PDA

View Full Version : Custom Batman The Dark Knight 1/6 Batsuit/armory Cage

1mod6
05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi guys, I’m back with a new custom :yess:.
You can check it out at my new site http://www.1mod6.com/

Here’s a teaser pic :).
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage53.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

Let me know what you think.

Geil
05-28-2010, 01:29 PM
NICE WORK!!! any more pictures and close ups?
This is so much better than the other guys attempt!
But please please make a larger batch and sell them to more of us at non-eBay prices. Otherwise Ro will be the only beneficiary here :( Oh inTheVoid also has all your customs
You will be more proud that your goodies are making more ppl happy ;)

edit:
how stupid of me.. finally read the article and found the gallery :P REAL NICE!!! and aparently Ro did had a hand in there again! I just hope I can own it

Thrustmaster
05-28-2010, 01:29 PM
looks good, but more pics please :D

But please please make a larger batch and sell them to more of us at non-eBay prices. Otherwise Ro will the only beneficiary here :(
You will be more proud that your goodies are making more ppl happy ;)

x2

GrayWolf87
05-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes more pics please! Looks great!

EDIT: Just looked at the pics on your site. Does look great! Very impressed. Shame that all the weapons apart from the sticky bomb gun are just photos. Even if it just had other weapons which could be utilised by Batman regardless of screen accuracy. Anyway... once again, looks great!

1mod6
05-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys.
GrayWolf87 is correct, there's TON of pics a my site www.1mod6.com

Pennyworth
05-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Figures when I was nearly complete with my custom armory you would release your's and just blow it out of the water! :D LOL.

You are a custom creation genius bro. That thing looks spot on - and good God, it's remote controlled!? You've again raised the bar. Seriously. Well done.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't get it. Is this for sale or not? & where are the "tons of pics" at on your site. i don;t know about any one else, but I'm ready to roll on this puppy!

& whats the story with the power source? If its battery powered, what size & is the compartment easily accessible? & has your electric guy got the nack down pat of installing the circuits? Its not gonna be a situation of some are made shotty while other are made with patients & care? Seems to me you got a lot of questions to sort thru before orders are taken.

But keep me posted, cause like I said I'm very interested.

Thrustmaster
05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
more pics here:
http://www.1mod6.com/themes/glsBlk/index.php

GrayWolf87
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't get it. Is this for sale or not?

Says on his site to email him about commisioning him to make one but warns its expensive due to amount of work and time put into it.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
more pics here:
http://www.1mod6.com/themes/glsBlk/index.php

I guess I must be missing something then. All I see is the same single pic from the 1st link posted. I don't seem to be able to find any other links when I get to his site other than the links to join. Is that how it works? Do you have to join to see more pics?

GrayWolf87
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
I guess I must be missing something then. All I see is the same single pic from the 1st link posted. I don't seem to be able to find any other links when I get to his site other than the links to join. Is that how it works? Do you have to join to see more pics?

If you click on read more, at the bottom of the text theres a tab for "View Gallery" which contains 68 images

SanShouXMA
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Same here. All I see is one pic and that's it. And it's small. I wonder how much 1mod6 is asking. Probably a lot. Since his batsignal is about $700+

Thrustmaster
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry, i've put the wrong link ^^

http://www.1mod6.com/galleries/batsuit-armory-cage1/

that's it :) or just click at "read more" and then the gallery button on the bottom

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh my dear god that was an absolute triumph!!!!!!!!

:eek :fireworks

nothing left to do now but get down to brass tax & work out a price.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Same here. All I see is one pic and that's it. And it's small. I wonder how much 1mod6 is asking. Probably a lot. Since his batsignal is about $700+

look, I know every thing is hand made & all. But $700.00 for this is crazy! As wicked cool as the thing is, all it really is, is a couple of pole with lots of lil swing arms attached to them & sandwiched between two custom faux concrete slabs. I do agree the ele work requires more attention, but its not rocket science. What lil boy didn't attach some kind of light or generator to a battery as a science project in school?

Look, lets just be real about the whole thing. The meterials & labor are NOT whats driving up the price on a custom like this. The artis wants to be paid for his rendering. & thats cool I can mos def respect that! But just don't piss on my leg & tell me its raining. The artis is good at doing some thing & want to make money doing it, plain & simple.

But I would remind the artist of a lil lesson in economy class i learned a while back.........VOLUME PRICING! Just putting it out there. WAAAAAAAYYY more people can afford a $300.00 custom rather than a $700.00 Food for thought :lecture

gargan
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
If it is available for sale, please put me on the list.

SanShouXMA
05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
look, I know every thing is hand made & all. But $700.00 for this is crazy! As wicked cool as the thing is, all it really is, is a couple of pole with lots of lil swing arms attached to them & sandwiched between two custom faux concrete slabs. I do agree the ele work requires more attention, but its not rocket science. What lil boy didn't attach some kind of light or generator to a battery as a science project in school?

