Navy SEAL SDV Team 1 by Soldier Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibagami

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not at all handsome but another $100 SEAL but from SDV (SEAL Delivery Vehicle) team 1 by Soldier Story.

20106241445694.jpg

See the rest here:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...27-new-soldier-story-navy-seal-sdv-team1.html

Is that really an issue?

Oh, I forgot how you like parade your figures around topless in your bedroom. Weirdo.

xD

It's a pet peeve. If I have an operator aiming his gun and his face is a pinkish red and his hands an orange yellow, it looks like ass. Also if you can see his neck and it doesn't match, it makes the figure look "cheap." Even Hasbro (most of the time) makes sure their 12" Joes have matching skin tones. At their price point, Soldier Story has no excuse.

Meh. Sideshow doesn't put a lot of time into this line unlike Star Wars.

:slap Really? Every single figure I've gotten in SSC's Joe line shows that they put almost too much time into developing them. For the most part, they're perfect.

They'll probably fix the body tone issue.

Not all are crappy. The Joes suck. The cobras are awesome.

Sideshow is getting better and better since they do have A LOT on their plate.

Bleh. No matter what company releases whatever figure, there's always something I'd fix or change about it.

:lol :lol :lol SS GIJoe line blows away the Star Wars line.

WTF? You don't think so?

Sideshow Vader PWNS all others! And is the best! And I think I'd rather have Sideshow Jedi Luke over Medicom Jedi Luke.

You're probably over the whole thing.

Platoon was awesome too for that time.

WTF? You don't think so?

Sideshow Vader PWNS all others! And is the best! And I think I'd rather have Sideshow Jedi Luke over Medicom Jedi Luke.

You're probably over the whole thing.

Platoon was awesome too for that time.

I agree that Vader's up there. But collecting both lines, I'm not so blind as to see the difference and EF's right. The Joes just look and feel like better 1:6 collectibles than the Star Wars stuff. Besides, while SW is hit and miss, every single Joe release (CCC exception), has been a home run.

To even bring Medicom into this speaks of fail. :monkey4

I'd say just about every piece in the Joe line has been just awesome. The only thing I could nit pick would be the use of a Pro v1 on SE since the arms are a bit thin and the shoulders quite week. Still, he LOADED with great gear. Aside from that every release from the line has been right up with the very best SS releases in 1/6th scale to date.

Still, I freaking love SW, but there have been many, many releases that have been sub par.

Look, I love the SW line. It's the reason I am here but I think more love and care has been put into the JOE line. I may not always understand some of their choices but I think TRUE fans are working on the Joes themselves. They do their homework...and Vader does rule.

My own opinion is that the GI Joe line is definitely better than the older Star Wars stuff. But the Star Wars stuff was great for when they came out, other than the ASB. And there have been great improvements. The current SW releases, I think, are as good as the GI Joe line for what they are. Sideshow has definitely geared up the joes and they are certainly better in that aspect. But I think that for overall quality and for what the characters are intended to be, they are both great.

Edit - And that Seal figure is sweet!

I don't like Soldier Story. They're scumbags. I say this on a personal and professional level.

As for the whole Sideshow GI JOE versus Sideshow STAR WARS. I'll buy every single GI JOE figure produced and sold by Sideshow, but I will pick and choose the SW offerings.

:D

Back