So anyone get one yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These ____tards should be round up and unceremoniously put to pasture. WTF?!:
"This laser possesses the most burning capabilities of any portable laser in existence," the website reads. "That's why it's also the most dangerous laser ever created."

The website goes on to warn that "extremely dangerous is an understatement to the power of 1W of laser power. It will blind permanently and instantly and set fire quickly to skin and other body parts."

It adds that users should use eye protection and must read and agree the "Laser Hazard Acknowledgment Form."

I can see every inept parent buying them for their ********* kids with no accountability whatsoever. :duh

picture.php

Thats insane! Does the laser itself keep going like a laser pointer or does it stop at some point?

Thats insane! Does the laser itself keep going like a laser pointer or does it stop at some point?

I am pretty sure it is scientifically impossible for a beam of light to stop in mid-air, so I am not sure what Star Wars fans would get out of this. Kind of like a super charged flashlight i guess:dunno

I am pretty sure it is scientifically impossible for a beam of light to stop in mid-air, so I am not sure what Star Wars fans would get out of this. Kind of like a super charged flashlight i guess:dunno

So how are light sabers supposed to work then? :tap

They would need some sort of containment field to stop the beam. The final step in the creation of a true lightsaber!!! Man imagine having one in your pocket when you're in a dark alley on the way home from a movie? Muggger: Gimme your wallet! now!; You: I don't think so (snap-hiss) mugger loses a hand. But in all seriousness this is dangerous! but i kinda want one now haha

cool.................no more burning ants with a magnifying glass................lazer FTW...........:yess:

They would need some sort of containment field to stop the beam. The final step in the creation of a true lightsaber!!! Man imagine having one in your pocket when you're in a dark alley on the way home from a movie? Muggger: Gimme your wallet! now!; You: I don't think so (snap-hiss) mugger loses a hand. But in all seriousness this is dangerous! but i kinda want one now haha

What? You'd sneeze, activate the pressure switch and "BZZWUMMM!" instant eunuch.

i saw some show on the History channel i think. the "Science of Star Wars" or some such. claimed the lightsaber was impossible because the beam couldn't be stopped and set to a certain length, if i recall

i saw some show on the History channel i think. the "Science of Star Wars" or some such. claimed the lightsaber was impossible because the beam couldn't be stopped and set to a certain length, if i recall

:lecture

That is only true if the "lightsaber" is, in fact, only light (and supposedly it is, focused through a colored crystal), in which case you are absolutely right.

The show also mentioned they could use plasma for a lightsaber, and then the length could be limited, but they said "you'd be better off mailing it to your enemies and activating it remotely," because of the intense heat (you probably would get burns from being near it, probably wouldn't be able to hold it in your hand)

This laser is awesome, it's as cool as a lightsaber IMO...

I mean it can burn people's skin! Who needs a lightsaber in a back alley when you have this laser? Before, portable lasers could blind people at best, not so great for mugger-type situations...

"Stay back, or I'll blind you! Once I get this laser aimed at your eyes, it will only take a few minutes of concentrated light and you'll never see again!"

:lol

Now with this laser it's more like,

"Stay back, or I'll burn a hole in your skin and set fire to your clothing!"

that's pretty damn awesome.

DEATH LASERS > tasers IMO

Back