When is the Gentle Giant Clone Trooper Mini Bust supposed to ship?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
According to the GG site it's scheduled to be in August. Qui-Gon is July.

Thanks Batty. I was going to get a cheap one on ebay now, but since it is shipping in 1/2 a year, I will hold off.

Maybe pick up a few cheap ones right now, lol.

Any good ones to pick up that are on the cheaper side?

the Utapau clone bust is only 1 per case, and we don't yet know the total edition size, so he might not be too expensive. But it's a good chance the Utapau clone will go for over retail, and the 501st clone will probably go for right around retail, once these are released. There will probably be a ton of people who bought a case to just get 1 of each selling the white ones for dirt cheap. There have already been some pre-orders for these on eBay for $25. Once these are out, you'll probably be able to pick up white clone busts for <$30 shipped.

All the regular release busts tend to go for pretty cheap on eBay. Of my small collection, I'd say look for the new ROTS Vader, ESB Yoda, and the Leia Boushh, those are all really nice mini-busts that can be had for cheap.

Yeah, you can get the more resent releases at pretty good prices. I try to pick them up after I find out the edition size. If the edition size is small I buy it right away. If it's on the large size I tend to wait and get it at a good price. Which ones do have so far?

It's also a good idea to join the GG Collector's Club. It's free and it was the only way to get the Salacious Crumb bust that came out about two months ago without paying eBay prices.

Batty said:
Yeah, you can get the more resent releases at pretty good prices. I try to pick them up after I find out the edition size. If the edition size is small I buy it right away. If it's on the large size I tend to wait and get it at a good price. Which ones do have so far?

It's also a good idea to join the GG Collector's Club. It's free and it was the only way to get the Salacious Crumb bust that came out about two months ago without paying eBay prices.

Well I actually just bought on ebay the New Yoda for $25.95 shipped and the Han for $31.50.

Good deals?

GSRJedi - Do you post on the Rebelscum Az boards?

Why is it the white clones go for such a low price when the stormtrooper mini busts command atleast retail if not a bit more? The stormy has a pretty big edition size also...

I've got a case coming myself. As stated above so I can get 1 of each for sure. I'll look to sell the rest of mine at cost.

This is probably not common knowledge but here is what wholesalers are doing.
They are selling them by the case (guarantee of getting certain busts) or individually. The problem with the individually option, is the packers are going to open the cases and pull out a bust and ship it, so there is no way for a retailer to know what they are going to get until it arrives. Sounds like fun.

Yeah, that's what someone said on a SW message board I post on. Makes more work for you all which is why I went ahead and just bought a case. That way I can worry about it.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
This is probably not common knowledge but here is what wholesalers are doing.
They are selling them by the case (guarantee of getting certain busts) or individually. The problem with the individually option, is the packers are going to open the cases and pull out a bust and ship it, so there is no way for a retailer to know what they are going to get until it arrives. Sounds like fun.

Do you mean the packers for Gentle Giant or the Web Retailer are going to ship out random busts? Can't the retailer order a case (with a guaranteed 3/2/1 breakdown) and then sell the contents individually? If there is no guarantee that each case contains the 3/2/1 then why would ordering a case be any safer? Now I am all confused...

tomandshell said:
Do you mean the packers for Gentle Giant or the Web Retailer are going to ship out random busts? Can't the retailer order a case (with a guaranteed 3/2/1 breakdown) and then sell the contents individually? If there is no guarantee that each case contains the 3/2/1 then why would ordering a case be any safer? Now I am all confused...

Indeed they can order by the case, which is what we have done. I am just saying that in some places they order in lower quantities or if you order from Diamond direct you are going to get a "grab" bag. The problem for the retailers is the white clone busts, you get 3 to a case so it has the potential for them to be around for a while. I was just pointing this out in case you guys have seen a few retailers sell them by the case as opposed to individual.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
Indeed they can order by the case, which is what we have done. I am just saying that in some places they order in lower quantities or if you order from Diamond direct you are going to get a "grab" bag. The problem for the retailers is the white clone busts, you get 3 to a case so it has the potential for them to be around for a while. I was just pointing this out in case you guys have seen a few retailers sell them by the case as opposed to individual.
You guys have a great price for these. I'm tempted to pick up a case.

Back