Look, lets just be real about the whole thing. The meterials & labor are NOT whats driving up the price on a custom like this. The artis wants to be paid for his rendering. & thats cool I can mos def respect that! But just don't piss on my leg & tell me its raining. The artis is good at doing some thing & want to make money doing it, plain & simple.

But I would remind the artist of a lil lesson in economy class i learned a while back.........VOLUME PRICING! Just putting it out there. WAAAAAAAYYY more people can afford a $300.00 custom rather than a $700.00 Food for thought :lecture

I agree 100% The sad thing is this isn't the item that is being charged $700 for. That's the Batsignal that's $700. With this needing more attention, work, material, and time I'm afraid that this may be a little more. I contacted 1mod6 a month or so back about commissioning a Batsignal and that's the price he had quoted me. I'm scared to see how much this one will be.... :ohbfrank:

Lee in MI
05-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Well, the initial offering wasn't $700 :rolleyes: He had a list of over, if I remember correctly, 25 people that wanted the bat-signal. After delivering the first 5 or 10, he cancelled all the remaining orders due to time constraints and school...apparently, things have changed.

Now I don't know what is driving the $700 price tag on the bat signal. Could be the ones he sold on ebay :huh Or it could just be the reality of the time and effort it takes to construct one. In any regard, that was certainly NOT the initial price he was asking:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1638135&postcount=2

Sooooo, if $700 bucks is really the new asking price, I can't see this thing being any less than $700...maybe even just north of $1000.

KneelBeforrSmallville
05-29-2010, 12:07 AM
AMAZING WORK!, was working on somthing similar

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-29-2010, 12:10 AM
I agree 100% The sad thing is this isn't the item that is being charged $700 for. That's the Batsignal that's $700. With this needing more attention, work, material, and time I'm afraid that this may be a little more. I contacted 1mod6 a month or so back about commissioning a Batsignal and that's the price he had quoted me. I'm scared to see how much this one will be.... :ohbfrank:

no......I was not mistaken about which item you said is $700.00. Its still my argument that while this like any custom requires talent & time, its still no where justifying it at $700 or over.

IMHO.....$350 TOPS!

vanexel711
05-29-2010, 12:39 AM
My GOD that's beautiful!

blakus939
05-29-2010, 02:26 AM
That looks unbelievable, fantastic work :)

Cap'n Cook
05-29-2010, 02:57 AM

The four of us lucky to order a batsignal in the first place paid nowhere near $700 for them.

The eBay price on the auction one hit that much and I guess 1mod6 quoted you that much to commission one because they are now so extremely limited and would not want to annoy people who managed to get one.

intothevoid
05-29-2010, 04:21 AM
Insane work - 1mod6 you are truly a genius!!

1mod6
05-29-2010, 04:56 AM
Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

Figures when I was nearly complete with my custom armory you would release your's and just blow it out of the water! :D LOL.

You are a custom creation genius bro. That thing looks spot on - and good God, it's remote controlled!? You've again raised the bar. Seriously. Well done.
Sorry buddy, didn't mean to break your spirit :). I'm sure yours will turn out great too, just like your podium :rock.

AMAZING WORK!, was working on somthing similar
Thanks KneelBeforrSmallville, will be looking forward to yours

Pennyworth
05-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Sorry buddy, didn't mean to break your spirit :). I'm sure yours will turn out great too, just like your podium :rock.

:) spirit's not broken, I just realized I still have a ways to go to reach 1MOD6 quality. ;)

Your stuff is always inspiring. Thanks for the podium comment, means a lot from you. :hi5:

SanShouXMA
05-29-2010, 06:33 AM
The four of us lucky to order a batsignal in the first place paid nowhere near $700 for them.

The eBay price on the auction one hit that much and I guess 1mod6 quoted you that much to commission one because they are now so extremely limited and would not want to annoy people who managed to get one.

Well here's hoping that the armory is at a reasonable price and that I can snag one. This piece is amazing. Also I really hope we can get 1mod6 to do a second run on the Batsignals. But from the way he sounds I doubt it.

1mod6 any chance of a second run of the Batsignal if there's enough interest?

G'c
05-29-2010, 06:39 AM
crazy custom 1mod6!!! I am still proud to have your bat-signal.... now I can't wait to get this one!!! (IF you are ever going to release it...) just one suggestion though.... the "printed" weapon parts are just the only nitpick I have... maybe replace it with foam so that it can put real batarangs? That will be perfect!! Hope to hear more about it from you soon! :hi5::clap

Geil
05-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Batsignal is going to be tough cause then Ro would have to rip his head off having paid $700. There is no turning back. As for price on the armory I don't think anyone has the right to put a price/value on it but the maker so if it is too high for you just have to move on and maybe make one yourself or buy the other $250 version. Sorry if you indeed took a class in economics you would know that price is determined by market demand, supply and competition and not by "demanding" it. You really remind me a lot of this other fellow here on this board that I have not seen for a while. Is it actually you, E?!?!?

