luke, so it's hardly a ringing example of sequential pairing.

We've gotten:
1 Episode I fig
2 Episode II figs
4 Episode III figs (counting the two from II)
0 Episode IV figs
1 Episode V fig
1 Episode VI fig

I see very little in the way of rhyme and reason in the choices of figures, as all but one of these is a Jedi. It all seems relatively random to me. I think the next one is anyone's guess. There are no definites.

I think we only have one episode II figure (Mace) and two episode I figures (Mace again). Kit is from RotS. He is very different from AotC even though his exclusive accessory says otherwise.

If you take Han's Jacket off, you have Jabba's Palace Han Solo to pose with Luke, so in a way they could be from the same film. In a podcast it said they are doing companion pieces, hense by Obi-Wan came out after Anakin.

I am not really one for movie accurate displays. I tend to put groups together. Like on one shelf I will put all Jedi. Another Shelf all Sith and so on. So for me, Qui-Gon will be posted with Jedi Luke, Kit Fisto, Mace and Obi.

KitFisto said:
I am not really one for movie accurate displays. I tend to put groups together. Like on one shelf I will put all Jedi. Another Shelf all Sith and so on. So for me, Qui-Gon will be posted with Jedi Luke, Kit Fisto, Mace and Obi.

Yup, I'll have a shelf or two for each.

jlcmsu said:
Yup, I'll have a shelf or two for each.

Same here. Funny thing is I used to try to be movie accurate and would always end up with a grour of figures that went with NOTHING else LOL....that's why I gave it up.

Only thing I still have movie accurate is the LOTR busts. I have the fellowship all together and the rest in good guy/bad guy groups.

Yeah, same here. The displays I would try and set up as a kid would always look goofy in the end because I'd run out of the right people to put them with.

I've done that with my SSW statues. I've got a bookshelf full of Bad Guys basically minus a couple busts that I had to stick in there and a bookshelf full of the Fellowship members.

I'll stick him on a funeral pire and dress my Jedi with their hoods up to pay their respect.

im planning on having a shelf for all the jedi masters, a shelf for the sith lords, then a shelf for the others i pick up. i think all the jedi posed with either their hoods up or their ignited lightsabers would look cool.

This is a little weird, but i have them in chronological order. Episode I figs, followed by II, and so on. So my custom Aurra Sing begins the shelf, and custom Emperor Palpatine ends the shelf.

I put them in random groups... I have my Bonds in order of film... Jason as well... But with Star Wars I'll probably just have good and bad seperate, with the Jedi all together.

Though every now and again I like to shake it up and make a little funny diorama just to amuse myself.... being the deity that rules over my little SSC kingdom... :D

The pyre idea sounds fun... as does the eventual showdown display I'll eventually have... Obi and Qui-Gon versus Maul... Dooku versus Obi and Anakin... Obi versus Anakin... Vader and Emperor versus Luke... Jedi being mowed down by Clones... Fun times... :cool:

Back