• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How much do you think a Cavey statue would cost in the UK?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifu03612

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey just wondering how much roughly people think Cavey is worth in £'s. Really want him and have been selling stuff on the bay? (not the summer, i'm strictly a neighbours man)

Cheers
Colin

Hey Colin

Its hard to say. They are still selling for over $1500 + shipping in the states so that would equate to between £700 -£800 in pound sterling.

As I don't see the price onthis one dropping much I'd suggest you start saving if you really want this.

It cost me an arm and a leg for mine but I wouldn't part with it for the world.

It is an amazing statue

Gary

I would advise against buying from abroad (even Europe) as the postal services are hit and miss when it comes to delivering them intact. If you can find one that you can pick up, that would be ideal. As for price, in the UK, you would be looking at the best part of £1000 (but worth every penny). The last couple went for nearly £1200 each so start saving and good luck. It's even better than the UHSS!!!

I thought you didn't have one as you were trying to trade your helms for a Balrog or a Cavey? Did you get one?

CaptainCaveTroll said:
I thought you didn't have one as you were trying to trade your helms for a Balrog or a Cavey? Did you get one?

The helms offer was/is for a Balrog. I just threw the Cave Troll in there for conversation and to see if poeple would equate the helms as more of an equal to the Cave Troll since it's second to the Balrog in terms of value. Now don't get me wrong, the Cave Troll is AWESOME! If anyone can get one, I would highly recommend it. It's just that the UHSS it my favorite piece.

I agree that they are both superb but the Cavey is my numero uno but the UHSS is definitely number two!

I know to get one in europe you're looking at 1800 euro or so, so I guess 1200 pounds would be a decent price, especially if you can pick him up and inspect him. And the Cave Troll is THE best statue of SSW. :naughty

CaptainCaveTroll said:
It's even better than the UHSS!!!

Fritz said:
It's very very very nice but it's not better than the UHSS! :thwak ;)

You're kidding, right? Cave Troll (item B) should not be better than UHSS (item A)???

Cavey_n_friends.jpg

If you have a choice, go for the Cave Troll instead of the UHSS!

But back to topic:

I have gotten mine from the USA, no problem in shipping whatsoever. If I remember correctly, it was "only" packed in the retail package and Sideshow shipping box.

Pick up in person would be the best option, but if it costs you that much more, I would consider investing a couple of bucks in a well insured well-packed shipment from abroad.

I have heard of about postal journeys (national and international) and the success rate of arriving intact is about 50%. I have been on the reaciving end of opening a damaged Cave Troll and it is devastating so I would 100% recommend that you travel to pick it up. If you're going to pay £1000 for a statue, pay the extra £50 petrol and pick it up.

goliath said:
You're kidding, right? Cave Troll (item B) should not be better than UHSS (item A)???...

No I'm not kidding. I have them both and I like the UHSS better? Is that ok with you? :rolleyes:

Fritz said:
No I'm not kidding. I have them both and I like the UHSS better? Is that ok with you? :rolleyes:

Sure, to each their own :peace

Back to topic:

I agree with CaptainCaveTroll: IF you have the option of picking up, go for it. The question of the proper price would have to be answered by our UK members, I guess. As far as I know, you would have to add 17.5% VAT to current US prices...:horror

Back