SS GI Joe Bodies Thread! Q/A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demimatt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just want to say I already have Beachhead and Firefly both pre ordered and I am super interested in the following joes

Snake Eyes
Storm Shadow
Crimson CC
and Duke

My question is.... how are their bodies? I know that the Snake Eyes one is complete garbage, but what about the other figures? My co worker has the Cobra Officer and the body joints are nice and Tight, so if I were to venture and buy thiese figures, would I be spending a nice chunk to replace their og bodies with Hot Toys generics?

It just kinda of defeats the purpose paying so much for a figure to have to replace their body with a 3rd party. I <3 the characters and their costumes but I am just worried about their bodies. Thanks!

Snake Eyes - body is ok, but a Wesker/blade TT is better.
Storm Shadow - body is fine if you leave the sleeves on. If you are taking them off, get a Wesker TT or a Comedian Body.
Crimson CC - body is fine
and Duke - body is perfect.

In terms of the size/look of the body, that depends on your own preference. There are lots of pics in threads here of people who have used various different bodies on these figures. I don't mind Snakes' original body, because I use a sweater on him. But if I didn't, I would probably upgrade. I think SS's arms look too big with the muscle bodies, despite the huge guns on his card art.

Another issue is the quality of the body. Apparently most folks haven't had many issues, but I personally have had some pretty loose bodies come my way with the Joes. Of course, you have to get them in-hand before you can know how yours will turn out.

Ah thanks for the insight, my ideas so far is to get duke and the Crimson CC and leave them as is, but for snake eyes to replace with an HT body and then unsleeve storm shadow and bring in his tunic a bit tighter and possibly replace with another hot toys body.

I dunno, I'm still happy with Snake Eyes on the ST-1 body. It looks perfectly fine, doesn't turn him into a roided giant, nothing needs to be modded for the port and is about 1/3 the price of the Wesker/Blade body. As for Storm Shadow, like Mando, I put him on a regular TT. As cool as the Comedian/Wolverine body is, the articulation stinks.

I say the more muscle the better, bring on the riods :rock

image.php

Ala Chris Redfield!

I have the same set up as NAM. SE on a ST body, which is pretty damn good aside from the arms being a bit slim but great when used with a sweater. SS is on a standard TT. If exposed joints freak you out then go another route but I'm not sure how well a Comedian/Wolverine body would pose with SS's bow drawn.

Back