What's on your wrist?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBA

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of watch do you wear? Have never really worn them before, but got one as a gift recently and am really digging it. Interested in seeing what style you freaks are rocking, or if you just use your iphones/cellphones to keep the time these days :lol

i've used a pocket watch for years. i hate wrist watches. you wear a wrist watch outside in summer for 20 minutes and you got a watch shaped tan line that won't go away for the rest of the year.

Yup. Blackberry does that job now. I won't buy another watch unless it can function as a timepiece, GPS and weather station all in one. I have two Franklin Mint pocketwatches, but they don't leave their boxes.

My current time piece. A "fresh start" present from my mother.

watch.jpg

I agree to some extent, today watches aren't as necessary and are more so a form of jewelry.
However I will counter-argue that cell phones are excessive and overused. I don't need an i-phone or android that has enough games and useless gadgets to babysit small children. That's what my PC is for. :)

I agree completely about the excessiveness/over-use of cell phones. So much so that my wife and I decided not to use them anymore a couple years ago, because we don't like being hostage to the damn things. Our current cell phone is a pay-by-the-minute deal that I haven't used in months. I can't use it as a watch, though, because it only stays charged for about 30 minutes.

This is my watch:

DSC00317.JPG

I feel incomplete without my watch and I almost never leave the house without it. :rock :rock :rock
I never look at the time on my phone. Why go through the trouble of fishing your phone out of your pocket, bag or whatever when you can just look at your wrist? :duh

I don't wear one. I just look at my phone.

Watches are nothing but jewelry now.

No... phones are the "new jewelry"... watches still serve the same simple function they've always served, and do it quite well!

...I will counter-argue that cell phones are excessive and overused. I don't need an i-phone or android that has enough games and useless gadgets to babysit small children. That's what my PC is for. :)

Exactly! I have a cell phone (forced on me by my company) but I only use it for calls, and then, not many of them.

Watches > Phones

:exactly:

I own a Movado. Never wear it though (only on special occasions).

I'm currently wearing a Fossil watch similar to this one ...

41LkmF3dNKL.jpg

I'd like to get either an Omega Seamaster ...

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-james-bond-watch.jpg

... or MTM Blackhawk ...

MTM_BLACK_HAWK_WATCH_max192w.jpg

mtm-special-ops-watch-profile.jpg

... in the near future, though.

SnakeDoc

Same here.

I actually can't stand having anything on my body other than clothes. Watches, rings, hats, even sunglasses. They all annoy me, and I only wear them out of neccesity. With my phone on me at all times, the watch is never a neccesity.

Same here.

I actually can't stand having anything on my body other than clothes. Watches, rings, hats, even sunglasses. They all annoy me, and I only wear them out of neccesity. With my phone on me at all times, the watch is never a neccesity.

Haha. I am exactly the opposite.

If I leave house any less than fully-stocked, I feel weird. I wear a watch everywhere, two rings (wedding ring and law school class ring), carry at least one pocket knife (sometimes two), two jump drives, keys, wallet, blackberry and holster, black gel pen, and sometimes a concealed handgun and spare clip.

My watch ran out of batteries two days ago, and I still wear it because I feel lopsided without it on. The wife mocks me for being overstocked ... but she's always quick to look to me when she needs to borrow a knife to open something.

SnakeDoc

Same boat... I like watches, but don't feel like spending extra $$$ on them. I'm now fully conditioned to looking at my phone for all my time telling needs :lol

i've been wearing swatches the last 10 years or so, but at the moment they're all broke. :lol I still love them though. Once I wore a swatch skin I never wanted to wear a different watch.

Back