PDA

View Full Version : LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Darklord Dave
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Couldn't find a LOST thread on the first few pages so decided to start a new one.

Let me just say - I HATE TIVO! It cuts off right before the end of the episode? If I hadn't been within the 30 mins. of the auto record I would have missed the end completely.

Just have to say - I love Ecko as a character - I can't wait to see what they do with him. And I hate what they're doing with Locke - he's too smart to be taken in by the maybe Other prisoner.

And liked the casting on Alexandre - she even looks like the actor playing Rousseau.

gdb
03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
I agree about Locke being too smart. I felt a bit let down when they showed him seemingly fall for such a transparent manipulation.

I really liked this episode. And while there was a flashback, it wasn't of some ancillary character's backstory.

The Josh
03-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Locke is a dufus. I really can't stand his character anymore.

Wor-Gar
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm still waiting for the inevitable "Lord of the Flies" rift in the castaways.

Who will be the leader?

Also, I'd like to see Locke and Ecko in a fight -- clash of the spiritual He-Men.

I also like that fact that the others are not some rag-tag "pirates" but may be in fact mysterious "scientists".

And does anyone have an explanation for that "black smoke" that seems to flash with memories.

Darth Loki
03-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Last nights episode had a lot of promise but I fealt as if the last 5 minutes resolved a lot and didn't leave me wondering about a great deal of things like earlier in the season. Ecko made a friend, the baby is fine, Locke is a sucker. Bring back Invasion!

LOTRFan
03-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Locke's story is definately degenerating IMO, they have set him up too high to be taken down like this. :sick

So Redbeard the threatening pirate only had his beard glued on, hmmm, it sure sounded like the same voice - the man talking with Ethan in the hall. :confused:

So, we find a hidden medical hatch marked "Dharma," first thing we should do is ................................... TELL THE OTHERS (no, not those others ;) ), why do shows do this!?!?!? :google :horror :google :horror

Fubeca
03-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Dave; You can set your Tivo to record minutes before and after the show! That way you never miss it! I learned the hard way.

Darklord Dave
03-02-2006, 11:53 PM
You shouldn't have to set it to record after and you never know when you'll need to! I did it all the the time with football, but for a episodic it should be necessary.

The worst was the season finale of Gilmore Girls where Tivo cut off right before the most important line of the season. Now THAT was frustrating!

tomandshell
03-03-2006, 12:27 AM
I loved the idea of making this week's flashbacks take place during season one. Very surprised to see MC Gainey looking so nice and clean. So why do they dress up like dirty bums when they show themselves to the Losties? Looks like they want to be underestimated... Very interesting. As for Locke, I don't think he was really that suckered in by Henry's comments. He may have been frustrated, but Locke is smart enough to know that only an Other would be eavesdropping and attempting to subtly drive a wedge between his two captors. Also good to know that Alex doesn't have her heart in it when it comes to being an Other. Gives me hope that she and Rousseau will be reunited. Now where's Walt, and what has Michael been up to??

Batty
03-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Are the Others actually members of the Hanso Foundation? What's the deal with the disguise kit? Did anyone notice the bottles of antidote had the number sequence on them? Why did Mr. Eko cut off his beard? Why am I asking so many questions?

I think there's still a lot about Locke we don't know about, yet. I think he knows more than he's letting on. He spends a lot of time down in that bunker. Maybe he's just frustrated with the whole situation. Will he lose the use of his legs again?

So many questions!

tomandshell
03-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Why did Mr. Eko cut off his beard?

Eko knows that the Others wear fake beards. In cutting off his beard and offering it to Henry Gale to wear as a disguise, he was in effect saying, "I'm on to you. I know you're one of them." It was a warning...

Batty
03-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Eko knows that the Others wear fake beards. In cutting off his beard and offering it to Henry Gale to wear as a disguise, he was in effect saying, "I'm on to you. I know you're one of them." It was a warning...
I didn't even think of that. When did Mr. Eko know about the fake beard? Wasn't he with Henry Gale at the same time Claire, Kate and Rousseau were looking for the antidote? This is why I have to re-watch each episode.

Yippy
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't know; might be way off here, but I thought Eko cuts off his two little beard strands because he is finally able to tell someone about, and seek forgivness for the two people he killed in the jungle.

Blake
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
My Tivo cut the ending off as well. Could someone please tell me how the episode ended??

Also, Ecko may have known about the beards because he killed two of them. Maybe he found out about the beards while they were dead.

tomandshell
03-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Oops! I was just kidding! That wasn't meant to be a real theory. Could there actually be something to it? He really didn't know about the fake beards. I thought it was a sign of his letting go of the burden of guilt he felt over the murders. He started growing the two little mini-beards after killing the two men. Now that he has asked forgiveness from one of the Others, he feels like he can let it go, and so he cut off the beards and gave them back to another Other, saying, "Now the burden of killing is on you guys."

Batty
03-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Oops! I was just kidding! That wasn't meant to be a real theory.
Suuuuure it wasn't. LOL. It actually sounded plausible to me.

For a split second, when Eko put the knife up to his neck, I thought he was going to cut his own throat.

tomandshell
03-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I thought he was going to:

A. Cut his own throat.

B. Cut Henry's throat.

C. Cut Henry's restraints.

D. Give the Henry the knife.

I was not expecting him to resort to such barber-ism. :D

LOTRFan
03-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Blasted! Great question, why DO the Others play dress up!?!??!??!?!?!? :google :horror

wookilar8
03-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I got a feeling Anna-Lucia is going to find the balloon and the grave. But the twist is she'll find 2 bodies buried not 1. :horror

gdb
03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I think the two beards were visual representations of his guilt.

That is that he grew them out of guilt -- one for each man he killed. And now that he's confessed about the killing he can absolve himself of the guilt he's been wearing/growing all this time.

Batty
03-22-2006, 03:52 PM
New episode tonight. I hope people can break away from checking the status of their Luke figure to watch.

Buttmunch
03-22-2006, 05:29 PM
I will because there is nothing new to check on Luke: Not here yet, won't be hear, so why constantly check the computer. Besides, it is always nice to have a package on the porch when you least excpect it.

PS My brother has something coming tomorrow, so I'll probably freak out hope by some chance it is Luke only to be disapointed. :monkey2

EDIT: well I finally got my shipping notice so I definately won't be checking my inbox. Lost here I come and then Luke to me :D

elwood49
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Ridiculously awesome episode tonight- the last 3 have all been back to Season 1 quality.

Spoilers below for those on the West Coast or those who Tivo'd it. Scroll down.

I think that Sun was most likely artificially inseminated when she was captured briefly by the Others. The flashback to her capture on the "Previously on Lost" sequence at the beginning gives that away. I probably wouldn't have considered that if not for that segment, and I wish they wouldn't have put that in there. That makes the most sense as to why they let her go. I wonder if the baby will be some type of Rosemary's Baby- type freak?:horror Probably not, and it most likely will end up as a normal baby that has been infected.

Also, I KNEW that the map would be a trap. The Others probably had some type of plan/story drawn up in case any of them ever were captured. That's why the guy could keep all of his facts straight- he had memorized them in case of capture.

SSC_Nerd
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Ridiculously awesome episode tonight- the last 3 have all been back to Season 1 quality.

Spoilers below for those on the West Coast or those who Tivo'd it. Scroll down.

I think that Sun was most likely artificially inseminated when she was captured briefly by the Others. The flashback to her capture on the "Previously on Lost" sequence at the beginning gives that away. I probably wouldn't have considered that if not for that segment, and I wish they wouldn't have put that in there. That makes the most sense as to why they let her go. I wonder if the baby will be some type of Rosemary's Baby- type freak?:horror Probably not, and it most likely will end up as a normal baby that has been infected.

Also, I KNEW that the map would be a trap. The Others probably had some type of plan/story drawn up in case any of them ever were captured. That's why the guy could keep all of his facts straight- he had memorized them in case of capture.

I don't wanna be the mean guy here, but Sun wasn't attacked by The Others. That was just Charlie working in Sawyer's scheme to get the guns to make Locke look like a fool.

