View Full Version : Hot Toys - IRON MAN 1/6th - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version)
05-03-2010, 08:48 PM
btw this is mine..sorry for blur pictures..not very good in snapping pics lol..
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Mini Review of HT's MMS116 - Mech Test, Tony Stark.
1. Chest Arc Reactor light are power by batteries in the upper torso, switch and batteries' cover are at the back. Neck is fixed, only left a double ball joint at the based of the head. (3 Batt., 4.5v)
2. LED of the hands are powered by batteries in "the controller box". Power wires are actually the blue colour ones. The blue wires actually goes through the black sleeves near the elbows and snake into the forearms to power LEDs at the end of the ball joint of the wrist.
(3 Batt., 4.5v)
3. Each foot actually has its own batteries and switch, poor articulation, the front of the foot (which hold the batteries) has some, the ankle side movement is solely depending on the ball joint, pins at the side holds the feet and limits the range of the side movement. Could have implemented better..
(2 Batt., 3.0v)
4. Mechanical arm/robot is fun... fire-hose is a separate unit, can be detached (contrary to what the instructions says)
Removal of Arm Exo-Frame
1. Split open the forearm exo-frame, moderate force maybe needed, as it depends on how well HT glue your copy, your experience would vary.
2. Peel back the long black sleeves, Double tape is used at the end of the wrist.
3. Two screws hold the fore arm close, Pull the blue wires into the exo-armour more so some working slack is allowed. Slide the upper arm exo-frame up towards the shoulders and twist it to the side so that the screw near the elbow can be exposed. Un-screw both screws. U should be able to remove the LED (together within the plastic ball wrist) and wires from the forearms.
4. The LED "casing" should be small enough to pass through the hole in the black long sleeves. Slide the entire arm exo-frame out. Remove everything as you'll do with a normal TT body.
p.s. the wrist ball joint are the same size for Mk.3, Mk.2, BD Mk3. so you can swap the hands
-Narrow shoulder TT with fixed neck (Arc Reactor) and modified forearms. Still retain double-joint elbows.
-The area where the wires for the LED comes in (hole in the sleeves) are painted black. There are no rubber plugs for all the screws holes that a normal TT would have.
-The cloths and exo-frame... The hole in the grey shirt is smaller (than the hole of the black shirt) and the edges of the hole is stuffed around the "arc reactor".
-Arc Reactor through fabric.. looks quite natural.
Well it is a cheap thrill :D but I certainly did not want him to take aim at my Tumbler :lol
ok more cleaning work done so onlye one decent picture this late at night :(
05-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Got him last week...Amazing piece....Here are some pics i took just for fun.. :)
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
ok hopefully working now..sorry my photoshoot skill sucks!:mad:
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
A few pics I had taken of Test Tony.
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Just got mine. The EX with the cat. :lol The box is huge. Very nice packaging.
The details are amazing and the sculpt is great. I'm having a slight problem with the hands fitting properly due to the mechanics on the arms. Other than that, it's perfect.
Long term I won't be displaying the background with him but it's cool for pics.
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
05-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Mine finally arrived today :rock
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Got around to taking some pics. Poor Tony has had very little love due to Arnie arriving at the same time but he'll get his share soon enough!
Such a excellent figure. Again, mere phone pics.
06-09-2010, 03:46 AM
this figure is awesome!
06-12-2010, 02:58 AM
The Robot works also!
06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Great pics everyone!! Just got mine in and here is my humble contribution...
And the gratuitous shot with the rest of the family....
06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
arrived today...Stark mech figure....very cool -
roll on the ironman 2 figures now :hi5:
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Got my Tony today!
06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
another quick one.
06-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Well Tony Stark and T800 both showed up today at the same time :hi5:
06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
got tony today:yess: Awesome Collectible Figure just WOW:bow
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img155.imageshack.us/i/img0200y.jpg/'><img src='http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1341/img0200y.jpg' border='0'/></a>
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img143.imageshack.us/i/img0198g.jpg/'><img src='http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3443/img0198g.jpg' border='0'/></a>
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img821.imageshack.us/i/img0193k.jpg/'><img src='http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6568/img0193k.jpg' border='0'/></a>
06-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Just finished my review, posted a ton of pics on FB, heres a little few-
06-18-2010, 08:26 AM
The Best Tony Stark Figure ever Thank you HOT TOYS:woo
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img291.imageshack.us/i/img0236wt.jpg/'><img src='http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3760/img0236wt.jpg' border='0'/></a>
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0242pt.jpg/'><img src='http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3035/img0242pt.jpg' border='0'/></a>
<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://img638.imageshack.us/i/img0240vs.jpg/'><img src='http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7392/img0240vs.jpg' border='0'/></a>
06-28-2010, 06:18 AM
06-28-2010, 08:11 AM
"If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college. Seriously, we're just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity. And three... two... one. "
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.