Maul's Shipping Box - WHY!?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector Freak

Super Freak
Reaction score
UGH!!!! I hate shipping boxes like this. I don't need to announce to the world what I have shipped to me. That huge picture of Darth Maul isn't exactly discreet.

2909_press12-001.jpg

In the future, Sideshow, please DON'T print anything that is not necessary on the outer shipping box! :banghead

They did this with the SSE Frankenstein PF figure and in an official chat during SDCC last year, said they would probably not do it again because so many people complained. The problem is that someone is more likely to steal this box than a plan brown one with just text. Of course, now that they require a signature on items over $100, there may be less chance of that happening... :horror

Do you have to sign for that one? Otherwise I'd be afraid of some Trekkie breaking it if it was left on my porch. Seems like wasted ink cost tho.

Actually, I can appreciate the concern. I have some big items shipped to work, and 'not everyone knows about my "hobbie/habit" but it was easier to just get an anonymous big box and have it be discrete. This is discrete like a sledgehammer. So what if it said LOTR Mumak on the side, to most of my coworkers that is a foreign language!

Man, that was hilarious. When I first saw that, I thought I was looking at the actual product box and nearly died laughing.

I agree that I don't want the whole world seeing what's in my mail. Blank outer boxes, please!

I agree for the reasons of not wanting others to steal my stuff otherwise I don't care what others think nor care if they know what I'm getting.

That's really not a good idea, to print the box like that. Yeah, it looks nice, but it's going to probably be thrown out anyway so it won't really matter. Besides that, it's shouting out to everyone who sees it on it's way to delivery: "Hey, I'm worth big buck$! Just take me, no one will notice!" Relly, there are many people that steal stuff that way.

I'm so glad I didn't order this. It's bad enough that the name is printed clearly on everything without a picture as well.

Collector Freak said:
Anyone else also find it interesting that even the poduct picture shows a damaged/worn box? :rolleyes:

Don't they actually test ship the products in advance to be sure that the packaging protects the thing adequately? This one has probably been to Delaware and back so they can see whether or not the bust survived intact or whether they need to make some adjustments to the packing materials.

tomandshell said:
Don't they actually test ship the products in advance to be sure that the packaging protects the thing adequately? This one has probably been to Delaware and back so they can see whether or not the bust survived intact or whether they need to make some adjustments to the packing materials.

I believe your correct Tom. Hey, look nobody stole it either. LOL:wacky

All I can say is that when the Premium Format Justin Timberlake figure ships, I don't want my neighbors knowing what's in that box!

Honestly, anybody who knows me knows that I love both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. They would not at all be surprised to know what's in my shipping boxes.

Who cares about the box? That's a reason not to order a $600 collectible?
Wow....Just...Wow. :confused:

Agreed and you have to sign for it anyways. So what's the deal with everyone's paranoia about their package getting stolen? Can not get stolen if you have to sign for it right?

SKARY said:
Agreed and you have to sign for it anyways. So what's the deal with everyone's paranoia about their package getting stolen? Can not get stolen if you have to sign for it right?

I don't sign for any Sideshow packages.

Back