Agent23
03-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Yea, SSC Nerd is right. Sawyer enlisted Charlies' help to nab Sun for a moment, so Sawyer could steal the guns. Charlie did it to get back at Locke for everything that happened with Claire.

elwood49
03-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't wanna be the mean guy here, but Sun wasn't attacked by The Others. That was just Charlie working in Sawyer's scheme to get the guns to make Locke look like a fool.

You're not being the "mean guy" by pointing out something that happened that I missed. I must not have been paying attention during that sequence. Thanks for correcting me.

SSC_Nerd
03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, it's crap like THIS that happens when there is so many lengthy breaks between episodes. Be thankful for shows like 24 that say, "HELL NO" to taking breaks. Wait... I think 24 is the ONLY show that does that, but I could be wrong.:o

elwood49
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, it's crap like THIS that happens when there is so many lengthy breaks between episodes. Be thankful for shows like 24 that say, "HELL NO" to taking breaks. Wait... I think 24 is the ONLY show that does that, but I could be wrong.:o

I know, the way "24" works is great. I just looked up the episode where Sun was kidnapped, and it aired on Feb. 8. No wonder I forgot what happened.:o That was 6 weeks ago!

Agent23
03-23-2006, 08:28 AM
I hate how LOST will air a new episode and then the next couple weeks will be re-peats.

No wonder they are down 18% in ratings from last season, where as 24 is up 12%...

At least the next couple weeks are new episodes.

Elwood, I think you were mistaking Sun for Claire when CLaire was kidnapped by Ethan (and the others) and was in that room she was halucinating to be a nursery...

tomandshell
03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Each season covers about a month and a half of time on the island. LOST will have to be on the air for several more years before we see Sun's baby. (Of course, anything can happen on the island...)

DonnamiraTook
03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
In the previews last night, it looks like they find the balloon hanging in a tree. If you missed the last few seconds you missed that.

Looks like next one will have a lot of action.

Beruthiel
03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
I love Lost, but I gotta tell ya, I'm fast losing interest. Nothing really good ever seems to happen, just more mystery, and all those repeats is making me lose interest in the whole thing. I'd rather they start the season in January and have it go straight thru then this new episode, then a whole string of old ones. Ratings are dropping fast, people are losing interest. Nothing substantial happens, just more mystery. Let's see some of this stuff resolved, there's way too much to keep track of. Sorry for the venting, but I am getting very tired of the same old stuff whenever they decide to give us a new episode.

pitchin
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
good episode last night, finally some good back story character development mixed with more twists about the island

Darklord Dave
04-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Dave's not here man!

Seriously - all fat people are mentally ill and schizophrenic? - it's all so obvious now!!!

But Hurley's right, that blond chick is WAY too hot for him...

tomandshell
04-07-2006, 01:12 AM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2112/lostmap5ge.jpg

Kind of appropriate--a big fat question mark at the heart of Lost...

Darklord Dave
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for that screen cap - hmm, 7 "entrances" - one for each season the show will probably run?

GrueSam
04-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Hmmmmm I wonder, Dave!

My neighbor and I were talking about this last episode and she asked:

"Are you getting the Henry Gale connection?"
"Uh... no."
"Doesn't that name sound familiar?"
"Uh... yeah, kinda"
"It should. That was the name of Dorothy's uncle in The Wizard of Oz. You know- the one who arrived in a hot air balloon, just like the Wizard did!"

"Oh My God Yes!!!" :horror

tomandshell
04-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for that screen cap - hmm, 7 "entrances" - one for each season the show will probably run?

Dave! Are you really here? And why are you only wearing one slipper?

lcummins
05-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Did no one watch tonight's episode???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Buttmunch
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I saw tonight's episode. WOW! Didn't see that coming! :D Did anyone catch the game clue, I missed it. The hint or the answer or whatever it reveals would be nice.

Batty
05-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I really didn't see that coming! I guess Michael made a deal with the Others.

What game clue are you talking about? I still have the episode on my DVR.

SSC_Nerd
05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
The clue was that commercial that aired about 3/4ths of the way through the show. It was an advertisement for the Hanso Foundation. Very sneaky. Amazing that the two poeple that are dead are the two people that got DUI's in Hawaii a few months back. Hmmm......:rolleyes:

wookilar8
05-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Well other than the commercial for the Hanso Corp. 1-877-HAN-SORG is the only clue I saw.

SPOILER WARNING!!!

Man nothing happans for like 3 episodes with weeks of no new episodes mixed in-between and then BANG-BANG!!!. In the span of two minutes we get more action and plot devolpment than we can digest!!

Is Libby the blonde in the photo with Desmond in the hatch?

In the promo Kate is heard saying "She's dead.", singular. Is it Anna or Libby?

Batty
05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
There's a new Hanso Foundation site. Try signing up for the newsletter.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

Darklord Dave
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I was wondering what the "EnhancedTV" logo was at the start of the program. I guess this is it.

Notice Hanso is the only executive whose picture isn't clear? Think he may be a character later and they haven't cast him yet?

Anyone call for the password yet? Is 877 a toll call?

Batty
05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I was wondering what the "EnhancedTV" logo was at the start of the program. I guess this is it.

Notice Hanso is the only executive whose picture isn't clear? Think he may be a character later and they haven't cast him yet?

Anyone call for the password yet? Is 877 a toll call?

I called twice and got a message that all the lines were busy. It probably cost me! I'm hoping someone posts it somewhere.

I think the blurry Alvar Hanso photo was the same one seen in the movie they watched in the hatch.

tomandshell
05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
After the weird newsletter signup experience, it tells me to call the number in the TV ad. When I watch the TV ad, there is no number... :monkey2

Entropy
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Is Libby the blonde in the photo with Desmond in the hatch?

yes

and my guess, if only one of the 2 women is dead, is libby.

Batty
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM
After the weird newsletter signup experience, it tells me to call the number in the TV ad. When I watch the TV ad, there is no number... :monkey2
1-877-HANSORG

It was shown as an actual commercial towards the end of tonight's episode. I'm glad I didn't erase my DVR. I went back and watched it. I don't know why the one on the site doesn't have it.

tomandshell
05-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Ah! Thanks. I can't actually watch the episode until it goes up on iTunes tomorrow, but I was messing around on the Hanso site and they had a TV ad there, which is what I thought this was referring to. When I get the episode tomorrow, it won't have commercials so I will miss the one from tonight with the phone number. Thanks again!

Batty
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Anytime Tom. Maybe since it's part of the show, iTunes will show it. Tonight's was a really good episode.

I went lurking and found out if you enter "breaking strain" as your user name and for the password, you get something interesting.

Agent23
05-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Tom, ABC has the episodes you can watch right on their site now....

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Batty, where did you go lurking and entered "breaking strain"....anyway?

:confused:

Agent0028
05-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I just got my weekly newsletter from Borders. In it they advertise a book called "Bad Twin" which is what Sawyer was reading last night. Also it has this description:

"A note from the editors of Bad Twin: 'As many readers are already aware, Gary Troup has been missing since September 2004, when the jetliner that was carrying him from Sydney to Los Angeles crashed somewhere over the South Pacific. While nothing is more human than to hope for miracles, reason tells us that the author and his fellow travelers cannot have survived this disaster. It is with a mix of pride and sorrow that we present the last novel by a wonderful author who was taken from us in the very prime of his writing life.'"

Batty
05-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Tom, ABC has the episodes you can watch right on their site now....

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Batty, where did you go lurking and entered "breaking strain"....anyway?

:confused:

You enter "breaking strain" at the Hanso Foundation site when you sign up for the newsletter. I read this at a Lost forum, but I'm not sure which one it was.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

I don't think Libby is dead. She was holding something in front of her when Michael shot her. Besides, how will we know her back story and how she ended up in the mental institution with Hurley?

Agent23
05-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Where did you get the "Breaking Strain" from anyway?

I just entered it as the password, wow that was different.

What is the whole purpose of this Hanso? I missed the commercial last night....I just watched the Television Ad on the site, is that the same one from the show last night?

GrueSam
05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Aw Man! I was busy doing stuff during the commercials! I gotta see this ad...

This epidode just blew my mind! http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

And I loved next week's preview, with Menacing Michael standing in the dark. Was he locked in the gun room?

