Jessica Rabbit Collectible Questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay gang, I was wanting some feedback from you guys.
I had been considering picking up the "Jessica Rabbit Big Figure" from disneystore, the 23.5" one but I had some concerns. In some photos the paint op looks decent, in others it looks horrible, mainly around the line between her hair and face, orange painted into the face and vice versa, very sloppy. I already spoke to one member who is pretty satisfied with theirs, but wanted a few more opinions.

My Jessica grail is still the 9" WDCC Jessica Rabbit, but I can't find one anywhere for sale.

Any opinions or help would be appreciated!

I had a bit of a look at the Big Figure at one stage, even found a fairly cheap price for one. But decided against it, at the end of the day, what I really want, is a knock out Jessica Rabbit PF. So I'm just going to wait till I get that.

From what I've heard the paint apps on all Disney Big Figs can be a little bit on the sloppy side. If you can see the piece before you buy it, then make sure to check it to make sure it lives up to your expectations.

The Jessica big fig is on sale at Disneystore.com, but I don't know what their return policy is. If you get one from there, you might have to take a chance and hope you get a perfectly painted one.

Of course, I don't own any big figs myself, so you can take all of this as hearsay! :)

Yeah I tried calling a few Disney Stores to see if they carried this item, so I could look at it in person, but each one said they do not carry the item.

I'll email the online store and find out about returns.

Still wish I could find the WDCC, in my opinion it looks a lot better of a sculpt, just hard to find.

Well, I love mine. It sits proudly on my computer desk along with the Electric Tiki Roller Coaster Rabbit mini maquette. I also have the rare Roger and Jessica Big Fig in a glass cabinet.

In terms of paint and sculpt quality they're not of the same standard as premium collectables like Sideshows PF's & Maquette's but still pretty decent. Both of mine have clean lines and no blemishes or splotches but they could definitely be painted a little tighter along the hairline.

One thing is for sure, it's a sod to clean. All that glitter is very easy to brush off so dusting is out of the question on the dress. I tend to use a very light touch from a compressed air can but even that blew a fair bit of glitter around the first couple of times.

Here's a few pics including a close-up showing the slightly dodgy hairline, nothing to worry about imo.

JessicaPortrait.jpg

JessicaBigFig-Profile.jpg

JessicaBigFig-Back.jpg

And the other one...

JessicaRogerBigFig-Jessica.jpg

JessicaRogerBigFig-Roger.jpg

JessicaRogerBigFig.jpg

What were the factors in deciding to wait? Paint ap, sculpt?

It was partly the sculpt and in some ways the material used, I'm pretty sure it's not polystone and I'd like something that has the weight and sharpness of everything that I have.

Then yes, came the paint apps, which could be a bit hit and miss and to top it off, I read that the glitter on the dress tends to fall off very easy.

Finally, I always had the point of view, that the best way to capture animated characters, is with a very good and sharp sculpt and paint apps, but with the clothes as real cloth, ie PF's, which if done right, could result in that 'flat', flowing look of the clothes, without it actually just being a solid piece of flat sculpting. If that makes any sense.

Since getting the Evil Queen PF, I'm now even more convinced that I was right and as long as SS can keep the QC at a high level, then for me, PF's are the way to go. Just need them to make it, that's all.

Thanks for the opinions and feedback.
I honestly only want one really nice statue of this character.
I've heard a few mention a PF. Is this just a wish or have you guys heard of anything about this really being done?

Last edited:
I've heard a few mention a PF. Is this just a wish or have you guys heard of anything about this really being done?

A bit of both really. SS have the Disney PF license, so they can do it. In the initial inside look video, Jessica was shown twice, on her own.
There has been little hints, etc that she is even being worked on, but at the end of the day, right now it's just a wish and hope.

However, I push SS every chance I get to have her put in to development, along with a few others. I'd like to think that it's just a matter of time, but I'd like it to be sooner, rather then later.

Dusty of SSC keeps saying on the boards that the Disney license is only for villains, but then we keep seeing pieces like Jack Sparrow and Prince Dastan. Jessica would be a huge seller as a PF, and I assume both Disney and SS know that.

If I were you, I'd really try to be patient for as long as I could and Sideshow will more than likely produce a Jessica PF. If you need an inexpensive Jessica collectible to tide you over, try the Jessica Grand Jester bust. While not a full-sized collectible, it is a great representation of the character. I have one myself, and I think it looks great.

Not sure if I have seen the Grand Jester piece yet....scratch that, yes I have, didn't realize that was the name of it. Nice piece.

Last edited:
Not sure if I have seen the Grand Jester piece yet....scratch that, yes I have, didn't realize that was the name of it. Nice piece.

I've been collecting the Grand Jester line since its inception since display space is an issue for me, and it has really been phenomenal. Great sculpts, great paint apps, very pleased with it. Jessica's bust looks great, and I really like the art deco/Ink and Paint Club base they gave her.

yeah I noticed the misspelling too plus the pretty good profit from what they originally sold for

The more I see the paint-ops on some of these pieces, it really makes me just want to hold out for a PF from Sideshow. Shouldn't be that difficult to paint her hair along a seam and not have it weave in and out of the line.

You guys are seriously lucky to be in a place where you can find such stores that stock these cool collectibles. Out over here if I need to buy them I have to pay a huge price just for the shipping. :monkey2

Back