putting 2 Detolfs together - anyone try it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking that if you leave one glass wall off of a Detolf and put 2 together you can put PFs together such as Vader and Obi-wan. Anyone try it?

Also I'm looking for making the shelves in a Detolf adjustable. They could fit 3 PFs if you could just move the shelves.

Anyone do either of those? Does it work?

Dave - the way the wood base and top work on the Detolf (sticking out about 3/4 of an inch), there would be a gap between the glass sides. The Detolf may also be somewhat destabilized with only two glass panels supporting the whole thing (the door panel provides no real support). But don't know if others have experimented with this.

I was thinking that if you leave one glass wall off of a Detolf and put 2 together you can put PFs together such as Vader and Obi-wan. Anyone try it?

Also I'm looking for making the shelves in a Detolf adjustable. They could fit 3 PFs if you could just move the shelves.

Anyone do either of those? Does it work?

I know there's a tutorial somewhere out there on how to adjust detolf shelves. It involves removing/modding the side support bars and using zipties to secure them. Found it https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60352&highlight=adjustable+detolf

That mod thread is exactly the type of thing for this subforum. Some great ideas in there.

I've considered remaking the top & bottom of a Detolf as though it was almost three wide, so that 2 detolfs could make one 3 wide version, the 2 inner side panels would be turned 90o to create a new centre & back panel, This would just require new shelves making to go across the new width. I was going to make two of the "Super Detolfs" but the idea was killed as where I was going to put them was to short by 100mm. I have the drawing on my other PC will post. As far as changing shelf height I had this done for my 1:1 Endoskull to fit in a detolf we had to cut the old bars off and weld a new crossbar on for supporting the weight
attachment.php

The new shelves are aprox 20mm lower

attachment.php

not a great image but you should get the idea

Last edited:
if you've got a table saw, you can run the blade along a longer piece of wood that the glass walls would slide into.
so essentially you'd have a solid one piece of wood along the top and bottom of the display unit.

Another thought I had was to just get the wire frame remade with the shelves at different heights, as currently I have my 1:1 SW helmets in my detolfs they take 2 shelf spaces each waisting space,
the basic frame are only 6mm wire which is cheap enough, I just need someone to cut, weld the shelves & tap the ends. If I had the top shelf made to 20inch that would allow most SW helmets as Vader is 19" and allow me 3 shelves under, it's just a question do you make the shelves under even or make the bottom shelf lower?

I honestly think modding the Detolf in that way will seriously (like stated above) make the whole thing unstable . The top and bottom pieces of wood are notched so the glass panels fit inside and then secured at both end with the allen screws , making it "one solid piece" . The Detolfs are only $59.99 , cheap enough to experiment with . Dave you would be a brave man to try and mod it and i would love to see it done . I hope you achieve what you wanna do .

What i would do is try and shop for a bigger display case , you are gunna pay more $$$ though :hi5: GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND

That looks amazing! Great job! What kind of LED's are you using?

Back