Star Wars Novels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

darthrage

I've read a bunch, but now that episode III is complete I'm looking for an up to date list of all the star wars novels, in order. Any help?

Christ, my bloke has ALL of them. I could find out when I'm over there if I don't fall asleep while noting them all down!
He's also very excited cos this week he got a book that he didn't think was out until next year! So of course he finished reading it in a couple of days.

They don't have labyrinth Of Evil on that list.

If you haven't read it... it's 1 of THE best SW books available.
It tells the story leading up to EIII ROTS & ends right where
the movie starts!

*ss*

It's obviously outdated because they don't have any novels between Episodes II and III. So basically it's missing:

Shatterpoint
The Cestus Deception
MedStar Duology (Battle Surgeons/Jedi Healer)
Jedi Trial
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
Labyrinth of Evil

Actually I think one of the best novels out there is the movie adaptation of ROTS by Mathew Stover. It's one of the VERY few Star Wars novels that I've read more than once or twice.

It beautifully expands on the screenplay... Anakin's fall to the dark side seems far more plausible. Also Dooku's point of view of things is also explored. Very interesting stuff! After reading it, the movie feels like a Cliff's Notes version of the book.

Lucas, being more an editor than a director, likes to move things along... he cuts away too fast IMHO, sometimes he cuts a scene just when things start to get interesting. He also likes to leave things more open for interpretation. I wish he had trust in his characters let them talk and let them explain themselves more thoroughly like they do in this novel.

Thanks for your input, Protozaius. I've often stayed away from movie adaptations, but you've got me interested in reading this one.

there is a couple coming out in the near future off hand i know one of them is titled " rise of lord vader" or something like that. and it sounds great its supposed to show vader after ROTS sith lording it up. another is the outbound flight which i havent heard too much about.

I just finished reading Labyrinth Of Evil. Great novel! IMO it really showed how Sidious manipulated events to divide and confuse the Jedi. Just started ROTS, and find it much deeper than the movie could ever be.

Also. Can someone help me out? Since Labyrinth Of Evil is the story of events between AOTC and ROTS what is the name of the novel that covers the events between Phantom Menace and AOTC? If anyone has the name of the book and author I would love to know.

Darn it all, I went out and bought the ROTS novel. It better be good. Actually anything that keeps me from having to finish this dull Neal Stephenson book will be welcome.

I just finished reading Labyrinth Of Evil. Great novel! IMO it really showed how Sidious manipulated events to divide and confuse the Jedi. Just started ROTS, and find it much deeper than the movie could ever be.

totally agree with you labyrinth of evil is one of my favorite books. ROS imo is greater than the movie just simply because it has emotions and details that the movie just didnt.

as far as books between episodes I and II there were several. approaching storm, darth maul: shadow hunter just to name some off my head. the new outbound flight is coming out in october i believe and that is between I and II.

So besides Labyrinth of Evil and ROTS novel - which are seen as the best of the EU? I've heard the Zahn novels are good, but anything else that is a must read? How about in the comics?

Thanks all for the info...never read any SW books so
bought Labyrinth of Evil and Stover's ROTS to get me
started. Where can you go to find Expanded Universe
information...any preferred websites?

Labyrinth of Evil and ROTS are good. ROTS is better. Labyrinth is fine, but not a fantastic book....just nice to fill in the events preceeding ROTS.
There are soooooo many good SW EU Books on the market.
The Timothy Zhan - Heir to the Empire Trilogy is mandatory. That is was started the resurgence in SW Popularity and brought it back to the forefront of our current pop culture wave again!

There are some gems....in the form of short story collections!
The Tales from...books. Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantine, Tales from Jabba's Palace, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, etc...
They have some INCRDIBLE short stories that take place in or around the events of the three major OT Films.
Boba Fett's escape from the Sarlacc is one great example! Dengar and his 'friend' of all 'people' helps....whadda-ya know! :naughty

ok i need some help now. when i moved out of my parents house they sold all of my old SW books in a garage sale. which books had the clone emperor and clone luke in them??? i havent read them since i was in junior high school so i cant remember. ive been wanting to read them again for a couple months now so i think im gonna track them down.

Dark Empire, I believe. I haven't read them in a while and they are all melding together for me...Was that a Comic series or a novel?

Back