Okay, has anyone sent "Joop" a message yet???

Well you should, and afterwards click on the "circles" and see what comes up!
http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

And how come I didn't get anything telling me to call that number when I signed up???
I went back in to see if I missed anything, and it said
Welcome Back
No New Messages
Bye Bye

http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

Migwit
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the "breaking strain" hint. Very strange, but in a... strange way. :lol

GrueSam
05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
It doesn't end!

Go to this Amazon page for "Bad Twin" and there's a small vid clip of the author!!! Where it says Amazon Exclusive:
Bad Twin (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401302769/103-6442707-9346215?v=glance&n=283155)

Batty
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Aw Man! I was busy doing stuff during the commercials! I gotta see this ad...

This epidode just blew my mind! http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

And I loved next week's preview, with Menacing Michael standing in the dark. Was he locked in the gun room?

Okay, has anyone sent "Joop" a message yet???

Well you should, and afterwards click on the "circles" and see what comes up!
http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gifhttp://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

And how come I didn't get anything telling me to call that number when I signed up???
I went back in to see if I missed anything, and it said
Welcome Back
No New Messages
Bye Bye

http://www.moneymakergroup.com/style_emoticons/default/post-36326-1110185726.gif

The commercial is the same one that's on the Hanso site except it has the phone number.

I did the Joop message. Interesting memo about what happened in Africa.

I get the same thing when logging back in. Maybe it's too soon for anything new.

tomandshell
05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Bringing Amazon and iTunes into this is great. They're going all out with this online "game" experience...

pitchin
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
1 more episode & then the 2 hour season finale

Migwit
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
That clip on Amazon is a trip! This is GREAT! Love how things are tying in several different places to make this seem like an even BIGGER conspiracy than the one over at Sideshow with Patient Zero... :google :lol

Agent0028
05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
make this seem like an even BIGGER conspiracy than the one over at Sideshow with Patient Zero...
Maybe that one's connected too...

Migwit
05-05-2006, 08:53 AM
A conspiracy WITHIN a conspiracy, a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. Or something. :lol

Darklord Dave
05-05-2006, 10:54 AM
And there's Troup's out of print book - The Valenzetti Equation which leads to this:

http://www.valenzettifoundation.org/

Batty
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
And there's Troup's out of print book - The Valenzetti Equation which leads to this:

There's a link under "About Me" to Oceanic (http://www.oceanic-air.com/) Airlines. If you highlight the section under the announcement about all flights being cancelled, there's an interesting message. There's more to the message, but I don't know how to get to it. There are a couple of other things hidden under Flight Search and Island Insider.

Migwit
05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Here's the part that's easier to get to:

"I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents."

Here's the part that's "under" the "Important Announcements" banner on the right hand side:

"If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse..."

On this same screen, if you click on the "Find" button for the flight that's marked to leave Sydney on September 22nd (the date and airport codes are already in there), it takes you to a screen showing the seating. Click on seat 42F (Ana Lucia's seat), and you get some interesting stuff.

This is fun! :D

lcummins
05-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Did anyone click on the Find button in the Quick Search box??

The space in the middle is a puzzle with the letters ETHAN ROM and boxs below to sort them into... OTHER MAN ...

Or how about tracking the flight... give it a try...http://www.oceanic-air.com/images/clear.gif

OR...
Go to the seating chart... click on 42F... 23A turns green... hover mouse... "Sheppard, Jack, 23A"... click on 23A... a Vodka bottle pops up and then begins to move back and forth, faster and faster... click 23A again... 23D turns red... hover... "Rose, 23D"... click... wedding ring and sound bite... you get the idea... keep clicking!!!

Migwit
05-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Lonnie, you and I must be doing the same stuff on that site! :rotfl

lcummins
05-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Interestingly, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of this site that states:

http://s24.sitemeter.com/meter.asp?site=s24valenzetti (http://s24.sitemeter.com/stats.asp?site=s24valenzetti)Contact Me (enrico@valenzettifoundation.org) Hosting By DreamHost (http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?104866) (This site is not affiliated with ABC (http://heasarc.nasa.gov/docs/asca/abc/abc.html), ABC (http://heasarc.nasa.gov/docs/xmm/abc/), ABC (http://www.abc.org/) or ABC (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/))

Yet, the link to Oceanic does go to an ABC site (check the Privacy Policy for example).

lcummins
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Lonnie, you and I must be doing the same stuff on that site! :rotfl

It's fun trying to figure out where the stuff is hiding!

Batty
05-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Anyone answer the question under Island Insider?

I'm afraid to admit how much time I spent playing around there. I keep hoping to find something new. Still no news at the Hanso Foundation site. At least nothing new that I've been able to find.

lcummins
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Anyone answer the question under Island Insider?

I'm afraid to admit how much time I spent playing around there. I keep hoping to find something new. Still no news at the Hanso Foundation site. At least nothing new that I've been able to find.

Pick Ax...

lcummins
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Did you know that the law enforcement guy who was transporting Kate, was named Edward Mars? :lol

lcummins
05-05-2006, 05:11 PM
On the Hanso site... go to Joop's Corner and send him a message... eventually you will get here:

"The Hanso Foundation, setting world speed records for subverting authority."

wookilar8
05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
This is a pretty cool map from the first season....

Buttmunch
05-05-2006, 09:00 PM
The Hatch is really far from the beach then. They make the trip multiple times a day without much thought now.

Darklord Dave
05-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Is that fan generated or official? I'd like to see a map that includes the tailers landing spot and the hospital hatch too.

Ironman1188
05-09-2006, 04:54 AM
yes

and my guess, if only one of the 2 women is dead, is libby.

You would think so, unless that was a kevlar blanket. Of course, the LOST execs were supposedly very disappointed in Michelle Rodriquez' behavior, tardiness and attitude on the set and were rumoured to be killing her off at the first plausible opportunity. I hope she's the one. Hurley deserves to get his groove on and not become a fat, brooding Sayid.

Darklord Dave
05-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm hoping Libby survives too, we really need to know the rest of her story. I think they've wrapped up Ana Lucia pretty well now and she wouldn't be missed.

tomandshell
05-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't have much hope for Libby. Remember, Hurley's like a bad luck magnet for everybody he cares about. It's too bad that she has to go now, just when the island had cured her of her mental illness...

Ironman1188
05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Not that she couldn't stay "lost" but the actress that plays Libby has a CBS show in the fall.

Batty
05-09-2006, 10:18 AM
We need to learn how Libby ended up in the mental hospital with Hurley. Once he remembers they were in there together should be interesting.

lcummins
05-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Michelle was signed for just one year on the show. She is DEAD!!! TV Guide has an interview with her in the new issue asking about how she felt about being killed off... :monkey2

tomandshell
05-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I do think it's interesting that there have been no interviews or press regarding the death and departure of Cynthia Watros' character from the show.

Yippy
05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Was I seeing things, or did Michael have a tattoo on his forehead in the final shot of this last episode?

lcummins
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
...poor Libby... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Batty
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I think those were the scrapes he had from before.

Was there a clue this week? I didn't see one.

Yippy
05-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I think those were the scrapes he had from before.

Yeah, I thought I was seeing things. Thanks.

Darklord Dave
05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
DAMMIT, they killed Libby! (Or did Jack put her out of her misery?) So I'm a bit peeved that the button IS just a psychological experiment, although I wish they'd shown on the output if Henry really did let it expire.

I'm off to read "Bad Twin" (just received from Amazon) - maybe there will be some clues there...

Lookin4Precious
05-11-2006, 01:41 AM
]So I'm a bit peeved that the button IS just a psychological experiment

Who's to say that it is??? Just because the video in The Pearl says that it is doesn't REALLY mean anything. If you noticed, there was a camera observing that room, making it just another test in a series of Dharma's mind games. Just because those people were told one thing doesn't make it true. Though it may be.

