Help/advice Ebay must i sell to the winner?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calcifer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to ebaying and so far ive sold 2 figure and that all went smoothly.
But i recently put Final fantasy 13 collectors edition(ps3) (new and sealed) up 4 auction the starting price at $12 ..after a week there has been about 7 people watching it and the only bidder has won it at $13 ..i may have put the shipping up to high that may have put people off ..i couldn't stop the auction b4 the final 12hour period as i was away an unable to access ebay
The winner is demanding i send it out for the price he won it for ..i tried reasoning with him and i explained my situation but he still wants it 4 next for nothing ...for god sakes its a limited edition of ff13
What can i do???

That's the chance you take when you list an auction. You should absolutely stand by your decision to auction the item, low price or not.

If you don't sell it to him, you can bet he will leave you a negative feedback. If you can live with that, you don't necessarily have to sell him the item, but you'll need to refund his payment.

In the future, give the item a reserve price that you can live with so this doesn't happen again. But you should go through with the sale.

That's the chance you take when you list an auction. You should absolutely stand by your decision to auction the item, low price or not.

If you don't sell it to him, you can bet he will leave you a negative feedback. If you can live with that, you don't necessarily have to sell him the item, but you'll need to refund his payment.

Negative feedback eh? ..my ebay account is still only new so something like that won't effect me really ..i could always make a new account if the negative feedback bothered me enough.
No money has been sent yet ..o and this is what he said to me

"Sorry but its an auction listing! There's nothing i can do about it. If it is not sold to me you're breaking an legal contract.

I have sold items well below their value before there is nothing i could do but honour the auction.

Ive learnt my lesson so in future listings i only sell buy it now price.

I'll do u a favour charge me 15euros for postage and i will pay 25.50 euros for it send me the invoice."

So negative feedback is the worst possible thing that could happen me from this is it?

I agree with ComputerFly that is one of the risks of ebay. That is why they have reserve prices you can set. Or what I usually do is use buy it now with a best offer option.
If you hadn't already talked to the winner I would actually have suggested lying and saying that something happened to the game and it was no longer playable or something. That does not seem to be an option now though since you already spoke to him.

Sorry guy, I don't want to sound like a ____ but you should really sell it to him for that price. As much as being a seller I hate when people back out of sales as a buyer as well I hate it even more when a seller is gonna rip me off by not selling it to me for the price it went for.

Negative feedback in the beginning will really affect you, if you say only have 2 positive and 1 negative some buyers will look at that as pretty shady.

Suck it up to experience and give it to him for the price.

Nope, just give him the one he bought. Sorry man, if you want to have a good eBay experience and want to have a good standing you have to do it.

Agreed.

IMO, you should honor your auction sale. I know it sucks but anything else is shady.

BTW...your buyer could report you for Item Not Received as well.

Here's some info for you...

eBay Selling Practices Policy

Item Not Received

What if i offered him the regular edition instead(opened of course)

Then he files a claim with Paypal that the item he receives is not the item listed. Paypal refunds him the money and your out the item AND the money. Do the right thing...

On the bright side i sold my hellboy with two broken legs(replaced of course) for 100 euros.

Back