Grand Opening!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Troy and I am the owner of Fanboy Collectibles. I've been a fellow collector for close to thirty years. Like most of us, I started with comic books and actions figures. As the years went by and I had some money to spend I got into statues and mini-busts, along with a few odds and end pieces and the occasional sports autograph. Over the last few years I started with collecting comic art, both original pages and commissions. So now when I head to a convention I get pulled in every direction at once, since there is almost always something I'm interested in at every booth and table.

So why start a collectibles business in today's economy? For years I worked at a few well known companies in Midtown Manhattan, Accenture & Merrill Lynch being the most notable. After moving on from there I had taken a job managing a much smaller company. While it didn't have the prestige of those larger firms, it was a step up in that it allowed me to manage the organization and the day to day running's. I couldn't complain about the pay either. Unfortunately when the economy suffered it's recent downturn, I was laid off and left to decide what the next step was going to be. After going back and forth with a few ideas, I decided to look into opening my own business and what better then to go with something you know and are passionate about. Thankfully I had the savings and was lucky enough to be given a lot of valuable advice by one of the fellow dealers here on this board. I had spent quite some time at his place of business talking about this hobby, so when I decided to go in this direction he was extremely generous with his time and knowledge, for which I will always be thankful.

So the doors are open, now what. Well first of all as it says in my introductory post customer service is of the highest priority with me. In every job I've ever had, one of the most important (and often overlooked) aspects of business is dealing with people. There is nothing more aggravating then waiting to hear back from someone, so I certainly don't want to be that person you are cursing while waiting to hear back from Between this board, e-mail and phone calls I will always reply back to any of questions and concerns (and in some cases you may not be able to shut me up as you can see from how long this "brief" introduction is getting).

I know the majority of my business will be internet based, but I do have a retail store in Connecticut. If you are in the area and what to stop in, please do. I love to meet fellow collectors and will always take the time to talk about anything and everything in this hobby. I'm lucky enough to have a nice sized retail space, so if you want to pick up your purchases and save on the shipping, I've got the room to hold them until you have the time to swing by and pick them up.

Lastly, I know one more thing that all collectors love, something free. As part of the Grand Opening, I am having a raffle for all new customers. Purchase any item from Fanboy Collectibles between now and the end of July and you’re entered. Since everyone has different tastes, we’re giving the winner a choice:

• Sideshow's The Circle is Now Complete - Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader faux bronze diorama (limited to 50 pieces).

• Sideshow's Shades of Mordor - Ringwraith Diorama faux bronze diorama (limited to 35 pieces).

• Bowen Designs' White Queen modern exclusive diamond variant (will be limited, but total number of pieces has yet to be revealed).

You win and you pick which one you want...and we’ll take care of the shipping charge too.

I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Troy Emmi

Fanboy Collectibles
64 Barnabas Rd.
Newtown, CT 06470
(203) 304-9180
www.fanboycollectibles.com
[email protected]

I was asked by a couple of people if purchasing a pre-order item gets you into the raffle. Yes it does. Any order of in stock or pre-order items puts you in the raffle.

Newest pre-Orders available:

Gentle Giant

Star Wars Bantha & Tusken Raider Statue
Star Wars Figrin D'an Mini-Bust
Harry Potter Professor Trelawney Mini-Bust

Bowen Designs

Blob Mini-Bust
Sandman Statue

Kotobukiya

Deadpool Fine Art Statue
Iron Man 2 War Machine Fine Art Statue

Fanboy Collectibles

Now available for Pre-Order:

Gentle Giant Death Trooper Mini-Bust
This elite Stormtrooper is infected with more than just the dark side. At 6.5 inches this remarkably horrifying 1/6th scale mini-bust is crafted in heavy, high quality poly-stone. Accurately sculpted with detailed and distressed armor, then hand painted to Gentle Giant's always exacting specifications. Limited to just 2,500 piece worldwide Each piece includes a complete Paperback edition of Joe Schreiber's Star Wars horror novel : DEATH TROOPERS.

Also available for order with same day shipping on all In Stock items:

Mimobot Star Wars 8GB USB Flash Drives
Available in R2-D2 , Jawa, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Captain Rex,
Stormtrooper Unmasked (with a 50/50 chance of receiving Han or Luke underneath), Talking C-3PO, Talking Darth Maul and Talking Darth Vader Unmasked (with 1 in 6 chance that face is the Return of the Jedi-era pale, scarred countenance).

Medicom Real Action Heroes (RAH) 12 Inch Figures
Limited to only 1,000 each in the U.S. We currently have Darth Maul, Jango Fett and Boba Fett in stock.

Sideshow Yoda & Clone Trooper Premium Format Figure

There are also our newest Pre-Order items available from Sideshow, Bowen and Hot Toys:

Hot Toys

Iron Man 2 Black Widow, War Machine and Whiplash 12 Inch Figures & Resident Evil Jill Valentine 12 Inch Figure

Bowen

Sandman, Classic Dr. Doom, Kitty Pryde and Classic Sabretooth Full Size Statues & Classic Thor and Modern Thor Mini-Busts

Sideshow

Venomsaurus Rex and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Leonardo Comiquettes

Prince of Persia and Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format Figures

Colossus Legendary Scale Bust

Thanos & Mistress Death Diorama

Don’t forget our free summer raffle ending in July. Any customer purchasing an In Stock or Pre-Order item gets entered for a choice of one of three prizes. You Win. You Choose. And We Will Even Ship It For Free! Sideshow The Circle Is Now Complete: Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Faux Bronze Diorama limited to just 50 pieces worldwide, Sideshow Shades of Mordor: Ringwraith Diorama Faux Bronze Diorama limited to just 35 pieces worldwide or Bowen White Queen Diamond Variant Full Size Statue.

Back