The big thing was the return of the psychic. That was who Claire went to see.. he was the one that told her she needed to keep this baby and then put her on flight 815 to LA. Now he is telling Echo that he is just a fraud who gathers information about people and uses it against them. Well if he was gathering info against Claire... who was supplying??? Could it be... Dharma? Did Dharma manipulate who would be on Flight 815? And who at Dharma could be controlling things? Christian (Jack's father) certainly seems to be prevalent in many people's flashbacks. And who exactly WAS the daughter he was in Australia to see??? Could THAT be Claire? Could Jack and Claire be half syblings? And remember... Jack never found his fathers body.. the coffin was empty. Could Christian be pulling the strings.. working or even leading Dharma.. manipulating who would be on Flight 815 and therefore who would become a part of the Dharma Initiatives experiments??????? wow.. i need to go to bed.

gdb
05-11-2006, 02:06 AM
So the moral is: if you're on a hit ABC TV show, don't get caught driving drunk. Or am I reading too much into this?

Agent23
05-11-2006, 06:15 AM

Yupp, there was that Sublymonal commercial.

Go to: Sublymonal.com

have fun.

:)

Agent0028
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I doubt Jack put Libby out of her misery, remember in the first season when he wouldn't kill the marshal who was slowly dying. Although the time they've spent on the island could have hardened him to do it. Personally I find Jack a bit annoying, he's a little on the sanctimonious side at times.

Anyone else notice the tiny print that said, "Paid for by Sprite" during the Hanso commercial?

LOTRFan
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM

have fun.

Oh no, so now every week we have to look for these!!! :google

I think I found the "password" :confused:

Migwit
05-11-2006, 03:04 PM
What's that damn telephone number we're supposed to call? :confused: :rolleyes:

Agent23
05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
1-877-HANSORG

tomandshell
05-11-2006, 06:19 PM
"Michael....." :sick

"Don't worry!! He's fine!!! Michael's OK!!! He's just great!!" :D

"Idiot..." :rip

wookilar8
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM

have fun.

Back in the day Sprite combined the word Lime and Lemon to get the word Lymon. Which happens to be in the word Sublymonal. :D

Migwit
05-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Agent! Calling now...

Funny! It was interesting that Persephone appears to be an actual woman. I assumed Persephone was a computer entity/personality, and not a live person. Wonder if we'll ever actually SEE Persephone on the show. :dunno :D

Darklord Dave
05-12-2006, 08:02 PM
so where does the sublymonal code go?

GrueSam
05-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't know either, Dave. I've tried every empty box on the site... :confused:

Anybody have any ideas?

LOTRFan
05-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Anybody have any ideas?

I just went back and entered it into the Hanso page ... nothing really. :confused:

Batty
05-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Go to Dr. Mittelwerk's Bio under Executive Bios and enter "Heir Apparent". It gets weirder and weirder. I'm still playing around with it.

GrueSam
05-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Ah Batty - you're brilliant!

Thanks. http://membres.lycos.fr/akl0317/flower.gif

And you're right... that was weird and a little bit creepy!

Migwit
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Batty! That little mystery of where to put the code was driving me, er, "batty"! :lol

Is that the voice of Persephone? :confused:

Don't know if anyone else has notice this, but now go to Alvar Hanso's bio. Click on the date under his picture. There's lots more crazy stuff there, too! Keep clicking!!! :D "He was never there!"

LOTRFan
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Batty! That little mystery of where to put the code was driving me, er, "batty"! :lol

Is that the voice of Persephone? :confused:

Don't know if anyone else has notice this, but now go to Alvar Hanso's bio. Click on the date under his picture. There's lots more crazy stuff there, too! Keep clicking!!! :D "He was never there!"

:google :google :google It just keeps going ..... :google :google :google

Spiff
05-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I was looking around thehansofoundation.org site a bit tonight, and was taking a closer look at the press releases:

http://thehansofoundation.org/press/extra/uploads/paris/newspaper.gif

and

http://thehansofoundation.org/press/05_05_06.pdf

On the PDF one about someone (probably persephone) hacking the site, if you select all text, you will notice there is text at the bottom that you can not see. Cut and paste it into something else, and it is a web site address: http://persephone.thehansofoundation.org/

Might be old news to some as the press release came out awhile back, but wonder what all the numbers are?

MisterToyNYC
05-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Is it me or does anyone have trouble with the music on the Hanso Foundation site? I can't seem to get it to stop even after I close the site. I've had to reboot my computer to get it to stop. Has anyone else had this problem?

Eric

Batty
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Is it me or does anyone have trouble with the music on the Hanso Foundation site? I can't seem to get it to stop even after I close the site. I've had to reboot my computer to get it to stop. Has anyone else had this problem?

Eric
I've never had this problem. Did you try inputting the number sequence? :D

Spiff
05-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Eric

Have had this problem myself. Closing all browser windows clears it up for me though.

Migwit
05-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I've had problems with the music, but if it starts to really bother me I just turn the music off (on the Hanso home page, upper left hand corner). I can still hear things like the tv commercial or other sound effects that I come across as I'm finding stuff. Otherwise, the problem with the music clears up when I close the browser window.

Thanks for the Persephone site, Spiff. This is new to me! I'm sure someone who has the time can come up with how all the numbers correllate to each other (like "add the 1st 2 numbers and subtract the 4th number gives you the 3rd number", etc). If anyone DOES figure it out, please share! :monkey1 :D

Migwit
05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
So has anyone got any idea how to log in to view the info on the Board of Directors? Interesting that there's a picture missing of "Liddy Wales". I hope there are more clues in this week's ep if Lost, especially considering that the season is about to end! :monkey1

Buttmunch
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
So has anyone got any idea how to log in to view the info on the Board of Directors? Interesting that there's a picture missing of "Liddy Wales". I hope there are more clues in this week's ep if Lost, especially considering that the season is about to end! :monkey1

I don't know. They have said there will be a cliffhanger better (or worse depending on if you like cliffhangers or not) than last year's. So we might not get more answers, but more questions.

Beruthiel
05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Anyone interested in gathering in the chatroom to watch the season finale tonight? I'll be there if anyone is. :)

Nessasita
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Count me in... :D

Migwit
05-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I'd love to, but my computer is UPstairs and my tv is DOWNstairs. :lol I'll log on after the ep, though.

Batty
05-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I might check in afterwards. Lost is one of the few shows where I like to sit in front of the TV with the lights down and the surround-sound on.

Keep those eyes open for clues!

tomandshell
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey everybody--season finale is next week! Titled "Live Together, Die Alone," it will be two hours. Tonight's episode, "Three Minutes," is the next to last episode of the season. I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow when I download it from iTunes, since I won't get home from work tonight until after it's over. :sick

TVGUIDE SUMMARIES:

Tonight:

Michael persuades Jack and several survivors to help him try to rescue Walt from the Others. And Charlie struggles with Mr. Eko's decision to stop work on the church. Flashback segments feature Michael.

Next week:

In the second-season finale, Jack and Sayid devise a plan to confront the Others and rescue Walt after discovering something strange just offshore. And Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the “button” and the hatch. Flashbacks follow Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) and explore the hatch's history from his point of view.

Batty
05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Tom, I asked this in another thread, but I was wondering why you don't have a DVR. This way you could watch it after you get home. I use mine all the time.

Beruthiel
05-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh yea, I use my dvr all the time. It's especialy useful in times like these. Hockey playoff games lots of shows getting ready to end and jsut saving up all the season of 24 to rewatch while waiting for the new season to start

tomandshell
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Tom, I asked this in another thread, but I was wondering why you don't have a DVR. This way you could watch it after you get home. I use mine all the time.

Does DVR work with high definition video? My signal is coming out of a high def tuner--would a DVR or Tivo system record hi-def programs?

Migwit
05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Is this the site from tonight's Hanso commercial:

www.letyourcompassguideyou.com ?

I got a screen the first time, now I can't get anything unless I'm typing it in wrong.... :confused:

Beruthiel
05-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Depends on your system. Mine does record HD in HD. But, it's from the cable co, so all connected that way

tomandshell
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Mine's not cable--it's directv satellite with the hi def local channels coming in through an additional antenna. I wonder if it will work...

wookilar8
05-17-2006, 09:01 PM
You need to get the DirecTV Hi-Def DVR to record the Hi-Def signal. They go for about $400.00 with many rebates available off that price. Heck DirecTV are even giving some free to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER customers! Although I think those are just regular DirecTV Plus DVR.

