Who don't you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
We've done or Angel want lists, now let's see who's not wanted.

Here's my dud list:

Groosalug - I couldn't stand this cornball character.

Harmony - Didn't like her on Buffy, liked her even less on Angel.

Kate Lockley - Boy, she could really get on my nerves.

"Parting Gifts" Wesley - I absolutely do not want to see Wes in that goofy leather get up.

I agree with your list except with harmony, she just rocks! I loved her way more on angel especially season 5, Harms Way was a great ep for her character.

Kate was annoying but she had her moments, would not buy one of her though either.

Connor! i JUST hated the character.
Dodgey Monsters of the week, I like to stick to the main character and baddies.

As long as I get a:
kickass season4 wesley (shotguns and 2 handguns. yeah!)
Angel (tick!)
Cordy
Fred
Gunn
Illyria
Darla

Ill be a happy camper. Also some of the main baddies too.:D

Agree no Lockley. She might've had her moments, but they were very short moments. :D No Connor or Jasmine. No Groosalug. No slimy Monsters of the Week (not that it would happen, but still.) No Evil Cordy (and for SURE no Evil Pregnant Cordy. Eeeesh, that would just be wrong on so many levels.)

No character or monster that only appeared once, please (unless they're REALLY memorable)! We have some Buffy figures like this, and while they're good figures, there are just so many other characters that I want in both the Buffy and Angel line that to get the 'one off' figure when I'm anticipating so many others is a little frustrating because I know it will be yet another couple of months before the next Buffy/Angel figure announcement.

Other than that, I think I'm good! Bring on Season 4 Wesley and Lorne!! :banana

You guys are nixing my favorite characters! Large-and-in-charge pregnant evil Cordy was my favorite incarnation of the character! Gru and Conner are human characters with interesting costumes and Jasmine would also be great (and perfect to do a Serenity custom if that line never materializes). I'd agree about Kate, but I also don't need Lindsey or Gunn or Doyle or the girl who was the liason for the senior partners is S.5. Lilah is only interesting in her school girl/Fred fantasy costume.

My list would be too long really. There were a lot of characters on Angel I just plain disliked, or just don't care enough about to pay 40 dollars for their figure. I won't get as many figures from the Angel line as the Buffy line.

Lockley is probably the one figure I could easily do without.

I didn't care much for the Jasmine story thread, so I could probably pass on her too, but if Sideshow make Jasmine, they could make Zoe from Firefly!!! It's a good thing actors cross-over!!

I like the very first appearance of feral boy Connor, but after that I can live without him.

Harmony was somebody that grew on me over time, especially for Harm's Way, so I would love to have Harmony.

I didn't like the redhead who was the vampire hunters assistant. Not that she was a bad character, but she was a terrible actress.

I think the core characters are all must haves, but in terms of oddball guys, I would love to have Skip, and some of the Evil Syndicate that were recurring characters.

I'd definitely want a Jasmine - for the very reason that Darklord Dave mentioned, and throw in a Hamilton, and the ballerina from "Dancing in the Wings" and a Caleb for the Buffy line and I will have a pretty good Firefly collection going!

I definitely would not want a Kate Lockley figure or a "Parting Gifts" Wesley - I also wouldn't want to see him in that outfit.

Although I also loved this show, it wasn't with the same passion I felt for BtVS or Firefly so I'm not planning on getting all of these. I'll most likely just get the main characters. I don't know if I'd be interested in a Lila or a Lindsey. Doyle I'd probably want just because I loved that character but I don't know if I'd want his demon counterpart.

Lilah would be the figure I want the most out of the line. She was without a doubt my fave character on Angel.

The only semi-main characters I can think of that I don't want (but would buy anyway :rolleyes: ) are Groo, Connor and Jasmine. I'd be ok with Fred's parents. ;)

I don't like saying "never" but the characters I'm least interested in who had principal parts are Lindsay, The Groosalug, Jasmine and Connor. I'm also not interested in pregnant Cordelia.
I'm not interested in a lot of background and single appearance characters either and won't bother to try to make a list. But you know what I'm talking about I'm sure.
Not particularly interested in Gunn or Doyle but if they do a complete enough line I might change my mind.
Lilah would be fine with me as would some of the others mentioned. I just can't really imagine them making her though. But I liked the character.
I guess I'm prepared to be fairly selective on the Angel line. Besides Cordy, Wesley, Fred, Faith and Lorne I'm not sure what I'd buy. Depends on how interesting the specific figure subject SSC portrays is.