BTW before someone goes all queeny on me I also wish I could afford and justify his work as I doubt I could ever come this close in quality doing it myself so here it is again my plea. Please go easy on us so more of us can afford it even if it means you have to do a lot more work to make the same amount. You will be admired for it.

Q
05-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Great work....

Warden
05-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Amazing, amazing work. Go ahead and put whatever price you want on it 1mod6, only you know how much hard work you put in to it.

jstep13
05-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Amazing, amazing work. Go ahead and put whatever price you want on it 1mod6, only you know how much hard work you put in to it.

I agree. I feel like if you dont like the price, dont buy it. Its not like he's scalping a figue or something - its his creation, he can charge whatever he wants. If no one buys it, he might adjust the price accordingly, who knows. You dont have to hammer the poor guy about it.

amusedjester
05-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Wow, This is a whole lot better than the other one. More crisper edges, more professional.

haytil
05-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks good. Much better than the other one that was talked about a few weeks back.

My only suggestion would be to offer an alternative to the printout weapons. Everything else - from the cage to the suit to the mask - is three-dimensional. So having the printout really makes it look flat.

On the other hand, having foam with slots in the swivel cabinets, as well as other hooks, would allow collectors to do something with all the batarangs, grappling guns, spiky bombs, and belts we've accumulated over the years (Takara Batman, OC Batman, TDK v1 Batman, DX Batman, etc.)

The concept of ever-escalating prices just because an older buyer paid more for something doesn't make any sense. Prices for things rise, prices for things fall. A customizer may be more or less available or willing, or have more or less access to materials, at any given time.

It would be upsetting if a customizer (or any seller of items) sold items at different prices to different buyers within the same batch, but if someone commissions an artist to make something for a certain price, there's no legitimate reason for the buyer to be upset if years later, someone else commissions a second, identical item, for a lesser of a price. That's the way the world works. Prices rise, prices fall.

There seems to be an attitude around here that the first buyer should have some leverage over the artist's future sales of copies, or that the buyer should be upset if, somewhere down the line, the copies of an item are sold for less money. That attitude doesn't make sense, and I don't see it mirrored anywhere else in the real world - early adopters often pay more, and they usually recognize that.

Additionally, the concept of pegging prices to an auction also makes no sense - the very nature of an auction means that prices are not only inflated, but are understood to be a one time deal.

Commtech
05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
1mod6: Please count me in for one of these (depending on price).

1mod6
05-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Apparently there are some confusion, so let me make it clear: There is and there will be no list for this item.

Regarding the printout weapons; they can be removed and the user can add foam/brackets them self should they wish to.

SanShouXMA
05-30-2010, 07:16 AM
When you say there will be no list for this item. Do you mean you wont be selling any?? That's heart breaking.

Pennyworth
05-30-2010, 10:32 AM
^ It says on his site that if you are interested in commissioning him to do one for you to PM him.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Batsignal is going to be tough cause then Ro would have to rip his head off having paid $700. There is no turning back. As for price on the armory I don't think anyone has the right to put a price/value on it but the maker so if it is too high for you just have to move on and maybe make one yourself or buy the other $250 version. Sorry if you indeed took a class in economics you would know that price is determined by market demand, supply and competition and not by "demanding" it. You really remind me a lot of this other fellow here on this board that I have not seen for a while. Is it actually you, E?!?!?

BTW before someone goes all queeny on me I also wish I could afford and justify his work as I doubt I could ever come this close in quality doing it myself so here it is again my plea. Please go easy on us so more of us can afford it even if it means you have to do a lot more work to make the same amount. You will be admired for it.

Oh dear, have I been miss quoted again. Well lets see if I can't get to the truth. 1st of all volume pricing is indeed a valid concept of any eco class, BUT I NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT DEMAND! & yes you are indeed correct, thanks to the free enterprise of America a person is able to sell any thing for ANY price (I once saw a 1940ies brown shipping box for a train set & dude wanted over 4k for it on ebay).

But it would appear that 1/6 mod is attempting to go mainstream with his customs. I mean he spoke of getting sponsors & all to finance his work right? Well that sounds like a man with a plan to me! BTW I think it great that he has backers willing to put capital in his investment.

Now.....with that being said, when a person steps up to the next level of business like 1/6mod here, it is indeed our right or the right of any one else to assess what they feel his work is worth. Why.....because that's all part of the free enterprise system of America that enables a seller to ask any price. We, as buyers have the right to assess it at any price.