Batty
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Is this the site from tonight's Hanso commercial:

www.letyourcompassguideyou.com ?

I got a screen the first time, now I can't get anything unless I'm typing it in wrong.... :confused:
I was able to get in. Here's what I have so far: Make the arrow point a few degrees below East. You'll get another screen superimposed over the compass, click on it and go from there. I'm still playing around with it.

tomandshell
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
You need to get the DirecTV Hi-Def DVR to record the Hi-Def signal. They go for about $400.00 with many rebates available off that price. Heck DirecTV are even giving some free to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER customers! Although I think those are just regular DirecTV Plus DVR.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into picking one of those up...

Batty
05-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into picking one of those up...
Definitely worth checking into. I've had a DVR for about 3 years. I don't know how I'd live without it.

On the Lost front- I read that for next season ABC will not show reruns of episodes during the regular season. Instead it will go on hiatus for about 2 months! :google Probably in January and February. ABC might also move the show to Thursday night. I don't know how much of this is just rumor.

Darklord Dave
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
The ABC upfronts were today I think, they are talking about not showing reruns, but doing it like Alias was done this year - 2 sets of straight through episodes.

As for the new website, I got the parchment page once, but can't get it again. Does it go any further?

Also I just spent a lot of time trying to translate the page name:
permissum vestri complector rector vos

You know what it means?

"Let your compasss guide you"

Batty
05-18-2006, 12:03 AM
I noticed during the Hanso commercial tonight that down in the corner it said it was sponsored by Jeep. I went to the Jeep website, and wouldn't you know, "Let your compass guide you" is one of their taglines. A bit of product placement I guess.

Dave, you can go past the parchment page. Move you mouse slowly until it comes up, then click on it. The page changes and you're asked if you're one of the good ones. Answer "yes" and you'll get a Parent Directory of names. Click on Hanso's name for some weird stuff! That's all I've found for now.

Wor-Gar
05-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I got in!

When the compass appears, go a few degrees below E and click. The screen changes and a sub-screen appears and asks if you are one of the good ones? Type N and enter. This will take you to the Hanso Foundation site... full of crazy information on improving "wellness for the world".

Its awesome...with its creepy music.

Batty
05-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Type Y and click on Hanso. It's even better. Or did you already do that?

Wor-Gar
05-18-2006, 12:23 AM
No, but I'll try.

Here's some weird stuff:

Look up "Bad Twin" -- the book written by Gary Troup, victim of flight 815 air disaster, that is now for sale. Tha Hanso site has a warning about it.

Also, when you leave the site, the music continues to play...which is a little annoying.

But this is a masterful use of cross-promotion!

Wor-Gar
05-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Here's the direct link:

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=bios

BEWARE!

Agent23
05-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Great episode last night. I am really happy we finally saw Walt...

Next week looks very promising.

I am kinda bummed out thou, after next week...24 and LOST both, will be done sfor the season.

Batty
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Here's the latest I've found:

Go to Hugh McIntyre at the Hanso site. Type in "the mouthpiece" to login. Click the highlighted area that appears and watch the video. After a few seconds click on the screen. Credit cards, pills and jewelry start to fall down the screen. Click on them as they fall.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=bios

tomandshell
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Next season, Lost will start up around October and go for seven weeks with no interruptions, and then start up again around March and go straight through until the end of May with no repeats. Of course, that means three months of winter with no new Lost--a new show will be airing in its time slot during the "intermission."

Agent0028
05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Personally I hate it when they do that, its even worse than the repeats. It seems like a good way to lose viewers too, people may be irked at reruns now and then (or now and now as the case can be with lost), but nothing at all may cause people to watch something else during that time and possibly not switch back. I may very well be one of them.

Batty
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Lost Season 2 release date and box art:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5827

MisterToyNYC
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Also, when you leave the site, the music continues to play...which is a little annoying.

A little annoying?! It drove me crazy! I tried everything to stop it and eventually had to reboot my computer to stop the damn music!

Besides that, I love the show and everythhing connected to it :D

Eric

Hightreker
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Anyone excited about the premiere tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

Memnoch
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't wait either.

Did we all discover the true meaning of the Numbers? I know I did.

tomandshell
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
You know, it seems like just yesterday that we were watching the season finale. The summer break went by really fast, but I am definitely ready for some more Lost. The season finale didn't leave me hanging as much as the first season ender, but I am looking forward to seeing new episodes, particularly now that Henry Gale and Desmond have joined the regular/lead/starring cast.

Hightreker
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to see where they take Desmond. He seems like a character with endless potential. I know I didn't figure out the numbers secret, are you talking about the lost expierience thing?

Memnoch
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes. Yes I am. The have the HANSO videos linked together on YouTube.

Batty
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Here's the video (http://www.hansoexposed.com/player/039bf9c60f82f8e12fc5b054ab6c5697). It was fun looking for the clues and putting it together.

I'm really looking forward to the season premiere tomorrow.

Buttmunch
10-04-2006, 09:33 PM
So what did everyone think? The opening scene was interesting. Henry Gale's "real" name too! Where the bears and sharks were kept!

Bannister
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
"It only took the bears two hours."
I loved that line.

Wor-Gar
10-04-2006, 10:19 PM
So what did everyone think?

The opening was great. Sparse after that. It kept me riveted, but left me with little.

So is "Henry Gale's" real name Ben? Is that what she said?

Darth Caedus
10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
yep, she said his name was ben and her name i didn't quite catch...i get the feeling that I should have recognized the names, but I don't remember. GREAT opening to the episode. I didn't want jack to give in to the dirty ho, but he did in the end. I'm just waiting for someone to say, "I'm not going to jump through hoops for you people. whatever you say, you are violent murderers and I'd rather die than do anything you want." I think sawyer was going to say something along those lines, but alas, he didn't. next week's episode should be good.

P.S. if any freaks want to go to a board JUST for lost it's http://www.4815162342.com (fitting name :chew :chew ) That site has some people who, I swear, their whole life must be lost. they come up with the craziest theories i've ever read. good stuff though.

Wor-Gar
10-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm too scared to go to a Lost-only site... but yeah, I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Looks like things will really get going then.

Ben is an awesome "villain" -- every time he's on screen I am absolutely glued to every word he utters. Like the show, he's very...unpredictable. And also like the show, not so much in the outcome, but in the way the information is given out.

Darth Loki
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
This is the most frustrating show ever! I've spent the last 4 months mulling over all these questions we were given to ponder over in the finale and now I have even more questions! How do the writers do it? I can't wait to find out why the next two weeks are going to be so unpleasant for Kate. And here's to more shower sceens :duff

carbo-fation
10-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Great season opener!! :chew

Darth Caedus
10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
This is the most frustrating show ever! I've spent the last 4 months mulling over all these questions we were given to ponder over in the finale and now I have even more questions! How do the writers do it? I can't wait to find out why the next two weeks are going to be so unpleasant for Kate. And here's to more shower sceens :duff

Yes, I always think of these long explanation, interconnected questions in my own head after each finale....and each season premier they put up something I didn't even think of...guess that's why they are writing the show and not me. :emperor :emperor But very yes on the moer shower scenes :duff :duff :duff

Nessasita
10-05-2006, 11:08 AM
I liked it but I am frustrated that we yet again get more and more unanswered questions instead of some answers. I hope that we will get some soon.

tomandshell
10-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Ben and Juliet seem to have a somewhat strained relationship. He didn't seem too concerned for her safety when the underwater hatch was being flooded. Of course, that might have been part of the show.

And after being given a choice after a little bit of rough treatment, Kate opted to room with Sawyer. Poor Jack.

gdb
10-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Great episode! I was just thinking how LOST = GILLIGAN'S ISLAND + TWIN PEAKS. But now I'm thinking they added THE PRISONER as well.

I'm really starting to like Tom (I think? -- the fake beard wearing Other). I'm hoping he's this season's Mr. Ecko.

Batty
10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Not the most exciting episode tonight. No real big revelations. It was pretty much the Sun and Jin episode.

I was surprised to see the actress who played Trixie on Deadwood make an appearance.

