Do you think clothes are too tight on some 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
First off, wow, this is the best looking shot of 1/6 Han Solo that I've seen so far. Very nice indeed. But doesn't appear that his clothing fits a bit tight? His snug sleeves are emphasizing his already skinny arms. Wouldn't his arms look better if the sleeves weren't quite so snug? I am also worried he might have trouble bending his arms at the elbow if the material is too tight. What do you guys think?

IMG_0160.JPG

I just reckon the sleeves will creep up, showing his wrist articulation, once his arms are bent. The cuffs seem nice and tight. That would prevent his sleeves covering his hands, should his sleeves be made longer. The sleeves may bunch a little, which I would find preferable.

maybe they made the sleeves tighter to make it easier to have him wear his jacket?

I just realized what's bothering me about his arms. It's not that they are too skinny, but his forearms are too long. Compare his upper arms with his forearms. See the difference? They should be equal in length. Also check out where his arms and hands fall relative to his hips. Stand up and compare this with your own proportions. See where your hands fall relative to your crotch. You will see that his hands rest too low down.

Actually, my proportions match up with the figure. But then again, I'm freakishly tall. The pants are a touch high water. That may be what's bugging you. As to clothes being too tight, nah. I'll not be posing him without his jacket, and with it, he looks perfect.

JustinLuck said:
I just realized what's bothering me about his arms. It's not that they are too skinny, but his forearms are too long. Compare his upper arms with his forearms. See the difference? They should be equal in length. Also check out where his arms and hands fall relative to his hips. Stand up and compare this with your own proportions. See where your hands fall relative to your crotch. You will see that his hands rest too low down.

I am the same as Customkey. It all looks okay to me. You will also notice that you haven't allowed for the figures wrists in your calculation. That is why it looks as if his forearms are too long.

When your arms are spread out, from tip of middle digit to tip of middle digit, should be the same as your height. My arms are a little longer. So where do your hands appear, relative to your crotch? Ahem, ahhh forget it, that just sounds wrong.

LOL, yes Creecher, there's gotta be a better term we can use that doesn't sound so vulgar!

To answer your question, I am also above average height (6'2"). When I was doing the 'experiment', I stood up straight, with my arms relaxed. In the pic, his arms are slightly bent, so I tried to emulate that, along with partially closed hands. The tips of my semi-curled fingers are about parallel with the start of the inseam of my jeans. It is true that I am probably wearing my pants a little bit looser than Han Solo's and considering he is lacking any...unmentionables :naughty ...that might be the reason for the discrepancy :D

Looking at the pic again though...his arms are still too long. There is no way my hands could be entirely below the...private region. Are you guys sure your hands hang completely below the 'inseam' of your legs? Because that is what his are doing. Awkward wording...I know!!:google

Without mentioning the bles. Well if they weren't there, my crotch would be level with my wrists. Anyways, Vader might be right, I will be moving on, as I don't care to elaborate any further. :monkey3 This is a standard figure, so the problems you are concerned about, are across the board, and it hasn't been a major issue before, as to the length of the forearm. I refer back to my previous post concerning sleeves.

The cure will require a little work. ALL 1/6 figures have a hero's build. Urealistically large and buff. You simply dremel down on the shoulder at a 45 degree slant allowing the clothes to hang more naturally. Takes about 10 minutes and makes a big difference.

customizerwannabe said:
The cure will require a little work. ALL 1/6 figures have a hero's build. Urealistically large and buff. You simply dremel down on the shoulder at a 45 degree slant allowing the clothes to hang more naturally. Takes about 10 minutes and makes a big difference.

I never though about doing this! I'll give it a shot. I've got some extra SSC bodies lying around anyway.

I'm more bothered by clothing that is too loose as well. Lincoln's coat is huge on him. Even the sleeves are so long that the half hide his hands.
I cannot scratch my butt from between my legs standing straight up (6' 4"), but after reading that post, I tried to pose an SSC figure that way. Not only can Blackbeard NOT do this, but there is now a good reason for that look on his face. :horror

I'm more bothered by clothing that is too loose as well.

The cure for this is to wrap toilet paper around the arms or legs or torso. Whichever is appearing too baggy. Tape it on well and then redress. It give a more "filled out" appearance. I've done it to several military figures and it works great.

Harrison Ford is not Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Clothes look fine to me and the body is acurate. Has full range of artictulation which is what I want in a action figure. If you want 100% real looking bodies, buy statues.

Back