I'm surprised to see the names of so many primary and secondary cast-members continue to be listed as figures no one wants. Isn't that the big gripe about the Buffy line, not enough humans?

No Doyle? No Gunn? No Groo? No Harmony? No Conner? No evil, preggers Cordy? No Lindsey? No Lilah? No Jasmime? No MOTW? No Kate Lockley? (Okay. No Kate Lockley.)

Outside of generic Cordelia, Fred, and Lorne, who's left that can be considered a major player? Human-face/period Darla and Drusilla? More Angel and Spike variants (another complaint about Buffy)? Holtz and Justine? Brant has said that Illyria's costume would be "... very, very difficult to pull off nicely in 1:6 scale," so she's doubtful.

Of course, there is no shortage of demons: Sahjhan, Cyrus Vail, Archduke Sebassis, Izzy, the Skilosh, etc. But wait — isn't that a major complaint about the Buffy line, too many irrelevant demons crowding out all the important human characters?

I hope there are many, many more fans of the eclectic ensemble of players that carried Angel the Series for five seasons. If that's not the case, and the majority are only interested in buying a few favorite characters here and there, this line is going to run out of steam, fast.

sklshdmn.jpg

FrankenFan said:
I hope there are many, many more fans of the eclectic ensemble of players that carried Angel the Series for five seasons. If that's not the case, and the majority are only interested in buying a few favorite characters here and there, this line is going to run out of steam, fast.
That's what I'm afraid will happen to this line. Angel never was the pop culture phenomenon that Buffy was, and I'm not sure people are strongly attached enough to these characters to support a long running line. Aside from the four I listed, I'll buy anything they make, and I'd probably buy a "Parting Gifts" Wes if it was the first version of him released for fear of not getting another Wes figure.

FrankenFan said:
No Doyle? No Gunn? No Groo? No Harmony? No Conner? No evil, preggers Cordy? No Lindsey? No Lilah? No Jasmime? No MOTW? No Kate Lockley? (Okay. No Kate Lockley.)

Outside of generic Cordelia, Fred, and Lorne, who's left that can be considered a major player? Human-face/period Darla and Drusilla? More Angel and Spike variants (another complaint about Buffy)? Holtz and Justine? Brant has said that Illyria's costume would be "... very, very difficult to pull off nicely in 1:6 scale," so she's doubtful.

sklshdmn.jpg

Well I certainly want a Lilah, shes a BEST. DEFINATLEY Doyle, Gunn Harmony.

But a definate NO to Lockely, Pregnant Cordy(just wrong.)

Unfortunately, I'm not much of an Angel fan, and never have been. I loved the early seasons (1-2), but the rest of it was "meh" to me. I also didn't become attached to a lot of the characters. My gripe was always that Angel shouldn't have gotten his own "Scooby Gang". They tried to Buffy-fy his show too much for me. I like a few characters, and that's it. I'll admit that. But I think there are Angel fans out there who will collect more than me.

Buffy had many, many characters I loved. Angel, not so much, because I didn't really care for the show the way I did Buffy.

I was never a big Angel fan either, but I will take most of what is offered, especially humans. You never know, it might keep the whole whedonverse alive and that Giles might just show up, one day!:horse

In many ways I thought Angel was a better show than Buffy, certainly S.3 &4 were more enjoyable than S. 6 &7 of Buffy. And Angel had more interesting and longer lasting Demon characters and actual Big Bads that would make interesting figures. The Mayor and Glory were great characters, but not as visually interesting as Holtz, Sarjan, Connor, Jasmine, The Beast or big Pregnant Cordy. IMHO of course.

Darklord Dave said:
In many ways I thought Angel was a better show than Buffy, certainly S.3 &4 were more enjoyable than S. 6 &7 of Buffy.
Agreed. I thought Angel just got better with each season whereas I felt Buffy was really hit and miss after season 3.

I actually liked Angel better than Buffy. My wife did also. But her reasoning may have been because David Boreanaz was hot. :rolleyes: :D Now that's not to say I didn't like Buffy as I enjoyed both immensely. Angel just seemed more adult and dark for lack of a better term. Plus it's all Dave's fault. He talked me into giving Angel a try when I was perfectly happy with Buffy. :eek: :cool:

Back