FREE USA Shipping & Discounted Intl too!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornerStoreComics

Freaked Out
Reaction score
:panic: All orders for in-stock merchandise totaling $25 or more (not including shipping) will ship for FREE to all contiguous USA locations.

Additionally, ALL other destinations (International, Alaska, Hawaii) can take advantage of $25 flat rate shipping per box for all in-stock merchandise as well. We'll fit as much as we can into each box of course, so we'll only use the number of boxes necessary to fill your in-stock order.

There are some other ruley-rule type things, so be sure to read through the details before ordering. This started about 90 minutes ago, and should continue through next Sunday. Stuff does sell out fast though when we do this, so we don't recommend waiting too long.
Click on either banner on the front page for more info.

Thanks!
t-

this is all fine and dandy,but not cool when you raise your prices on certain in stock items, that were sold for less, before this free shipping sale...its not really a deal and its quite deceptive

Examples- Hot toys Sarah Connor 134.99 now 149.99
Sideshow G.I.Joe Duke 107.99 now 119.99
Cobra throne 179.99 now 189.99....theres more
those who visit the site frequently can see this

watch after the free shipping sale is over you'll put the prices back to what they were...I have nothing against CSC,but its a deceptive deal and it needed to be pointed out.Why offer free shipping if its not really free shipping on certain items.If anything,its a turn off kinda of sale

this is all fine and dandy,but not cool when you raise your prices on certain in stock items, that were sold for less, before this free shipping sale...its not really a deal and its quite deceptive

Examples- Hot toys Sarah Connor 134.99 now 149.99
Sideshow G.I.Joe Duke 107.99 now 119.99
Cobra throne 179.99 now 189.99....theres more
those who visit the site frequently can see this

watch after the free shipping sale is over you'll put the prices back to what they were...I have nothing against CSC,but its a deceptive deal and it needed to be pointed out.Why offer free shipping if its not really free shipping on certain items.If anything,its a turn off kinda of sale

:exactly::goodpost:

I don't think we will be hearing anything back from them. They got caught doing the nasty so they're gonna stay quiet.

I'm inclined to play devil's advocate in this sense--BBTS does this all the time. They say, "15% off all in-stock items, with a few minor exceptions"

The main exception being anything that is labeled as "NEW" is not discounted. But older, reasonably popular figures keep the "NEW" label for upwards of 2-3 years, while unpopular items released a month ago can lose it. Still, I figure a site-wide sale excluding more popular items is better than no sale.

The issue that I have here, then, is that they are promoting this sale with a pic of Sarah Connor. . .that seems kind of hard to defend.

Anyone had their ID or CC information stolen lately, or is that sorted out now?

:thud: :dunno :gah:

I'm inclined to play devil's advocate in this sense--BBTS does this all the time. They say, "15% off all in-stock items, with a few minor exceptions"

The main exception being anything that is labeled as "NEW" is not discounted. But older, reasonably popular figures keep the "NEW" label for upwards of 2-3 years, while unpopular items released a month ago can lose it. Still, I figure a site-wide sale excluding more popular items is better than no sale.

The issue that I have here, then, is that they are promoting this sale with a pic of Sarah Connor. . .that seems kind of hard to defend.

Well at least with BBTS what you see is what you get. They say 15% off all in-stock items and then the fine print says excludes all **NEW** items. They mark all the things they consider new. It's obvious that what we consider NEW isn't what they consider NEW, and they let you know. With this "Free Shipping" deal they have here they don't let you know that they've jacked up the price to include shipping. So this right here is a very under handed thing they are doing. And HIGHLY frowned upon. :tap

I wont be ordering from them.

Think about this, though--if the buyer chooses to buy a Sarah Connor for $150 shipped or whatever when he/she was unwilling to do it when it was $135 plus $15 of shipping, is that CSC's fault? The more I think about this, the less I want to criticize CSC. Is it an apparent attempt to trick folks into buying? I guess so. But the buyer's know what they are paying when they check out, and if the price is cheaper elsewhere, then they can skip the sale. Stores use gimmicks all the time, but is it not the buyer's responsibility not to pay more than he/she should?

Think about this, though--if the buyer chooses to buy a Sarah Connor for $150 shipped or whatever when he/she was unwilling to do it when it was $135 plus $15 of shipping, is that CSC's fault? The more I think about this, the less I want to criticize CSC. Is it an apparent attempt to trick folks into buying? I guess so. But the buyer's know what they are paying when they check out, and if the price is cheaper elsewhere, then they can skip the sale. Stores use gimmicks all the time, but is it not the buyer's responsibility not to pay more than he/she should?

:lecture

Sure it's gimmicky and a tad backhanded, but if you're shopping for high end collectibles then I hope you're in the habit of price checking, or at least looking at your total before placing an order. I bet that even with these marked up prices CSC is still coming in lower than some competitors, in some cases even before shipping.

regardless,it is bad business ethics (not that that means much anymore these days) we ALL want to save money from time to time on shipping costs when buying things online...and this deceptive deal does not save a customer any money.Working retail before,its discusting what tactics retailers will pull to get peoples money.An honest business will thrive much longer in a suffering economy.

Not all prices were jacked up...just have to do the math and figure out if it's a good deal.

SPEAK, DAMN YOU!!
Sorry folks! We've had two new hires and a complete schedule shift between the three stores this past week or two. Todd moved off the order desk and ALLISON IS BACK! YAYYYYY! That's good news for everyone (for those who remember her.) Anna (who used to work the desk before Todd) moved from Beach to the CSC shop full-time, and we added Jeff (a new person) to the warehouse to help Richard pack your orders. I know, I know... blah, blah, blah...

So, what's up with the handful of items that were adjusted for the promo, you ask? Simple, simple stuff.

1. Because it's the right thing to do to not cause issues for the other Sideshow retailers that are selling these new Sideshow arrivals. Sideshow takes great lengths to protect its Direct Retailers, and we appreciate that. The last thing I want to do is circumvent what Sideshow does to protect its stores by creating an unfair advantage on Sideshow's latest arrivals. We probably didn't exclude as many things as we should have, but the manual line-by-line change process is actually a slow one for us.

2. Much like that way that other stores add the caveat that "new items" or "new arrival" or "front page stuff" or something similar are not included, we thought it was less cryptic (and therefore less likely to cause confusion) to actually adjust the dozen or so items that could not be included. Yes, there are a JUST a handful of items that were adjusted, but we did NOT adjust all the newest stuff, INCLUDING lots of stuff that has been arriving this week! We actually made the promo MORE productive for most shoppers by being specific on the affected items only rather than using a broad-brush approach. For example, our Minimates and Marvel Select customers are having a field day this week.

So, it's not a trick. It's not a backhanded attempt to crush anyone's spirit. It's not a conspiracy to fool those whose math skills may be suffering from action figure overload. :wink1:

It was actually more work for us to manually change those items than it would have been to say "nothing new" or "nothing on the front page", or "no latest arrivals", etc. So it was definitely intended to be helpful rather than sneaky. Sneaky would have been easier, believe me.

The next time around, it will be very simple to add a line in the promo 'rules and such' to explain the existence of the few items that may be adjusted for these reasons. It never even occurred to me that it could cause issues, or I would have done it this time too!

Always happy to answer questions, so if you've still got 'em, let 'em fly!

Thanks!
t-

Back