Will you display them with your hasbros?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
For people who have a 1/6 hasbro collection, are you going to display the sideshow star wars with the hasbro ones? At first I wasn't going to, but due to space I think I will.

YOU SHOULD SELL THOSE HASBRO FIGURES IMO..AT least the ones that Sideshow are doing..then you wont have problems to display.

It really depends on the Hasbro figures themselves. Will they feel inferior standing next to or near a Sideshow figure, particularly if it's an "exclusive" figure? My gut feeling is yes. I'd hate to walk into my hobby room one morning only to find my Sideshow Luke lying all twisted on the floor and then look up to find several Hasbro figures frozen in time, giving each other high-fives... :naughty

I think I might have the Jango and Dooku figures displayed with them either defeated or not. They are the only ones that should even enter the presence of the Sideshow figures. They aren't even that great to Sideshow's standards, but they could make great "beheaded" figures if you lay them the right way.

Depends on the Hasbro figure, I suppose. Since I'm not expecting we'll see a SS R2-D2 or C-3PO any time soon, I'll be happy to keep the Hasbro versions on display with the Sideshow figures. Lando Skiff Guard, Bib Fortuna, Boushh, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout and Dooku? Also good enough to join the display. Horse-faced 14" Darth Vader? Emperor? Chewbacca? Any Hasbro Luke or Han? No thanks. They'll hit Goodwill soon enough.

- J!

Shaihulud said:
YOU SHOULD SELL THOSE HASBRO FIGURES IMO..AT least the ones that Sideshow are doing..then you wont have problems to display.

Gladly, But I don't think anyone wants them.

Not at first. I have two rooms for my collection. I display newer pieces in my living room.

I know there are a lot of Hasbro bashers, but I like a lot of my 12" figures. I find it hard to compare a mass produced $20.00 figure with one that's a $50.00+ limited edition. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Batty said:
Not at first. I have two rooms for my collection. I display newer pieces in my living room.

I know there are a lot of Hasbro bashers, but I like a lot of my 12" figures. I find it hard to compare a mass produced $20.00 figure with one that's a $50.00+ limited edition. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Or like comparing an old, shriveled, imaciated apple to a shiny new, juicy one!:monkey1

As much as I love my Hasbro figures (let's have some Dooku love here please...) I won't be displaying my SSC's with them. They have a brand new shiny glass cabinet of their very own to live in.

I've only bought the non-human Hasbros so I'd have no problem displaying the droids, Genosian, Gamorrean Guard, etc. with the SSC figures. At least until replacements came along...

But all of my customized Hasbros will be going in storage or for sale - they are pretty much just versions of what we're initially getting from SSC anyway.

FlyAndFight said:
It really depends on the Hasbro figures themselves. Will they feel inferior standing next to or near a Sideshow figure, particularly if it's an "exclusive" figure? My gut feeling is yes. I'd hate to walk into my hobby room one morning only to find my Sideshow Luke lying all twisted on the floor and then look up to find several Hasbro figures frozen in time, giving each other high-fives... :naughty

See now THAT is what I would be afraid of....lol! :horror

I have a few Hasbro figs. but most will remain in storage. I haven't displayed them because of a lack of shelf space. The droids would work well with Sideshow figures so I might display the few droids I have along with Sideshow. I'll also be displaying my Marmet figures with the Sideshow ones until Sideshow makes Boba Fett and Sandtroopers to replace the Marmet versions.
Eventually I think I'll customize the Hasbro figures.

Hey all!

Is there a listing of the Hasbro figures SS will be doing/re-doing?

I'm loking for some 12", highly posable, GOOD looking Stormtroopers but don't want to pay $175+shipping for the Japanese market-only ones.

I'm all in for the various stormtrooper types...just hoping there is an expectation that SS will make them!

Any word on this (or links)?!?!

tia,
G&T

Back