Bannister
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I'd say my favorite part of the episode tonight was where Ben was telling Jack that the Red Sox won the world series. The way he acted when Jack didn't believe him was great. He was like, no seriously they were down 0-3 to the Yankees and then they won eight straight.:rotfl Freaking hilarious.

LOTRFan
10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
This season has been much too drawn out, they are losing me ..... :monkey2

Bannister
10-12-2006, 12:45 PM
This season has been much too drawn out, they are losing me ..... :monkey2
Not trying to criticize but after 2 episodes you are saying the season is too drawn out.

Batty
10-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Not trying to criticize but after 2 episodes you are saying the season is too drawn out.
I think he's trying to say that he's LOST interest!

Ha! I kill me! :lol

Bannister
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I think he's trying to say that he's LOST interest!

Ha! I kill me! :lol
:lol :lol :lol

gdb
10-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I was surprised to see the actress who played Trixie on Deadwood make an appearance.

Thank you! It was bugging me where I knew her from.

Giant Chicken
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM

It took me a few seconds to place her because I am not used to seeing her with her clothes on. She is the second Deadwood actress to appear on Deadwood. The gal that plays Jodie was in the episode "Long Con"

Batty
10-14-2006, 07:53 PM
It was actually my wife who knew who it was. I just sat there and asked: "Who is that?"

Wife smarter than me. :lol

twistedfreak
10-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not a fan of the LOST series... heh

LOTRFan
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM

Yep, one of the things that hooked me about this show was that even with the constant flashbacks and new mysteries, they always seemed to keep things moving at a nice speed. So far we have had too many long scenes of Sawyer in a cage, the plot has slowed, painfully at times.

Batty
10-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Yep, one of the things that hooked me about this show was that even with the constant flashbacks and new mysteries, they always seemed to keep things moving at a nice speed. So far we have had too many long scenes of Sawyer in a cage, the plot has slowed, painfully at times.
I have to agree. It would have been good if last weeks episode had gone back to the beach or the hatch so we could see what was going on with everyone there. Instead we got more of Sawyer and Kate. I know we'll get back to the rest of the cast this week, but it seems a little uneven. No matter what, it still has me hooked. And it's very early into the season.

LOTRFan
10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I have to agree. It would have been good if last weeks episode had gone back to the beach or the hatch so we could see what was going on with everyone there. Instead we got more of Sawyer and Kate. I know we'll get back to the rest of the cast this week, but it seems a little uneven. No matter what, it still has me hooked. And it's very early into the season.

Don't get me wrong I am hooked, down for the long haul! :lol

Batty
10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Don't get me wrong I am hooked, down for the long haul! :lol
I never doubted you. :lol

wookilar8
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Well let's not forget in season one they're just trying to keep the shows ratings up so as not to be cancelled prematurely. This means faster pace and building up the mystery of the island. Now that the show is a success and on a five year course, things will be build-up and resolved on a much slower drawn out pace.

Batty
10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Hungry hungry polar bear!

Good episode this week. I enjoyed Locke's "vision". And it was good to see even more of his back story.

GrueSam
10-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Loved the little Hurley/Desmond deja-vu part! :rock

daelith
10-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Getting frustrated with the show. Wish things would move along more...

The ill Jedi
10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Loved the little Hurley/Desmond deja-vu part! :rock

Anybody else think that Desmond may have or has developed psychic abilities? He already knew that Locke is going to save Jack, KAte and Sawyer and about the speech before he even gave it. After all, that is one of the types of experiments the D.I. was conducting on the Island.

I love that Locke has a new purpose and I am enjoying him be ing more determined.

Agent0028
10-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I feel kinda bad for Locke it seems like all his life he's been desprerately searching for acceptance.

I think next week, or whenever it is that Locke goes to rescue Sawyer Kate and Jack will be a good episode.

wookilar8
10-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Getting frustrated with the show. Wish things would move along more...
Don't forget the show is set to run five years. There is plenty of time to resolve everything but all good things to those who wait. And I got a feeling that the end will be left open ended for us to interpret things differently.

Agent0028
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM
And I got a feeling that the end will be left open ended for us to interpret things differently.
I can see the merits of doing that, and it would be kinda cool. But I'll be pretty angry if that's the case.

Which reminds me, is anyone annoyed that invisible monster black cloud mind reading thing that was such a big deal in the first season is completely absent now?

Memnoch
10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
If I remember correctly I saw an interview a while back where it was said that some things would be answered, some won't. It was due to the fact that one of the main themes of the show is that of faith v. science orr if you perfer, the notion of the concrete fact vs. the great wide unknown.

Agent0028
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Hmm...well if you are going to put it that way then I suppose it rather makes sense.

gdb
10-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Anybody else think that Desmond may have or has developed psychic abilities? He already knew that Locke is going to save Jack, KAte and Sawyer and about the speech before he even gave it. After all, that is one of the types of experiments the D.I. was conducting on the Island.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. And it would explain the Pearl station watching the Swan station.

Memnoch
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Well if you just look at the characters, its an idea that is more then fitting. Jack and Locke could be considered the leaders. Jack is a man of science, Locke is a man of faith. Michael became a man of faith when he went searching for Walt. Bernard beleived in science, but turned to faith for Rose's cancer (that is her name right? havent seen them in forever). Desmond lived off faith and his faith became concrete when the magnet powered up. It is all very fitting that there are some things we eventually know for absolute certainty but some things we will never have any idea on.

Agent0028
10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah it is a very good point Memnoch, I just never thought of it that way before. I would also the interesting dynamic between Locke losing faith and Mr. Eko retaining it.

Memnoch
10-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I think after seeing what happened due to his lack of faith Locke is returning to his proper path of "blind" faith. While for him it may seem he has always been searching for acceptance or a real family, every step and setback has got him to the island where as a faithful and hopeful man he was being rewarded. Eko at the same time I think will bond with Locke now that his faith has returned if not strengthened.

LOTRFan
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
So Kate and Sawyer are staying in abandoned polar bear cages?! :confused:

Batty
10-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Has it ever been mentioned why the animals were let loose?

LOTRFan
10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Has it ever been mentioned why the animals were let loose?

Let loose, or escaped! ;) Hey check that out, a reversal from a movie quote --- cool! :lol

Batty
10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
How does a shark escape? :lol

LOTRFan
10-19-2006, 08:52 PM
How does a shark escape? :lol

I don't know, but how many Jaws movies were there again?! :lol

Batty
10-19-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't know, but how many Jaws movies were there again?! :lol
Too many!

I thought the t-shirt on the skeleton in the polar bear cave was a nice touch.

tomandshell
10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
This week's episode was frustrating.

Too many questions left hanging from the end of last season were either ignored or answered poorly.

And Locke's game of charades made little sense--why didn't he immediately start writing words in the sand if he wanted to communicate so badly?

And if you can't afford good polar bear FX, just don't write one into the episode.

And they killed off Libby and Ana Lucia so they can introduce two more new characters? Only instead of formally introducing them and explaining their appearance, they just walk up and start talking like they've been there all along. All the background characters should have been introduced by now. It's a little late to be adding new actors and just saying, "They've been there the whole time, you just haven't seen them the first two seasons."

"And, Hurley, by the way, there's a mad bear on the loose who is sure to come back this way in a bloody frenzy, but by all means, just wander alone back to camp. See you later!"

And if I was running around in just a T-shirt with my johnson flapping in the wind, the first thing I would do when I got back to camp would be to get some shorts on, and THEN throw pebbles into the sea.

But it was nice to see Boone again.

Agent0028
10-20-2006, 06:51 AM
I just want to know if it is actually possible for polar bears to live in that climate like that.

GrueSam
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Yes, they could.

You can find polar bears in zoos all over the world, in every climate. They do just fine.

Bears are adaptable and extremely smart. And fur insulates against heat too - not just the cold.

There are obviously animals that do have certain temp restrictions and that's why you don't find them in every zoo. Moose and elk are perfect examples. They must have icy temperatures, so you won't find them in the lower states. :lecture

Charlie's attitude changed during the melt-down too. Remember? He was in that weird good mood as he wandered back to camp. And Claire instantly responded and is liking him again. :dunno

"And, Hurley, by the way, there's a mad bear on the loose who is sure to come back this way in a bloody frenzy, but by all means, just wander alone back to camp. See you later!"