Like my Aunt Rollie says *talks in deep south voice* "friends is friends baby...but business is business". These words have served me well in all my business dealings. Its nothing personal against mod, its only business. :lecture

Darklord Dave
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
A custom is worth what someone is willing to pay vs. how much the artist needs to make it worth his time. If you don't agree, don't buy it, but complaining about it is pointless.

If you tell me my time is worth half of what other people are willing to pay - I'm not going to work for you - and you bellyaching about it isn't going to change that.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
or maybe you shouldn't complain about others who complain.....ever think about that?

or it could be said that 1mod6 should never have posted the item in question.

AMAZING the way humans are always trying to silence each other for the sake of what they feel are noble reasons. Its a public forum people! Here's an analogy: if your shy & sensitive about the size of your manhood, THEN DON'T take part when the frat house guys get loaded & wip theirs out & start comparing.

If you put it out their in life, don't get bent out of shape if you don't get the feedback you were hoping for.

vodoun
05-30-2010, 01:10 PM

That would be stingy. I'm glad he shared it on this forum.

His work shows true craftsmanship unlike the last creator. Now, I'm in no way dissing the last creator that attempted this that went for $250? but everything so far looks quite perfect of this model. No bent bits. Everything looks like what a professional would have built it.

I can see 1mod's model being worth the money. I know I wont be buying it because I know it'll be way out of my price range for something so limited and very few made. This isn't some cheap looking cardboard thing. Not only that I wouldn't even dare ask how much as I can guarantee it'll be way out of my price range. I can really appreciate why it'll cost that because the amount of time he's spent building it.

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-30-2010, 01:17 PM
That would be stingy. I'm glad he shared it on this forum.

His work shows true craftsmanship unlike the last creator. Now, I'm in no way dissing the last creator that attempted this that went for $250? but everything so far looks quite perfect of this model. No bent bits. Everything looks like what a professional would have built it.

I can see 1mod's model being worth the money. I know I wont be buying it because I know it'll be way out of my price range for something so limited and very few made. This isn't some cheap looking cardboard thing. Not only that I wouldn't even dare ask how much as I can guarantee it'll be way out of my price range. I can really appreciate why it'll cost that because the amount of time he's spent building it.

I'm very glad he shared it with us to. When I made that comment, it was ment to bring context & perspective to my argument. Even if dude never sell a single one I'm glade he posted a very cool collectable.

Theokan
05-30-2010, 01:17 PM
You really have to put yourself in the artist's shoes to understand why he charges so much to make one. In the real world if you're as good at your profession as he is making these, you're probably making at least $40 an hour(at least). If you estimate how much work this involves to put together minus the cost of the material, $700 pretty much covers the labor. Honestly why should he even get out of bed for you if you're not gonna cover that cost? When you work for close to 20 hours, how much do you get paid?

I think we're all just too used to living in a world where everything is made in China, this thing might cost you $300 if it were made in a Chinese sweatshop factory where they have access to cheap machines and where they pay the kids ten bucks for the labor. But that's obviously not the case here.

Commtech
05-30-2010, 02:09 PM
You really have to put yourself in the artist's shoes to understand why he charges so much to make one. In the real world if you're as good at your profession as he is making these, you're probably making at least $40 an hour(at least). If you estimate how much work this involves to put together minus the cost of the material, $700 pretty much covers the labor. Honestly why should he even get out of bed for you if you're not gonna cover that cost? When you work for close to 20 hours, how much do you get paid?

Why are some of you insisting it's going to be $700? For all we know he might be charging $400... or $1400. :dunno

INCOM
05-30-2010, 02:25 PM
This is the best Batman custom I've seen!

SUPREMEQUEEN
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
No one said that its GOING TO COST $700. That amount was only put out these by some one who knew how much one of 1mod6's Bat signals cost as a best guess. & once again I must point out that I never said that he SHOULD NOT charge that amount or higher. I only stated what I felt the custom was worth.

IMO the artist clearly needs to work out just where he is going with this business of making customs. It would seem that dude is about to learn his 1st major lesson when dealing with the public. If your gonna keep this a part time hobby that you do to turn an occasional profit, then getting backers & all of what not might not be the best thing to do. I'm just saying.....If I was one of dude's backers I would want MAXIUM PROFIT for the capital I sink in. "Getting out of bed" or the lack there of is soimply not an option when big money is on the line!

And lets face it people....thats always been the worst part of commissioning an artist......EMOTIONAL UNSTEADINESS, SLOTH, & POOR HANDELING OF MONEY. Now if 1mod6 want to charge $700 or higher its his American right to do so. But I nor many other member will be paying that price.

but if he wants to come down to a more reasonable price (that is assuming his price was high to start), then his in box will over flow. How many a day can be made? How much is the production cost? If the need arises that he quit his job to keep up with demand, how much will he be sacrificeing in earned wages vs his profit margin of making armorys full time.

