LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a LOST thread on the first few pages so decided to start a new one.

Let me just say - I HATE TIVO! It cuts off right before the end of the episode? If I hadn't been within the 30 mins. of the auto record I would have missed the end completely.

Just have to say - I love Ecko as a character - I can't wait to see what they do with him. And I hate what they're doing with Locke - he's too smart to be taken in by the maybe Other prisoner.

And liked the casting on Alexandre - she even looks like the actor playing Rousseau.

I agree about Locke being too smart. I felt a bit let down when they showed him seemingly fall for such a transparent manipulation.

I really liked this episode. And while there was a flashback, it wasn't of some ancillary character's backstory.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable "Lord of the Flies" rift in the castaways.

Who will be the leader?

Also, I'd like to see Locke and Ecko in a fight -- clash of the spiritual He-Men.

I also like that fact that the others are not some rag-tag "pirates" but may be in fact mysterious "scientists".

And does anyone have an explanation for that "black smoke" that seems to flash with memories.

Last nights episode had a lot of promise but I fealt as if the last 5 minutes resolved a lot and didn't leave me wondering about a great deal of things like earlier in the season. Ecko made a friend, the baby is fine, Locke is a sucker. Bring back Invasion!

Locke's story is definately degenerating IMO, they have set him up too high to be taken down like this. :sick

So Redbeard the threatening pirate only had his beard glued on, hmmm, it sure sounded like the same voice - the man talking with Ethan in the hall. :confused:

So, we find a hidden medical hatch marked "Dharma," first thing we should do is ................................... TELL THE OTHERS (no, not those others ;) ), why do shows do this!?!?!? :google :horror :google :horror

Dave; You can set your Tivo to record minutes before and after the show! That way you never miss it! I learned the hard way.

You shouldn't have to set it to record after and you never know when you'll need to! I did it all the the time with football, but for a episodic it should be necessary.

The worst was the season finale of Gilmore Girls where Tivo cut off right before the most important line of the season. Now THAT was frustrating!

I loved the idea of making this week's flashbacks take place during season one. Very surprised to see MC Gainey looking so nice and clean. So why do they dress up like dirty bums when they show themselves to the Losties? Looks like they want to be underestimated... Very interesting. As for Locke, I don't think he was really that suckered in by Henry's comments. He may have been frustrated, but Locke is smart enough to know that only an Other would be eavesdropping and attempting to subtly drive a wedge between his two captors. Also good to know that Alex doesn't have her heart in it when it comes to being an Other. Gives me hope that she and Rousseau will be reunited. Now where's Walt, and what has Michael been up to??

Are the Others actually members of the Hanso Foundation? What's the deal with the disguise kit? Did anyone notice the bottles of antidote had the number sequence on them? Why did Mr. Eko cut off his beard? Why am I asking so many questions?

I think there's still a lot about Locke we don't know about, yet. I think he knows more than he's letting on. He spends a lot of time down in that bunker. Maybe he's just frustrated with the whole situation. Will he lose the use of his legs again?

So many questions!

Batty said:
Why did Mr. Eko cut off his beard?

Eko knows that the Others wear fake beards. In cutting off his beard and offering it to Henry Gale to wear as a disguise, he was in effect saying, "I'm on to you. I know you're one of them." It was a warning...

tomandshell said:
Eko knows that the Others wear fake beards. In cutting off his beard and offering it to Henry Gale to wear as a disguise, he was in effect saying, "I'm on to you. I know you're one of them." It was a warning...
I didn't even think of that. When did Mr. Eko know about the fake beard? Wasn't he with Henry Gale at the same time Claire, Kate and Rousseau were looking for the antidote? This is why I have to re-watch each episode.

I don't know; might be way off here, but I thought Eko cuts off his two little beard strands because he is finally able to tell someone about, and seek forgivness for the two people he killed in the jungle.

My Tivo cut the ending off as well. Could someone please tell me how the episode ended??

Also, Ecko may have known about the beards because he killed two of them. Maybe he found out about the beards while they were dead.

Oops! I was just kidding! That wasn't meant to be a real theory. Could there actually be something to it? He really didn't know about the fake beards. I thought it was a sign of his letting go of the burden of guilt he felt over the murders. He started growing the two little mini-beards after killing the two men. Now that he has asked forgiveness from one of the Others, he feels like he can let it go, and so he cut off the beards and gave them back to another Other, saying, "Now the burden of killing is on you guys."

tomandshell said:
Oops! I was just kidding! That wasn't meant to be a real theory.
Suuuuure it wasn't. LOL. It actually sounded plausible to me.

For a split second, when Eko put the knife up to his neck, I thought he was going to cut his own throat.

I thought he was going to:

A. Cut his own throat.

B. Cut Henry's throat.

C. Cut Henry's restraints.

D. Give the Henry the knife.

I was not expecting him to resort to such barber-ism. :D

Blasted! Great question, why DO the Others play dress up!?!??!??!?!?!? :google :horror

I got a feeling Anna-Lucia is going to find the balloon and the grave. But the twist is she'll find 2 bodies buried not 1. :horror

I think the two beards were visual representations of his guilt.

That is that he grew them out of guilt -- one for each man he killed. And now that he's confessed about the killing he can absolve himself of the guilt he's been wearing/growing all this time.

Back