Marvel Ultimate Avengers:The Movie DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just picked this up. I haven't heard nothing about it. I haven't seen too many "Comic" Cartoons either.

I thought I heard Ironman was having a movie made about him, same with Captin America. I do know that the Wolverine movie was announced and is in early production. Looking foward to seeing that. Could be good.

I have read a few reviews of this and for the most part.................the reviews and replys are bad.

I personnaly bought it and thuoght it was pretty good. You have to accept it for what it is.

Mithrandier said:
I have read a few reviews of this and for the most part.................the reviews and replys are bad.

I personnaly bought it and thuoght it was pretty good. You have to accept it for what it is.

I agree MIT, I am a ahardcore Ultimate Fan, and I think they did a solid job, making it both kid friendly, but still, for the most part, true to the comic. You know Hulk goes on a rampage in the comic too, but the whole time he yells how he wants to get with Betty, obviously they could not put that in, and they could have explained Thor's background a bit more. I still enjoyed it though, however the second movie is going on its own, away from the comic, even introducing Ultimate Black Panther...

Yeah, the second one is straying from the book. I will buy it as well though. Not sure about T'Challa.................would have rather seen Hawkeye before him. Oh well..................

That is what a lot of others are complaining about.......the animation..............I guess I did not have a problem with it and cannot see what the problem is with the animation.

Bodie, gotta say it................even though i have never done it, but it is better than farting on ones hand and then sniffin it........................

Originally quoted by SolidLiquidFox
I'll spend my cash on the next Ultimates HC instead. This seems like a water down version of the comic for obvious reasons.

There are obvious reasons, mainly the book really reads more for teen or older. The cartoon movies need to reach out to the kids, and still us as fans.

I loved the Avengers Assemble documentery. It was really cool to see the X Men vs Sentinel piece sitting on Avi Arad's desk during his interview.

The movie was ok. If this is the tone of the animated stuff to come, i'm probably going to stick to the comics. I'm more of the direct translation type of fan. I loved Sin City. If they had done this where it was almost exactly like the comic, I would have been totally behind it, but it was way off from the book.

KLAUDER said:
I loved the Avengers Assemble documentery. It was really cool to see the X Men vs Sentinel piece sitting on Avi Arad's desk during his interview.

The movie was ok. If this is the tone of the animated stuff to come, i'm probably going to stick to the comics. I'm more of the direct translation type of fan. I loved Sin City. If they had done this where it was almost exactly like the comic, I would have been totally behind it, but it was way off from the book.

LOL! They would almost to put X-Rating on a good direct translation, Hulk going around humping everything, Hank Pym abusing his wife and Cap talking some whoop a** to him for it....

But your point is so true Kaluder, if Marvel could do a more comic loyal interpretation these animations will fly off the store racks...

I just read that all of the Marvel animated films are being picked up by Cartoon Network. They announced in their lineup.

I will probably still pick them all up. Azog, did you have somethin on yer site bout Fantastic 4 series on TV? When is it supposed to start airing and on which network. 2007?

Last edited:
Mithrandier said:
I will probably still pick them all up. Azog, did you have somethin on yer site bout Fantastic 4 series on TV? When is it supposed to start airing and on which network. 2007?

I think Klauder nailed it! It should be on Cartoon Network (not sure when, however I would not rule out fox), and all this coming on the heels that Justice League only has two episodes left...

KLAUDER said:
I just read that all of the Marvel animated films are being picked up by Cartoon Network. They announced in their lineup.

That's cool! As long as they don't preempt Ed, Edd & Eddie. Although it's too bad Nickelodeon didn't pick the Marvel films up, I like their cartoon lineup better. :wacky

Hey Fritz..............gotta jaw breaker by chance...................sorry for off topic................

Back