These are all the things 1mod6 will have to take into account before desiding to "go public" (so to speak) with his enterprise. The stark reality is, no business, (no matter how well planed out) is a slam dunk gold mine. There is a fair amount of gamble & risk involved. But just like any good game in Vagas, isn't that when the game starts to get interesting? To quote Galaxy Rangers, "NO GUTS NO GLORY"!

I wish you the best of luck!!

Theokan
05-31-2010, 01:57 AM
That's really just the bane of the whole freelance and commissioning thing, the average person just won't be willing to pay that amount, but most of the time that's really how much it cost to make something yourself without the help of factories and machines to mass produce, and without major discount for the material cost that big companies have.

In a "normal" scenario a company hires an artist and pays his paycheck, in this case lets say $500 for the bat signal. It then gets mass produced and they sell them for lets say $150 per copy, in which case you as a consumer buys a bat signal for $150 and you're a happy camper with no complains, right? Well take out the company and factory and now you're directly paying the artist's paycheck plus non discounted material cost from Blick's Art Supply, which comes out to be roughly $700 per bat signal, that's why it cost so much to commission someone directly. It always has and always will be.

If you ask how much the Bat Armory is worth to the buyers, it's probably worth around $300. But how much it cost to make something like that yourself by hand? At least two to three times that amount. So the artist is basically stuck either selling it for a high enough price where he's well compensated for his time and effort while risk having extremely low sales, or he can low-ball himself til he's basically doing minimum wage labor just to make sure it meets the buyers' demands. Any smart person would rather be well compensated then to work minimum wage just to fill all orders.

Without the company and factory dealing with the sales there is no way one person can meet both ends. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation, if it weren't everyone would work for themselves and compete with big companies at an even level, which is not at all the case. Basically if you image Hot Toys releasing a Batsuit Armory that sells for $300, commissioning an artist would cost at least double to triple that just for the labor.

This is all assuming 1mod6 isn't "high-balling" us in the first place :D

And sorry to derail the whole topic. Excellent piece, just wish I were rich enough to afford it ;)

1mod6
05-31-2010, 02:23 AM
This has been going on for a few pages now, and some people can't take a hint (or read). So let me clarify; I didn't post this here to discus price or what I should/shouldn't do. I post here simply to share my work and bring a little joy to fellow collectors/customizers/TDK-fans and also do my part in giving back to this community.
And I would appreciate people show Darklord Dave a little more respect. It's a public forum indeed, but if it wasn't for him, none of us would be here.

Edit: Just saw your reply Theokan. :lol no I'm not "high-balling". Your analysis is more close to the real world scenario.

vodoun
05-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Where did you get the LED bulbs from? I assume they are the same as the 1/6 Batmobile and Bat-Pod...

namebrand
05-31-2010, 06:01 AM
Very nice!

Geil
05-31-2010, 08:53 AM
or maybe you shouldn't complain about others who complain.....ever think about that?

AMAZING the way humans are always trying to silence each other for the sake of what they feel are noble reasons. Its a public forum people! Here's an analogy: if your shy & sensitive about the size of your manhood, THEN DON'T take part when the frat house guys get loaded & wip theirs out & start comparing.

If you put it out their in life, don't get bent out of shape if you don't get the feedback you were hoping for.

This is a public forum you are indeed correct. However providing an analogy that barely fits the actual situation is rather pointless. Nobody is denying that this is a public forum but please act like it is an actual public area. How about a better analogy I highly doubt you would go up to an actor or artist in a comic tradeshow with all your fellow collectors surrounding you and you scream out in their face that they should be charging only so and so for a signature or drawing. Any normal person would just move on.
So what is the real difference? You are making only statements in this nature not because this medium being public but rather you being able to make it anonymously and therefor it is ok for you to act without any respect and before you say I quote you out of context here are the highlights. Now I think I was able to still make my statements in a respectful manner but it may still sting

no......I was not mistaken about which item you said is $700.00. Its still my argument that while this like any custom requires talent & time, its still no where justifying it at $700 or over.

IMHO.....$350 TOPS!

No one said that its GOING TO COST $700. That amount was only put out these by some one who knew how much one of 1mod6's Bat signals cost as a best guess. & once again I must point out that I never said that he SHOULD NOT charge that amount or higher. I only stated what I felt the custom was worth.

IMO the artist clearly needs to work out just where he is going with this business of making customs. It would seem that dude is about to learn his 1st major lesson when dealing with the public. If your gonna keep this a part time hobby that you do to turn an occasional profit, then getting backers & all of what not might not be the best thing to do. I'm just saying.....If I was one of dude's backers I would want MAXIUM PROFIT for the capital I sink in. "Getting out of bed" or the lack there of is soimply not an option when big money is on the line!

