besides duke...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlepower73

Super Freak
Reaction score
besides duke.
what sideshow pieces are using the new,new version of the prometheus body. the body is different. to bad sideshow does sell these so we can update the indiana jones bodies..

As good as the new body is, I still dont like the fact that the Joes will be out of scale. There is a big height discrepency, between the original Pro and the new 1.2.

The new Snakes and CC will likely come on new bodies, which just leaves SS and the Troopers/Officers as being the shorties. Their bodies can always be swapped months or even years later if they don't look right next to the others.

The new Snakes and CC will likely come on new bodies, which just leaves SS and the Troopers/Officers as being the shorties. Their bodies can always be swapped months or even years later if they don't look right next to the others.

Plus Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes (unless you put him on Wesker's body or find the Ankle extensions.

Look at Duke and compare him to the rest of the already released Joes(If you keep the Joes in the pro body).

You mean, Snake Eyes? :lol

I have my SE on the ST-1 body and it's identical in height to the Pro. Personally, I never really pictures Snake Eyes being 6' tall anyway so it works. When you take into account the Cobras we've gotten, their height really isn't an issue either. Cobra Commander (switched mine over to an ST-1 body as well) and Storm Shadow are fine on the smaller Pro. Destro has yet to be announced, but he should be on the bigger body. Flint will be on a larger Pro. Not sure about Firefly, but IMO, he doesn't need to be. Neither does Beachhead. The shorter Pro actually fits his personality better.

You mean, Snake Eyes? :lol

I have my SE on the ST-1 body and it's identical in height to the Pro. Personally, I never really pictures Snake Eyes being 6' tall anyway so it works. When you take into account the Cobras we've gotten, their height really isn't an issue either. Cobra Commander (switched mine over to an ST-1 body as well) and Storm Shadow are fine on the smaller Pro. Destro has yet to be announced, but he should be on the bigger body. Flint will be on a larger Pro. Not sure about Firefly, but IMO, he doesn't need to be. Neither does Beachhead. The shorter Pro actually fits his personality better.

But your basing your opinion on how you see the figures and their personalities. Ofcourse we all have our vision of how a character should be. What Im saying is that in the comics, what we consider canon, SE is 6.1. So the Pro and the ST-1 is too short next to the new pro.

But your basing your opinion on how you see the figures and their personalities. Ofcourse we all have our vision of how a character should be. What Im saying is that in the comics, what we consider canon, SE is 6.1. So the Pro and the ST-1 is too short next to the new pro.

Filecard > Comics but I consider the comics cannon too, probably moreso than a fat chunk of the people here, and I have no idea of where you're getting Snake Eyes' height from. I have absolutely no memory of reading it in the comic books and have never seen it on a vintage file card. So if you're gonna play that hand, please share your source.

The GI Joe vs. Cobra offical handbook list
Snake Eyes 5'11" 175 lbs
Storm Shadow 5'10" 168 lbs
Gung Ho 6' 200 lbs
Destro 6'2" 228 lbs
Heavy Duty 6'8" 280 lbs
Duke 6'1" 190 lbs
Cobra Commander 6' 178 lbs
Stalker 6' 202 lbs
Cobra Viper 5'10" 177 lbs average
Scarlett 5'7" 120 lbs
Zartan 5'10' 176 lbs
Beach Head 6' 182 lbs
Dr. Mindbender 6'1" 193 lbs
Flint 5'10" 185 lbs
Baroness 5'5" 110 lbs
Tunnel Rat 5'9" 153 lbs
Firefly 5'9" 170 lbs

The GI Joe vs. Cobra offical handbook list
Snake Eyes 5'11" 175 lbs
Storm Shadow 5'10" 168 lbs
Gung Ho 6' 200 lbs
Destro 6'2" 228 lbs
Heavy Duty 6'8" 280 lbs
Duke 6'1" 190 lbs
Cobra Commander 6' 178 lbs
Stalker 6' 202 lbs
Cobra Viper 5'10" 177 lbs average
Scarlett 5'7" 120 lbs
Zartan 5'10' 176 lbs
Beach Head 6' 182 lbs
Dr. Mindbender 6'1" 193 lbs
Flint 5'10" 185 lbs
Baroness 5'5" 110 lbs
Tunnel Rat 5'9" 153 lbs
Firefly 5'9" 170 lbs

Thanks, my mistake on height on SE. But still, 5'11" to 6'1" is not a big difference. Compare the new pro to the regular pro or the ST-1, the difference is alot greater.

Maybe clever on Sideshows part to make sure everyone gets the new version.

Maybe they realized the original pro wasnt up to par.

...or just maybe they wanted to start the line with the most popular character in the license and the normal Pro is all they had at the time. :huh

I agree, especially for that version of SE, the Pro wasn't a good choice (hell, most of us have swapped it out). But it's all they had at the time. I think the critique would've been considerably less had they gone with the Version 1 Snake Eyes and given him the commando sweater as the lacking physique would've been less pronounced under the sweater.

...or just maybe they wanted to start the line with the most popular character in the license and the normal Pro is all they had at the time. :huh

I agree, especially for that version of SE, the Pro wasn't a good choice (hell, most of us have swapped it out). But it's all they had at the time. I think the critique would've been considerably less had they gone with the Version 1 Snake Eyes and given him the commando sweater as the lacking physique would've been less pronounced under the sweater.

That is most likely the case. But it wouldnt surprise me to find out that the big wigs at SS actually thought SE looked awesome in that body.

Tiny height variations is okay with me. Not every male I know is the exact same height, so it adds a bit of realism to have figs with slight height and size differences.

Back