Maybe John "had faith" that the bear would be after them, and not bother Hurley??? :dunno:dunno

Kinda bugged me about the new characters, too...

Agent0028
10-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info GrueSam that's pretty interesting. Who says you can't learn anything from watching TV? Or at least spark questions that leads to learning. :cool:

tomandshell
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Charlie's attitude changed during the melt-down too. Remember? He was in that weird good mood as he wandered back to camp. And Claire instantly responded and is liking him again. :dunno

I was really hoping that we would find out why Charlie was in such a happy mood as he returned from the hatch in the season two closer. Everything was exploding/imploding and he barely escapes a huge explosion with his life, and instead of checking on his friends, he just wanders back to camp and says, "Oh gosh, the other guys aren't back yet? That's weird! Let's sit around until it gets dark and make out instead of going back to help them. I'm not concerned about them at all!!"

And Hurley sure got back to camp fast! Remember the days when it would be hours of hiking just to get to the hatch? The island is shrinking! I'll bet that Sayid and Sun and Jin get back from sailing around the island about five minutes into the next episode.

gdb
10-20-2006, 06:21 PM
This week's episode was frustrating.

Too many questions left hanging from the end of last season were either ignored or answered poorly.

And Locke's game of charades made little sense--why didn't he immediately start writing words in the sand if he wanted to communicate so badly?

And if you can't afford good polar bear FX, just don't write one into the episode.

And they killed off Libby and Ana Lucia so they can introduce two more new characters? Only instead of formally introducing them and explaining their appearance, they just walk up and start talking like they've been there all along. All the background characters should have been introduced by now. It's a little late to be adding new actors and just saying, "They've been there the whole time, you just haven't seen them the first two seasons."

And if I was running around in just a T-shirt with my johnson flapping in the wind, the first thing I would do when I got back to camp would be to get some shorts on, and THEN throw pebbles into the sea.

But it was nice to see Boone again.

I know what you mean. It's always disheartening when you're reminded that a great TV show is still just... a TV show. Like catching a magition doing a trick.

But I guess that's the risk of what made LOST so great in the first place. The writers write outrageous stuff. When it works. they're heroes. When budget, scheduals, etc. bogs things down... not so much.

About the shorts... That occured to me, too. I mean, Hurley's shirt is nowhere near long enough for true freedom of movement with modesty. So I figured he grabed some tidy whities off screen. Or... being European, maybe a Speado.

Batty
10-20-2006, 06:38 PM
You know, Desmond didn't seem to mind being nekid in the first place. :monkey4

Beruthiel
10-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I found this last episode to be confusing and well, BORING

Agent0028
10-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Maybe it was hot on the island and Desmond like the breeze.

Darklord Dave
10-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't see Desmond as psychic more like he's lost in time. He remembers the future for some reason. Since we've had a massive EMP, perhaps there's a bit of space/time folding going on.

The polar bear effects were a bit lame - they explained at SDCC how difficult it was to shoot the original polar bear sequences and apparently there just aren't any polar bear actors.

Agent0028
10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I read somewhere that the Polar Bear Screen Actors Guild is on strike due to penguins getting more screen time these days.

Whether Desmond is psychic or just remembers the future, I hope it doesn't become a real prominent part of the show. It would seem out of place to me. But then if someone described the others during season one it prolly woulda sounded outta place too. :lol

Agent0028
10-25-2006, 10:38 AM
I just read an interesting theory in an AOL story that Desmond could be one of Hurley's imaginary friends. I don't know if I really buy that since Locke saw him earlier in the episode, but it would explain why he didn't put on any pants before throwing rocks into the ocean.

Batty
10-25-2006, 08:06 PM
So, now there are two islands? Is that why a sub was mentioned? Could they be connected? More confusion!

Memnoch
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't know if Im fond of the idea of two different islands. It raises more questions about the Others village, the bears, and a bunch of other things.

Giant Chicken
10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't know if Im fond of the idea of two different islands. It raises more questions about the Others village, the bears, and a bunch of other things.

I do not think that the Other's Villiage is on the second island. When the plane crashed Goodman was only an hours run from the tail section.

I liked tonights episode a lot more than last weeks. It still bugged me to see the new characters on the beach. Overall, I really liked the Kate, Sawyer, and Jack portion of the episode. Do you think Ben is the one with the tumor???? Is this the task Jack must complete in order to get off the island? Only two episodes left until the 13 week break.

Yippy
10-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Did anyone else see an alien type entity on one of the screens during the promos for the last two episodes before the break, or was I just seeing things?

Batty
10-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I didn't see an alien, but there was a guy with an eye-patch. Could it be Hanso?

I think that since they didn't have a surgeon to help the woman who was shot, it's obvious that Sawyer didn't have a pacemaker put in. They couldn't even agree on where he was to get injected. Maybe the Others aren't doing as well as they let on.

I really think one big break is better than new episodes shown now and again during reruns like last season.

gdb
10-26-2006, 01:41 AM
I really think one big break is better than new episodes shown now and again during reruns like last season.

Agreed.

So, Desmond sees into the future... lightning hitting Aussie girl's roof... builds a lightning rod and actually changes the future.

I loved the use of Of Mice and Men -- they even used a rabbit. I'm a bit bummed that Sawyer didn't recognize the quotes that Ben lays on him. I have the feeling that Sawyer didn't get the quotes because the writers didn't feel that the audiance would get them. So instead they had him confused. But then... he was processing a lot of information at that point so maybe I can forgive him.

I agree with Giant Chicken about the village being on the "main" island. Jack's cell is underwater so that may be a tunnel that connects the two.

Sucks for Tom -- or Ben or whoever it is that has the tumor -- that he's on a geological event that doesn't cure his type of cancer.

Memnoch
10-26-2006, 04:58 AM
I know Im probably wayyy off but wouldn't it be interesting if the reason the "Others" wanted Lock was because he was the one with the tumor and that's why he could walk again? Just a random thought from no sleep tonight. Also I know the village is on the main island I just... don't like the two islands. You would assume that by now the surviors SHOULD have found the village or even seen the other island. I don't know, I just hope the previews are right and in two weeks we finally get ALOT of answers.

Ironman1188
10-26-2006, 06:00 AM
I think that since they didn't have a surgeon to help the woman who was shot, it's obvious that Sawyer didn't have a pacemaker put in. They couldn't even agree on where he was to get injected. Maybe the Others aren't doing as well as they let on.

They already said they were jerking his chain and hadn't put a pacemaker in. Conning the con man is what they were doing.

Batty
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
They already said they were jerking his chain and hadn't put a pacemaker in. Conning the con man is what they were doing.
Oh, I know. I meant before they told Sawyer. As soon as they needed Jack to help with surgery it was obvious.

LOTRFan
10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeesh! :google

Two islands, I at least had gotten the impression that Sayid had virtually been around the entire island by now.

"Ben" does seem to be the one with the tumor, or at least from what the preview showed.

I am really leaning towards Jennie (or whatever that woman's name is, the one who is spending time with Jack) turning, or at least that is clearly what the writers want me to believe.

So confused!?!? :horror

Batty
10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Two islands, I at least had gotten the impression that Sayid had virtually been around the entire island by now.

I wonder if the small island(s) can't be seen from the big island. Maybe they're cloaked somehow. Just like there's one set of coordinates to actually leave the island.

Batty
10-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Here's Rousseau's map that shows smaller islands around it.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8946/oceanicmap1sn7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And what about Ben mentioning a sub in the beginning of the episode? Is that how they get from one island to another?

gdb
10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I am really leaning towards Jennie (or whatever that woman's name is, the one who is spending time with Jack) turning, or at least that is clearly what the writers want me to believe.

So confused!?!? :horror

Her name is Juliet. I think there might be some romantic overtones in the future with her...

Darth Waller
10-27-2006, 01:38 PM
And what about Ben mentioning a sub in the beginning of the episode? Is that how they get from one island to another?

Yeah, he said something like "the sub's back."

tomandshell
10-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I figured there was another island when the training video from season two mentioned reporting back to the ferry, which I presume is the one we saw in the season finale.