And lets face it people....thats always been the worst part of commissioning an artist......EMOTIONAL UNSTEADINESS, SLOTH, & POOR HANDELING OF MONEY. Now if 1mod6 want to charge $700 or higher its his American right to do so. But I nor many other member will be paying that price.

but if he wants to come down to a more reasonable price (that is assuming his price was high to start), then his in box will over flow. How many a day can be made? How much is the production cost? If the need arises that he quit his job to keep up with demand, how much will he be sacrificeing in earned wages vs his profit margin of making armorys full time.

These are all the things 1mod6 will have to take into account before desiding to "go public" (so to speak) with his enterprise. The stark reality is, no business, (no matter how well planed out) is a slam dunk gold mine. There is a fair amount of gamble & risk involved. But just like any good game in Vagas, isn't that when the game starts to get interesting? To quote Galaxy Rangers, "NO GUTS NO GLORY"!

I wish you the best of luck!!

KingGrayskull
05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Intresting thread. :blah

BTW: Dont want to get much off topic but 1mod6, your armory cage isnt bad either. ;) Where did you find the graphics for the sides? They are exactly what I was looking for.

Geil
05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
How are you kidding you are more on topic than most of us :lol
Stupid off topic part caused me to forget to actually ask for an actual price to see if I can actually justify getting this or not

SanShouXMA
05-31-2010, 11:03 AM
OK. I didn't mean to bring the issue of price and start a whole thing about what things are worth. All I said was I hope this thing isn't going to cost as much as the Batsignal now. Would it be worth it?? Heck yea it would be. But as we all know his is a hobby and it would suck if I had to take a second mortgage out to get it. I also believe that a piece should be charge what its worth which is everyone else's opinion. So with that said can we all move on to the piece at question. And move away from the $$$ side of this.

Darklord Dave
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
anyhoo - we're getting off topic - the thread is about the custom - any conversation about price should only be between 1Mod6 and anyone who wants to commission one.

1mod6
06-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Where did you get the LED bulbs from? I assume they are the same as the 1/6 Batmobile and Bat-Pod...
Those LEDs are from my buddy Elektro's collection :). If I'm not mistaken they are standard LEDs. I don't have the batmobile or batpod:(, so I don't know if they are the same.

Very nice!
Thanks NameBrand

Intresting thread. :blah

BTW: Dont want to get much off topic but 1mod6, your armory cage isnt bad either. ;) Where did you find the graphics for the sides? They are exactly what I was looking for.
:). I regenerated the graphics from the movie it self.

KingGrayskull
06-01-2010, 02:09 PM
:). I regenerated the graphics from the movie it self.

That makes it even more impressive for me as I tried it myself but never saw the two belts on the left side... :gah:

Once again, congratulations to another master piece! :hi5:

Whats comming next from you? Hope you will still be posting it here despite of the (pointless) price discussions... I always enjoy your work.:1-1: (Heres hope for the mointors):pray:

JLee
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
That is amazing! Sweet looking set-up. I wish I had room (not to mention the cash) to display stuff like this...

killerqueen
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
i never seen before

cool

1mod6
06-03-2010, 03:11 AM
That makes it even more impressive for me as I tried it myself but never saw the two belts on the left side... :gah:

Once again, congratulations to another master piece! :hi5:

Whats comming next from you? Hope you will still be posting it here despite of the (pointless) price discussions... I always enjoy your work.:1-1: (Heres hope for the mointors):pray:
Thanks for the support buddy, and don't worry, I'll be around :).

That is amazing! Sweet looking set-up. I wish I had room (not to mention the cash) to display stuff like this...
Thanks JLee

i never seen before

cool
Thanks KillerQueen

SUPREMEQUEEN
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
this thread is clearly a solisitation, so questioning price is very logical. Also Geil is only defending 1mod6 with such heated passion because he is scared all his customers that pay inflated custom fees will wake up from the "spell" he & other customizers have cast over their fans.

I will agree that craft shops (thanks to Martha freakin Steward making crafting so damn popular), have inflated their prices to crazy levels. But for whats advertized (& yes its an advertizment) I just don't see this costing over $350.00

& Geil if you think im "screaming" at people that would be your guilt of over charging your fellow members causing paranoia.

truth hurts going in.

Geil
06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
this thread is clearly a solisitation, so questioning price is very logical. Also Geil is only defending 1mod6 with such heated passion because he is scared all his customers that pay inflated custom fees will wake up from the "spell" he & other customizers have cast over their fans.

I will agree that craft shops (thanks to Martha freakin Steward making crafting so damn popular), have inflated their prices to crazy levels. But for whats advertized (& yes its an advertizment) I just don't see this costing over $350.00

& Geil if you think im "screaming" at people that would be your guilt of over charging your fellow members causing paranoia.

truth hurts going in.

