Hello from Switzerland ;-)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenom0rph

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi together

I left the collecting community approx. 5 years ago, just because I had to focus on some more important things in my life.

Actually I started about 8 years ago with collecting Alien and Predator stuff, around the time before AvP 1 was out. First there were all the McFarlane figures, then I started collecting resin collectibles of Palisades. It wasn't enough for me , so I dig deeper and came into the model kit scene where i actually bought model kits and had them built and painted by local artists. The special thing with this is...that you get something completely customized and individual.

It was a damn expensive hobby and somehow I just couldn't raise the money anymore without selling some of those pieces (which i didnt want to). I needed to take a time out, and decided to cut off any news feed about collectibles. So I also trashed my website...xenom0rph.com it was...last online 2005 I saw on the web archives.

It was about that time when sideshow decided to begin their big Alien and Predator lineup (1:1 predator 1 bust, maquette, etc.). Man, it bugged me that I couldn't be part of it anymore. But it was for the good in the end.

Well, now taking a look back...i really missed some superb pieces, and getting them now on eBay would be just insane. If it's the sideshow or the hot toys pieces...when its sold out...it's getting expensive. Not so with the garage kits. I tried to sell some of those, it's not that easy, especially if they are painted or customized.

So I kept some of the pieces, especially those that I couldnt just throw away for 100 bucks or so. As I live in Switzerland shipping is always a risk. When i quit i sent a big Aliens diorama to the US...it got totally crushed and the buyer got it all in pieces. :-( Double loss on both sides!

Recently I saw a video of Dan from predatorstuff.com on youtube and I felt taken back in time.

It was quite a coincidence because in this video he sells this Superedge Garage kit build up of a P2 predator. Most of you probably never heard of it, but's its a beauty! Actually Ill post some pics of it along with the Elder kit when I'm able to post links to pictures (10 posts needed).

You find more of those pieces on his website, he also has some pics of my stuff there - pretty cool.:)

Well...somehow it packed me again and I started surfing around, ending up here. I've read some nice reviews about some recent hot toys releases. So I ordered the T-800 Schwarzenegger figure. Hopefully it won't suck me in again as 8 years ago. I decided to buy some very carefully selected collctibles in the future, just high quality stuff. But when i see the pipeline of the upcoming stuff...there's no end! T-1000, Guardian Predator...omg...I once owned a Guardian / Gort PRedator kit sold it for about 400 USD...and now comes a fully articulated figure out, which actually is bigger and has more accessoires than id have thought of. Awesome...!

That's about it, just a list of my actual model kits I still own, if someone uses the search engine and ends up with questions about an item:

- Superedge Elder Predator
- Superedge Predator 2
- Nayuta Hunter of Darkness
- Alien Enterprises: Genocide Alien vs. Predator kit
- Dark Horse P2 Kit
- Dark Horse Alien 3 kit
- lots of Palisades Alien and Predator stuff

Cheers

Back