Batty
10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I figured there was another island when the training video from season two mentioned reporting back to the ferry, which I presume is the one we saw in the season finale.
Thanks, Mr. Smarty Pants! :D

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1671/smartypantslogowithphotex0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tomandshell
10-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Oops--that did sound kind of smarty pantsy!!

I'm glad they didn't drag the pacemaker scam out past this week's episode. You don't want your audience to be one step ahead of the story, and most of us could guess that it was a fake.

And how are they going to get Jack to join forces with the others with only two episodes left of the fall mini-season?

And who would win the big jackpot in the lottery--Hurley (with his great luck) or Desmond (who can see the future)?

Batty
10-27-2006, 04:15 PM
You know I was just kidding, Tom!

tomandshell
10-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, I don't want to sound like a know-it-all. Especially not with a show like Lost--I don't even think that the producers know and understand everything about this show...

Darklord Dave
10-29-2006, 12:24 AM
They seem to be wanting to build sympathy with The Others - "we're not your enemy, but if you pull that trigger, we will be" and everything pretty Juliet is saying to Jack. But we saw Ethan in the first episode this season and know he's with them and he murdered at least 2 survivors. The Others are evil, and I'm surprised Jack hasn't come out and said to Juliet - "You're evil".

samuraiwarrior
10-29-2006, 01:59 AM
So is Desmond a mutant now?

Damn! I cant wait to see season 3! We still have to wait for like 234 years here in Aussieland...

KrisSolo
10-29-2006, 02:41 AM
So is Desmond a mutant now?

Damn! I cant wait to see season 3! We still have to wait for like 234 years here in Aussieland...

It won't start here in the UK for a good few months (at least) either... yet I've seen all of season 3 so far... *cough* download! *cough*

samuraiwarrior
10-29-2006, 03:04 AM
It won't start here in the UK for a good few months (at least) either... yet I've seen all of season 3 so far... *cough* download! *cough*

oooohhh..Isnt that illegal?

Agent0028
10-29-2006, 06:56 AM
They seem to be wanting to build sympathy with The Others - "we're not your enemy, but if you pull that trigger, we will be" and everything pretty Juliet is saying to Jack. But we saw Ethan in the first episode this season and know he's with them and he murdered at least 2 survivors. The Others are evil, and I'm surprised Jack hasn't come out and said to Juliet - "You're evil".
I agree Dave, the Others have too much of a history of bad things (kidnapping the children from the rear, kidnapping Claire, trying to kill Charlie) on top of the other two you mentioned they killed. It will really annoy me if they try to go and make the Others nice guys now and explain everything away. On the other hand, I'm fairly well hooked so if they do a good enough job I'll prolly buy it. :lol

Batty
10-29-2006, 09:31 AM
My big question about the Others is - What were they doing with all the children? What did they need Walt for?

Memnoch
11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
RIP Eko. We hardly knew ye.

Buttmunch
11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
RIP Eko. We hardly knew ye.

:monkey2 I can't believe they did that! So the smoke monster can imitate people and think?

Batty
11-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm very disappointed to see Eko killed off.

I'm not sure, but I think the smoke is a reflection of the person it interacts with. It analyzes his or her life, and is some sort of judge and jury about whether they live or die. But I guess you're given a chance to redeem yourself in its eyes... Otherwise it would have killed Eko the first time he saw it. But that doesn't explain why it killed the pilot in the first season. Oh, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :confused:

I also think the smoke is a product of whatever madness has been going on on the island. Probably a Hanso experiment gone very wrong.

Only 1 episode left!

Bannister
11-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Man am I pissed to see Eko go, but on the bright side we have two "brand new" survivors we get to learn about.:rolleyes:

blazelsd
11-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I am very upset they killed Eko off.. he was my favorite character and I always wanted to see more of his backstory concerning his brother and drug smuggling. Looks like they wrapped his story right up very quickly to get him off the show.

Maybe he was unhappy with the show or the creators didnt want to pay him anymore?!?!?!?!?

Bannister
11-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Plus he had some of the best lines ever on the show. "Tell them Mr. Eko let you live."

gdb
11-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Juliet is tricky! Loved her and Ben's story tonight. Very "The Prisoner" tonight.

So Eko is gone... in the end, I guess his purpose was to help define Locke and to examine his faith/doubt relationship with the button. I suppose they had to kill him off before he stole away too much focus from Locke.

Memnoch
11-02-2006, 03:39 AM
I just find it interesting that the last 3 surviors killed off just HAPPENED to make the news for driving incidents in Hawaii. Sad to see Eko go, but I think they wrapped him up fairly well. We finally know why he was building the church, and I wonder if Charlie will finish it. I also think that after Juliet played that tape... she went to Ben. I don't know but I just do not trust them. And just who was the guy with the eye patch and what station could he have been in? One more week to go and I really am getting just all excited again with questions.

Agent23
11-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Maybe he was unhappy with the show or the creators didnt want to pay him anymore?!?!?!?!?

I am pretty sure his DWI had something to do with him getting killed off the show....

The Josh
11-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Really liked tonights show. Didn't realize Eko had gotten a DWI too. That IMO would explain some stuff. I like where the show is going so far and I can't complain about the lay off. Basketball keeps me from seeing the shows much during the season so I won't miss anything.

Agent0028
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm upset about Eko being killed off too. My favorite line in the series, "Whaddaya gonna do? Hit me with your Jesus stick?"

Batty, you mentioned the smoke being a hanso experiment gone bad...have you read Michael Crichton's Prey? It makes me think so much of a nanoswarm.

Buttmunch
11-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Someone on another board mentioned that the Tailies found a glass eye in their hatch and that probably belonged to the Nicky Fury guy in the other hatch.

Moral of the story, don't drink in drive in Hawaii or you'll get fired! :lol

SSC_Nerd
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Batty, you mentioned the smoke being a hanso experiment gone bad...have you read Michael Crichton's Prey? It makes me think so much of a nanoswarm.

Eh, the creators of the show confirmed it is NOT nanotechs. My guess it's the only TRUE unnatural thing on the island. Whateva.

Is it just me, or did anybody think the guy with the eyepatch looked like Ron Perlman?

Buttmunch
11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Eh, the creators of the show confirmed it is NOT nanotechs. My guess it's the only TRUE unnatural thing on the island. Whateva.

Is it just me, or did anybody think the guy with the eyepatch looked like Ron Perlman?

No, but it could be him since he does a lot of TV show voices so being on a TV show for a few episodes wouldn't be a stretch.

tomandshell
11-03-2006, 02:32 AM
First thing I thought of was that glass eye from the tail section hatch.

Very frustrated to see them kill Eko. What was the point? Why not have him die in the hatch? Or in the polar bear cave? What a waste of a good character, and what a pointless death. Why did the smoke kill him this time and not during his first encounter?

But at least we have a bit of an explanation for why Jack saw his dad, Shannon saw Walt, Kate saw a horse, Hurley saw a talking bird, etc.

With only one more show left between now and February, I am feeling much more frustrated than addicted.

samuraiwarrior
11-03-2006, 03:49 AM
OK thats it! Im downloading! (but dunno how :'C)

KrisSolo
11-03-2006, 07:09 AM
OK thats it! Im downloading! (but dunno how :'C)

I PM'ed ya...:D

The Josh
11-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Man, I'm not frustrated at all. I love this ****. Not totally knowing everything and trying to figure it all out. This is what keeps me coming back.

Memnoch
11-03-2006, 09:01 AM
The smoke monster also explains the comment from the production team that we saw the monster quite a few times but never really knew that it was the monster. The big thing Im wondering though.... what the HELL is with the four toed statue?

Andy Bergholtz
11-03-2006, 10:13 AM
But at least we have a bit of an explanation for why Jack saw his dad, Shannon saw Walt, Kate saw a horse, Hurley saw a talking bird, etc..

Wow, I'm completely drawing a blank on this one.... When did Hurley see a talking bird?

Batty
11-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Wow, I'm completely drawing a blank on this one.... When did Hurley see a talking bird?
Here ya go, Andy. It does sort of sound like it's saying his name. And I love Sawyer's response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4A_LT6K4Q