Get Exc. Doom NOW!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
According to the SS home page you have a "really,really good" chance of getting an ex. Doom if you go on the wait list.....Soooo...if you a kicking yourself for not getting the exc. this may be you chance to get one....I wonder if SS had alot of cancelations, and why?

That's a bit of a kick in the nuts.

They oversold, increased the edition size, and now they can't sell them all!
Although, it is good for the people that still want one - why aren't they already on the wait list?

I already have mine anyway, so I'm happy. Don't miss this opportunity!

As amazing as it looks, I just can't afford another $350 right now. Not with 2 Vaders, the X-men vs Sentinel, and all the other crap I've gotten of eBay the past month. It looks great but I just don't care about Fantastic Four.

This is correct. I put myself on the Wait List 10 days ago and my order got converted yesterday. I am not the only one as you can read on the "Wait List on Fire" thread.

I wonder how many they counted on inventory. They might as well put them up as "Second Chance" with a counter to let people know. Unless is a VERY low number available...

I think it's great for the people who missed out. So, maybe they shoudn't have increased the edition size, but at least they can make more people happy.
I think Sideshow will have learned that so many releases at the same time, isn't really handy.....people will choose.

I think the real "kick" would have been putting him back up on the site for a general second chance sale to the public after controversially upping the edition size due to the SDCC walkup orders. I imagine that they have enough left over to do just that, but advertising the wait list is a way to get the word out and get the leftovers sold in the least upsetting way possible for anybody who is still upset over the ES increase.

In general, I think folks have moved on and forgotten about it by now. Everybody is just enjoying this great piece, and those who really want it now have a chance to pick it up. If I were going to get it, I would want the exclusive for sure.

rogueboy said:
...I think Sideshow will have learned that so many releases at the same time, isn't really handy.....people will choose.

That's what happens when delays cause this bottleneck effect where all these items want to come out at one time. I don't think there is much that can be done about it given the nature of the hobby. I always add a month or two depending on the complexity of these pieces when it comes to release dates...

Only thing you can do as a consumer is save your money for those pieces you really want regardless of the release date. Either that or take your chances on ebay. At least is worth it when we open those boxes... :angelsmil

That's the big problem, the saving business ;). A lot of people spend the bucks on something else, if there's a delay. Me? Of course not :angelsmil ....

As beautiful as this piece is, I'm going to have to pass. My CC is getting out of hand and I just moved which isn't helping things. With everything that's coming out it looks like I may have to decide whether to get certain pieces or go to SDCC. Anyone here kind enough to help a brother out and get some exclusives at SDCC for me?

I assume the number of exclusives they had was very limited. The message in the front page has been changed from the "very, very good chance to get an exclusive" one to:

"Many collectors who have taken advantage of our wait list reservations have met with success! The wait list for the regular edition of Doctor Doom is still taking reservations. If you missed purchasing this item for you collection, sign up today!"

ok s.o.b.'s after noticing this piece after browsing the SS site a few weeks ago and thinking it looked remarkable i checked out the forum and saw more pics and heard more praise and well, i caved and put myself on the waitlist for the exclusive. dang you, dang you all.

Vader AL said:
ok s.o.b.'s after noticing this piece after browsing the SS site a few weeks ago and thinking it looked remarkable i checked out the forum and saw more pics and heard more praise and well, i caved and put myself on the waitlist for the exclusive. dang you, dang you all.

You poor soul. You have no idea what awesomeness is heading your way... :monkey3

You think you know but you don't. The pics are nothing compared to it in person. :D

Good luck on the Wait List.

The SDCC mix up was plain and simple an accident so they tried to fix it by uping the ES a little. They even apologized for this so it wasn't like they tried to mess with anyone. The reason some are back up is because people aren't patient enough to wait for it and spend money on other things.

Back