I'm Going to Smach Vader!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
:horror

Just had a reply from Sideshow about my bad Vader:

We can offer the following returns/replacement options:

1) A refund of 25% of the cost of the figure, US $87.50

2) A new Darth Vader figure at 50% of the actual price- $175.00, this way the pristine piece is covered in the original charge and the damaged one, which you would keep, would be 50% off.
(VAT and freight apply to this option only as customs consider it a new purchase.)

3) And finally, we can issue a completely new piece, free of charge; however, we would need a picture showing the original figure destroyed (smashed).

I'm going to go with option 3! :horror

I'm scared! :sick

PsychoCenobite

PS. I'm almost tempted with option 2! :monkey1

I have to say this is alway hard to see someone do. When you see pictures of it all smashed into little pieces it just hurts.

Please, please, please, post the pictures of the destruction!!

I gotta see this thing go down! And don't just smash it, annihilate it. Smash it into pieces then gather them up and pound them into chunks and then grind them into dust. Take the fabric and set them afire. Then take the ashes from the fire and the dust from the plastic and mail it back to Sideshow in an enevelop. Except the head. Keep that as a souviner for your trouble.

That would be awesome!

jimmyjamesf said:
I have to say this is alway hard to see someone do. When you see pictures of it all smashed into little pieces it just hurts.

I'm scared! How can I defeat the Vader with a hammer! It's not right I tell you!!! :monkey2

PC :monkey5

Man..lolll thats crazy....think about the little kids in the world that are ''Vader starving'''.....

Whatever you do, take lots of pictures. Then share the pictures with us!

I suggest that you douse him with lighter fluid and set him on fire, then drop him flaming off the roof and into the path of an oncoming steamroller or marching band.

1. White paint or glue on left arm (I've tried to remove it with a wet finger but it's in the groves of the leather)
2. White raised dot (you can feel it with your finger as well as see it) on his 'cup' - Looks like it could be the same white paint or glue as on his arm (I've tried to get this off with a finger nail but no luck)
3. Scratches on both bases and a raised dot/bump - I don't know if I'm being picky here but I've heard people saying that they've had scratches and a lot saying theirs are perfect.
4. Mouse Droid seems to have a bad paint job on one side - in between the blocky bits - You can see copper or bronze metal
5. Chest panel is not in line - I'm not sure if this is a problem as he is standing at an angle but I've heard most are inline

Am I being to fussy? :sick

PsychoCenobite :monkey2

Like my girlfriend says if you are going to spend that kind of money on something it better be perfect. So with all that wrong with it I don't think its fussy.

Smash it! Smash it real good. :wacky

If you do post pictures, you may want to watermark them so someone doesn't copy them and try sending them to Sideshow to get another Vader.

PC,

Guess you must do what you gotta do.

I would have thought option 2 was the best.

The 50% off vader would only run to about £135 all in & from what you say, the issues you have appear minor (admittedly I've not seen it).

You could always sell the sale vader for more than 50% off, I would have thought. I had some glue on the arm of my vader & some white stuff, but I think it was just some of the wrapping paper stuck to a bit of glue - I rubbed mine off.

Pics please if you do go with option 3.

White paint:
whitepaint8mj.jpg

Not sure if this is a problem - Bad join:
mask6wg.jpg

Good side of the Mouse:
mousebetter0xf.jpg

Bad side - Patchy and you can see the copper colour:
mousebad0bm.jpg

Skratches:
base5sb.jpg

mousebase1up.jpg

vader4ng.jpg

Smash it but keep the cape and the lightsaber and make some sort of display with it heck keep the head also.

Thanks for Pics PC,

Bases seem a bit scratched & really don't like the look of the join on the helmet on close-up. Having said that, the overall shot from a distance looks OK.

Not sure about the "white paint", the fact that it's in the same place as mine was might suggest it will come of with some more rubbing with a damp finger.

If it was mine, i'd probably keep it on balance for £135, but I'm a sucker for a deal. 1 to display & 1 to keep mint?.

PsychoCenobite said:
1. White paint or glue on left arm (I've tried to remove it with a wet finger but it's in the groves of the leather)
2. White raised dot (you can feel it with your finger as well as see it) on his 'cup' - Looks like it could be the same white paint or glue as on his arm (I've tried to get this off with a finger nail but no luck)
3. Scratches on both bases and a raised dot/bump - I don't know if I'm being picky here but I've heard people saying that they've had scratches and a lot saying theirs are perfect.
4. Mouse Droid seems to have a bad paint job on one side - in between the blocky bits - You can see copper or bronze metal
5. Chest panel is not in line - I'm not sure if this is a problem as he is standing at an angle but I've heard most are inline

Am I being to fussy? :sick

I would have to say, that by what you have descibed...yeah...maybe a little.
But, for the price they charged for this..I don't blame you.

tomandshell said:
I suggest that you douse him with lighter fluid and set him on fireQUOTE]

Good idea and make a funeral pyre like in ROTJ.And take some pics of that.

Back