I think only you got heated up and then decided to throw around some general statement with some misfit of an analogy but here is the recap

Its a public forum people! Here's an analogy: if your shy & sensitive about the size of your manhood, THEN DON'T take part when the frat house guys get loaded & wip theirs out & start comparing.
Again my reply:

Nobody is denying that this is a public forum but please act like it is an actual public area. How about a better analogy I highly doubt you would go up to an actor or artist in a comic tradeshow with all your fellow collectors surrounding you and you scream out in their face that they should be charging only so and so for a signature or drawing. Any normal person would just move on.
So what is the real difference? You are making only statements in this nature not because this medium being public but rather you being able to make it anonymously and therefor it is ok for you to act without any respect
Now I hope more ppl woke up from our spell ;)

Truth does hurt and the truth is you can debate and try to influence the price all you want or you can go make your own and sell it at your proposed price in volume and make a killing. Now that would be real economics cause talk really does not do it.:dunno

intothevoid
06-05-2010, 03:47 AM
This is a work of art that is easily worth the price being asked. The amount of hard work and talent needed to create this demands the price being asked. If you can't afford it, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't meant it isn't worth it.

SUPREMEQUEEN
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
This is a work of art that is easily worth the price being asked. The amount of hard work and talent needed to create this demands the price being asked. If you can't afford it, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't meant it isn't worth it.

so how much is it then? we'er all dieing to know.

intothevoid
06-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Look if you really want to know how much it is please email / PM 1mod6. Not my place to put the price in the public domain. Unfortunately, I can't afford it at this time plus I have a pretty good version of the armoury myself (but not as good as this) so can't justify trying to sell that off and to buy this.

SUPREMEQUEEN
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
**giggles** you know whats so funny. the way folks are treating the thing like its a priceless work of art. because as far as I know only ritzy art sales are ever discussed in "closed door hush hush" fashion.

buttmunch I'd rather you abuse your NAZI POWERS & delete my post rather than it suffer the molestation of your EDIT BUTTON.

If you wanna coddle the weak minded then help your self, but don't manipulate my words to medicate all the defenceless minds that wonder the net.

KingGrayskull
06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
--- Edit --- no poison here... Sorry. :peace

GodofWar
06-09-2010, 06:31 PM
I truly love this Batsuit/Armory. In my honest opinion, the detail on this is superb. An absolute masterpiece! I'm very interested in having one of these in my collection. 1mod6, I did send you an email for more information. Please let me know. ;)

G'c
06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
**giggles** you know whats so funny. the way folks are treating the thing like its a priceless work of art. because as far as I know only ritzy art sales are ever discussed in "closed door hush hush" fashion.

buttmunch I'd rather you abuse your NAZI POWERS & delete my post rather than it suffer the molestation of your EDIT BUTTON.

If you wanna coddle the weak minded then help your self, but don't manipulate my words to medicate all the defenceless minds that wonder the net.

mm been watching this price debate thing for quite a while....don't mean to say you are wrong supremequeen, I do understand where you are coming from.. But I guess 1mod6 could decide whether he wants to disclose the price or not for whatever reasons, and it has nothing to do with whether this product is junk (which of course it isn't) or a work of art. The other members simply respected 1mod6 on this matter so they don't want to disclose it as well. Just talk to 1mod6, he is a really nice guy and will answer your questions in a polite and thoughtful manner.

I did know the price but respecting 1mod6, I won't disclose on this forum. Hope you will not be offended or be worried about the price issue. Let's just enjoy/comment on the work, even I don't have enough dough to pay for it!! :)

EdwardNashton1
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
It really sucks. Every time I see something you make I can only look at it and fantasize about what it would be like to have it, because I can't afford the sky-high prices......especially as a high schooler.

1mod6
07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi all, I’ve finished building another Batsuit/armory Cage and took some new pics.
You can view the gallery at http://www.1mod6.com. Hope you like :).
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage43.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

Commtech
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Amazing!!!

EdwardNashton1
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I want to cry...

Pennyworth
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
The new pictures are great! :clap Loving the sequence bro :rock

GrayWolf87
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Very cool pics! :clap That thing still looks amazing :rock

Hirogen
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I can't get over how amazing this is. You did a great job!

Rackemup
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
$700 is a bit much... but if i had the mula i would get it. lol

Maglor
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I want to cry...

^^^^^ +1

There is no gif or emoticon that can express my feelings about this piece.

Simply at a loss for words...

vodoun
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm loving the work on what looks to be stone. The whole thing really is stunning plus the led lights built in flush. Shame the led bulbs are blue. Has anyone tried making them orange like? well that warmer look to them. Thats what I don't like about Hot Toys vehicles the colour of the bulbs.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3446/dk0014bt6.jpg

EdwardNashton1
07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
^^^^^ +1

There is no gif or emoticon that can express my feelings about this piece.

