What do you use?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budafett

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm hopefully going to be moving out of my parents house soon (I'm only 21) and want to get some ideas for display cabinets/units.

It's be great to list product types:
1) Type of shelf/cabinets/stand alone units
2) Manufacturer
3) Serial or identification numbers
4) Photos of them in use!

I think this could be a good resource for people that are starting and could make it easier to locate and decide on different styles!

I predict you will see the word Detolf quite a bit very soon.

Depends a lot on what you have to display. Detolfs and Billys are great for 1/6, but if it's other stuff, then other displays are called for. The Ikea Besta/Framsta/inreda systems are great for most anything though.

I think the 75"H x 23"W x 15"D Besta + aluminum glass doors is probably the best overall display IMO. I used to be a detolf guy but now I'm all for Besta. You need to buy a lot of glass doors though to fill up one large size Besta, and they can add up to be a little expensive. One thing I've learned is to check on Craig's List once in a while, the Besta frames usually come up pretty often for really cheap so most of the time you're really only paying for the glass doors.

I was very excited when I saw the look/price of the Detolfs & Bestas (I'm new to the higher end collectible scene, if my only now finding out about them is surprising). But unfortunately, there are no Ikeas in CO, and shipping one Detolf costs $300 (!)

So basically my question is, are there any other display cases at similar price points that are available nation wide? Or at least ones where the shipping is slightly more reasonable?

I use Besta Billy and I use to use Detolfs but I would really like to phase those out. I also have acrylic cases that I am trying to phase out.

This is what I'll be using starting Wednesday...that's when my glass shelves arrive.

BirthdayPresent2010041.jpg

I bought this for $250 from a K-Mart that was going out of business. The glass doors will go on after it's full. These are the cabinets they use to lock the video games in.

I am now a member of the Detolf club. Picked up a pair in Monday. I feel bad thought because only 2 PF's fit and I feel like it's a big waste of space. Then again they do look pretty.

I am now a member of the Detolf club. Picked up a pair in Monday. I feel bad thought because only 2 PF's fit and I feel like it's a big waste of space. Then again they do look pretty.

same here only 2 pfs per detolf,but l welded an extra set of bars 5 inches from the top of the detolf so there is an extra shelf there now so l can add extra small things aswell.

guys what are some alternatives to detolfs...they are too heavy and my car is barely big enough to transport them...as bad as it sounds, I can't handle them alone. I really just need something that can keep them from dust. I hate it.

guys what are some alternatives to detolfs...they are too heavy and my car is barely big enough to transport them...as bad as it sounds, I can't handle them alone. I really just need something that can keep them from dust. I hate it.

well thats a tuffy to get around.you could by the single display acrylic cases that are like big squares but are more expensive then a detolf for only one and you just put them over the figure.

well thats a tuffy to get around.you could by the single display acrylic cases that are like big squares but are more expensive then a detolf for only one and you just put them over the figure.

I fear this may be the temporary solution...anything just to get them out of the dust. What is the common place you guys go to pick up such single cases?

I can probably cram a few figures under each cube right?

Edit: Just noticed the stickied thread - I will go look at it.

I fear this may be the temporary solution...anything just to get them out of the dust. What is the common place you guys go to pick up such single cases?

I can probably cram a few figures under each cube right?

well im not sure,l saw some at a diecast model store and were very high priced like $85 for a 15inch cube,it will vary from different places.maby you could start a thread and ask or google it and find some prices and what stores near you might sell them.

You are right...quite expensive...ok, I guess I'm just going to have to put my figures back into the boxes until I figure out a way to get those detolfs...#(*%#

You are right...quite expensive...ok, I guess I'm just going to have to put my figures back into the boxes until I figure out a way to get those detolfs...#(*%#

ya the detolf are heavy,there like 98 pounds in the box,and cant put it in a car.but dont take my word for it on how much the cubes are you might find them on the internet for a really good price have a look.but once your settled the detolfs are the best,most bang for your buck.what figures do you have PFs or 1/6.

Back