Shia Trashes Indy IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Old Lu

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.studiobriefing.net/2010/05/shia-labeouf-flays-his-indy-performance-and-the-film/

SHIA LABEOUF FLAYS HIS INDY PERFORMANCE — AND THE FILM

May 16, 2010

Shia LaBeouf is no Indiana Jones. He said so himself in an interview with the Los Angeles Times at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday. “I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished,” he said, referring to his performance in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. He went on to amplify his self criticism, saying “The actor’s job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn’t do it. So that’s my fault. Simple.” He indicated that he and Harrison Ford were aware that the film wasn’t working while it was in production “We had major discussions. He wasn’t happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn’t universally accepted.” When the 23-year-old actor was asked whether he expected to be reprimanded by producer-director Steven Spielberg for his public criticism of the film, he replied, “I’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. … He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”

I personally was fine with the movie--I thought it was pretty much in line with Last Crusade (and I liked Kingdom better, actually). It was fun and pretty light-hearted. Nothing will touch the perfection of Raiders.

I also thought Shia's performance was pretty much the best you could do with such crappy material, so I think it's big of him to put some of the blame on himself. Good to know Ford also saw how bad the movie was turning out. I just hope Spielberg and especially Lucas start to open their eyes and realize how people are getting less tolerant of their half-baked crap.

I'm not sure that he's in a place to criticize Spielberg, but I agree with his comments.

I wouldn't say Spielberg is washed up. He still does some strong work. Everyone can't have a home run every time.

Lucas should just go live on an island and relax for the rest of his days.

I liked it.. but at times it was REALLY hard watching Harrison Ford. I always felt like his old ass was going to break a hip or something.

If he is going to apologise for making crap movies, he should start with Transformers 2 which was a Trillion times crappier than Kingdom of the crystal skull.
I guess he can't because he has another one lined up to inflict on us all.

The kid should just keep his mouth shut, his untalented ass was lucky to have even been given the role.

Can you tell I am pissed off by his comments :lol

He already pretty much said Transformers 2 sucked and promised Transformers 3 would be better... :lol

I like Shia.

If he is going to apologise for making crap movies, he should start with Transformers 2 which was a Trillion times crappier than Kingdom of the crystal skull.

The kid should just keep his mouth shut, his untalented ass was lucky to have even been given the role.

uh....he already ripped Transformers 2 last week. :rotfl

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/13/shia-labeouf-transformers_n_575328.html

I'm not sure that he's in a place to criticize Spielberg, but I agree with his comments.

No more so than a person on the street who thought the movie sucked. Just his opinion as a movie-goer. I'm glad he had the guts to say what a lot of Indy fans out there thought.

I wouldn't say Spielberg is washed up. He still does some strong work. Everyone can't have a home run every time.

Lucas should just go live on an island and relax for the rest of his days.

I agree Spielberg still has it. But he should also have the brass to tell Lucas to back off on some of his stupid ideas.

The kid should just keep his mouth shut, his untalented ass was lucky to have even been given the role.:lol

The general reaction I've read over 4-5 differant forums has mostly been in support of him and similar to this :

I thought he was a moron......maybe not hmmm....

I think he is trying to make a change from action to serious movies with the oppurtunity of Wall Street coming up, he's trying to do what Leo did, going from a teen heartthrob in Romeo and Juliet/Titanic that alot of guys saw as a kinda joke, to a respected well liked actor.

Lucas and Michael Bay, are 2 of the most overrated people in the buissness, it's refreshing to hear from what is basically theyre golden boy. They do need a reality check.

:lecture :lecture He's still a noob IMO. I can't think of any of his performances that have given him the right to criticize a filmmaker who's been been in the business longer than he's been alive. If he's still around in 10 years, and stops making crap like Transformers maybe I'll take him serious.

take out the stupid 'swinging from vines like tarzan' part (or even show him looking at the monkeys, then cut to him swinging out of the jungle onto the truck at the end... just cut the stupid swingggg.... and swingggg... and swingggg.. part) - and fix some of the 'it's late evening and outdoors, but everyone looks like they've got flashlights in their faces and are in a studio' look about some of the scenes... and I'm happy with it!

:lecture :lecture He's still a noob IMO. I can't think of any of his performances that have given him the right to criticize a filmmaker who's been been in the business longer than he's been alive. If he's still around in 10 years, and stops making crap like Transformers maybe I'll take him serious.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I don't think it's wise to bite the hand that feeds you, it isn't as though he is considered a leading dramatic actor; he has his niche, might want to make it work. :slap

This is why he needs to keep his mouth shut, he's just bad mouthed one of his most highest rated movies :lol
Maybe he should just apologise for being an Actor

Rotten Tomatoes Shia Filmography

Indiana Jones KOTCS 77% Fresh
Holes 77%
Disturbia 68%
Transformers 57%
constantine 46%
Eagle Eye 28%
Transformers 2 20% rotten Turd

I think he is trying to make a change from action to serious movies with the oppurtunity of Wall Street coming up, he's trying to do what Leo did, going from a teen heartthrob in Romeo and Juliet/Titanic that alot of guys saw as a kinda joke, to a respected well liked actor.

DiCaprio has undergone truly the most remarkable transformation I can think of. He went from "can't watch" to "don't miss" inside of a decade -- started off as a pretty boy in sappy romances and chick flicks, and now he's a legit badass in some really intense movies (Departed, Body of Lies, etc.). Amazing.

If Shia can pull that off ... the movie world will be better for it.

SnakeDoc

Back