Has anyone dared to de-throne Doom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
So on close examination of Doom it seems that he is hollow and the bottom is a seperate piece glued into place. Anyone pried this off to see how Doom is attached to the throne? I'd be curious to see - of course, without risking my own Doom...

I think this is one we should ask Sideshow to dissassemble for us at SDCC like they did with LAM last year....

I'll bet they could post pics in the prod. blog of the piece break down like they did the Iron Man.
I'd love to see them

Wow, I would be surprised doom is hollow, he is so damn heavy:confused: ....but I guess if the throne is solid...that could make up for a hollow doom. I vote Darklord Dave takes his apart. :D Also, has anyone noticed you have to be real careful picking up the goblet from the pedestal. That magnet is so strong it would be easy to rip the cup straight off the stem.:horror Always pick up the cup from the base...

Azog said:
I think this is one we should ask Sideshow to dissassemble for us at SDCC like they did with LAM last year....
They still are over-stocked, aren't they :D ....

I would not recommend de-throning Doom.

He's attached to the base very well, and removing him could potentially destroy the entire piece. When they join two pieces of polystone together, they usually do it with more polystone, so the whole thing is pretty much impossible to dissasembel without damaging it.

The throne is made up of several sections, and there is an area i the middle that is hollow. But this didn't help bring the weight down on the piece.

I've got a broken one here, i'll have to see about putting together an entry on the Blog about it.

I'd really like to be able to remove him from the throne, but I'll take your word on it. A blog entry on breaking down Doom would definitely be of interest!

I'd like to see that in the blog as well.

Dave why do you want to remove Doom so bad?:confused:

jlcmsu said:
I'd like to see that in the blog as well.

Dave why do you want to remove Doom so bad?:confused:

Maybe he wants to try out the seat? :wacky

He's working on a custom 'Brokeback Marvel' diorama using Doom and the Iron Man comiquette.

I want to pose Doom sitting on top of my refrigerator, or on the toilet...you know, just for kicks...

I want to pose Doom sitting on top of my refrigerator, or on the toilet

The first thing that came to my mind was that you wanted to place him on the toilet staring off at the TP that's out of reach.

A blog entry for this is definitely a good idea! :naughty

Darklord Dave said:
I want to pose Doom sitting on top of my refrigerator, or on the toilet...you know, just for kicks...
"Are you ready yet Victor? I really need to go....":D :D

Back