Simply at a loss for words...

Not only that but the fact that I will probably never get one as long as 1mod6 is the only one making them :crying

1mod6
07-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it.

I'm loving the work on what looks to be stone. The whole thing really is stunning plus the led lights built in flush. Shame the led bulbs are blue. Has anyone tried making them orange like? well that warmer look to them. Thats what I don't like about Hot Toys vehicles the colour of the bulbs.

Glad you like it Vodoun. The LEDs are not blue; they are white. I guess the camera of my mobile-phone makes it look blue. Personally I like the blue effect, including those from the tumbler (which I assume are also white).
As for the real batsuit/armory cage, the lights are also white and not orange/warm color. On some promo pics like the one you posted, they used a brownish filter that makes everything look more brownish/orange/warm.

1mod6
09-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi guys, I’ve finished building another Batsuit/armory Cage; the third one. Took some fresh pictures and a quick video too. You can view them at my site www.1mod6.com Enjoy :).
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage23.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

intothevoid
09-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks immense. Great work as usual

1mod6
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Looks immense. Great work as usual
Size does matter :lol. Glad you liked it.

1mod6
11-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi all, I’ve took some new pics of the Batsuit/armory Cage I just finish building.
You can view the gallery at my site www.1mod6.com Enjoy :).
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage8.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

joebad
11-20-2010, 11:50 AM
AMAZING! :clap

lambo944
11-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi all, I’ve took some new pics of the Batsuit/armory Cage I just finish building.
You can view the gallery at my site www.1mod6.com Enjoy :).
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage8.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

Thats soo cool, very nice work!

Ps in the gallery what cape was that on your dx batman? was it the takara one?

EdwardNashton1
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
so magnificent. I could cry because I'll never have one :monkey2

1mod6
11-22-2010, 04:38 AM
AMAZING! :clap
Thanks JoeBad.

Thats soo cool, very nice work!

Ps in the gallery what cape was that on your dx batman? was it the takara one?
Thanks Lambo944, the cape is custom-made by lforigno. You can pm him to see if he has more.

so magnificent. I could cry because I'll never have one :monkey2
Thanks EdwardNygma1.

intothevoid
11-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Looks insane as usual! Incredible stuff, can't wait to see what you do next! :)

1mod6
11-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Looks insane as usual! Incredible stuff, can't wait to see what you do next! :)
Thanks Void.
Next??... I wouldn't know anything about that :naughty

1mod6
05-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Hi all, Just completed another Batsuit/armory Cage. Pics on my site www.1mod6.com
Enjoy!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/batsuit-armory%20cage/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage5.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

1mod6
05-06-2011, 05:56 AM
There's also a picture set of the last Batsuit/armory Cage together with the my latest custom made TDK Workstation (just posted in the DC custom section).

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/1mod6/Workstation%20Desk%20with%20monitors/1mod6-Batsuit-armory-Cage-and-Workstation-Desk-with-Monitors.jpg (http://www.1mod6.com/)

jayveeeusebio
05-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Wow! :horror Bravo dude, bravo! :clap

Someone here is selling a custom 1/6 Batsuit armory for $300+ I think so I'm not that surprised but the workstation is unbelievable! Looks so real! Great job on customizing these Batstuff! :hi5:

1mod6
05-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Wow! :horror Bravo dude, bravo! :clap

Someone here is selling a custom 1/6 Batsuit armory for $300+ I think so I'm not that surprised but the workstation is unbelievable! Looks so real! Great job on customizing these Batstuff! :hi5:

Thanks Jayveeeusebio, Glad you liked it.

blakus939
05-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Mind bogglingly epic. Like biblical proportions of win :D

Pennyworth
05-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Super duper awesome...your stuff is so amazingly good bud!

Thrustmaster
05-06-2011, 07:07 AM
spectacular buddy. I'm loving it :)

Mr. EcKo
05-06-2011, 07:45 AM
:horror:horror Your work is amazing , mind blowing , flawless , :clap:clap

Man your attention to detail is ridiculous - i just went through your website and such TDK epicness in there man :panic:

1mod6
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
hehehe, sounds like the TDK religion :lol. thanks buddy.

Super duper awesome...your stuff is so amazingly good bud!
Thanks buddy, I had to do my best to make you go back to your garage so you can make one too. Now hurry up. :panic:

spectacular buddy. I'm loving it :)
Glad you liked it buddy.

:horror Your work is amazing , mind blowing , flawless , :clap

Man your attention to detail is ridiculous - i just went through your website and such TDK epicness in there man :panic:
You're ridiculous:mad: :rotfl Thanks for the praises buddy, I really appreciate it. And yes, there's too much TDK on my site. I'll have to do something about that:naughty

vodoun
05-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Lenny! Big man!

myersfarms
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Dogs and Cats Living Together, Mass Hysteria!