Color on Built In Shelving

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm converting a wall in my office into a built in shelving unit with glass doors and 6" can lights above each section.

The question is I am tentatively looking at painting the room a deep/darker red. My question is I cannot come to a solid conclusion on what to paint the inside of each shelf area where my statues will go.

It's either going to be white or black.
My initial thought was black because I thought that would make the statues pop better, but then I know darker colors absorb light more so would that make my can lights not seem as impactful?

Any opinions or reasons why one might work better than another, functionally or aesthetically?

black is way better then white,trust me, black will accent your figures really well and the light wont reflect off the black wich it will do if its white.the light will highlight the figures.black is the only way to go,and if your room is red then the black shelves will look really good.

Go Black. I have a mirror backed Curio and a Black Billy bookcase. My statues in the black Billy bookcase display better than in the mirrored curio.

Back