Johnny Depps Signature Real or Fake?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrhertz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Everyone i am trying to find out if this is a real or fake signature from apperance. Its at a local memorabilia store and they claim thats its 100 % real and sell it that way with a certifcate of authenticity. Im just not sure and wondered if any bordies had a known real one to compare it to. Any input would be great...

You'd better ask lots of questions about how they got the autograph. Anyone can print up a CoA on their home computer. Also, you could check reputable sales sites online to get an idea of what Depp's auto looks like.

But yeah, ask about the origin, and if you feel its legit, go for it.

You'd better ask lots of questions about how they got the autograph. Anyone can print up a CoA on their home computer. Also, you could check reputable sales sites online to get an idea of what Depp's auto looks like.

But yeah, ask about the origin, and if you feel its legit, go for it.

Yeah thats the dilemma, i would like to get it but it is pricey and it would take time to save for it. If it is i dont want to miss out on it and if its not i dont want to get ripped. They claimed that it is genuine and they are a chain of stores that do alot of sporting memorabilia as well pretty much rite accross the board. i was hoping that someone had a real ridgy didge signature or if someone had a COA from the cinemaquette Jack Sparrow as i think his signature is on that. I have looked for his sig before but pretty much just ran around in circles... :slap

Make sure its a reputable COA company also. PM me if you want a real johnny depp I know a guy in San Francisco who sells top class Movie Memorabilia and its all real they actually get the stars in for signings etc

I'd be very cautious purchasing autographs from anybody regardless of COA. While there are reputable sellers out there, but there are alot of forgeries for bigger names whether a sports or movie star.

Like Sieg advised, do some investigating on where and when the autograph was signed and see if is PSA/DNA authenticated. Personally, I'd rather have an autograph done in person rather than wondering if the signature is real. If it's something that you can live with, then by all means make the purchase.

Cool nitro i will ask them if it is authenticated and in what way it would be great to get his autograph in person but i think in australia it would be highly unlikely that it happens. Also the actual framed piece itself would look awesome as a backdrop for when my premium format captain jack arrives.

Thanks matt85 interesting to know can he get stuff signed wth all the authentic jazz or its only what he sells as an option? Shipping on framed stuff to OZ i think would be a killer and its hard to decide to buy stuff like that when i cant physically see it and its on the other side of the world. :)

Here're a few of examples of PSA/DNA Authenticated Depp signatures. Take'em for what they're worth.

!BbI)w-!!mk~$(KGrHqIH-D4EquQtzigZBKulgILlwg~~_3.JPG

P1370775.jpg

P1280760.jpg

wow.... they are all ummmmm.... different.. thanks darth snoopy! the pic at the top has some similaritys to the pic that i took but still doesnt prove anything. Is the PNA/DNA standard a world wide thing?

I have a big auto collection and I'm pretty good at spotting authenticity.

It's my opinion that the picture you posted is not of a real autograph. The biggest giveaway is the vertical and horizontal lines in the J.

How much are they charging? You're better off trying to get a best offer out of a PSA or JSA one on ebay.

wow.... they are all ummmmm.... different.. thanks darth snoopy! the pic at the top has some similaritys to the pic that i took but still doesnt prove anything. Is the PNA/DNA standard a world wide thing?

You're welcome!

One needs to take in mind that sometimes actors/actresses are often in a hurry when asked for a autograph in public and not in a controlled environment. But you're right about the signatures not proving anything.

Not sure about the PSA/DNA being a worldwide standard...here's their website for more information.

Hope this helps! :D

Meh.

Only way to ever be 100% sure is to get it done in person. Which is surely what it is all about really anyway...right? This is just pen on paper.

Cool nitro i will ask them if it is authenticated and in what way it would be great to get his autograph in person but i think in australia it would be highly unlikely that it happens. Also the actual framed piece itself would look awesome as a backdrop for when my premium format captain jack arrives.

Thanks matt85 interesting to know can he get stuff signed wth all the authentic jazz or its only what he sells as an option? Shipping on framed stuff to OZ i think would be a killer and its hard to decide to buy stuff like that when i cant physically see it and its on the other side of the world. :)

Hi im in Newcastle Australia I will see if he has any Depp stuff and I wil send it to you .

One needs to take in mind that sometimes actors/actresses are often in a hurry when asked for a autograph in public and not in a controlled environment. But you're right about the signatures not proving anything.

This is true, but when I looked at it I already kept that in mind. Some things are constant about all Depp signatures (and pretty much ALL of them are rushed like the ones up top at this point in time), and one HUGE constant is that the horizontal line in the J does not ever squiggle down into a vertical one that runs parallel to the Ps in his last name.

Usually in signatures, the first letter is always the best thing to try to match up. Even on rushed sigs.

Back